• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Clown Cars are better than you think!

aag567

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 1, 2006
Here's how you turn your clown car into a mobile satchel thrower:

1 - Drive clown car into ammo crates.

2 - Have someone use the ammo crates to jump on clown car.

This is how the guy on the clown car throws his satchels:

1 - Aim up.

2 - Only throw the satchel when you pass the tank or the satchel willl fall short and land on your clown car.

3 - Don't start the fuse to early.

4 - Don't prone or it's likely your gonna get killed so stand up or crouch.

I tried this tactic with success but I couldn't find out I needed use step 1 and 2 soon enough when I needed to which resulted in lots of tks and "np"s. I also remember my driver moving next to a enemy halftrack and then I shot the guy on the mounted MG with my ppsh, reminded me of those rail gun sequences in some FPSs.

Tks aside it was such good fun.:D

Last edited:
aag567 said:
Here's how you turn your clown car into a mobile satchel thrower:
1 - Drive clown car into ammo crates.
2 - Have someone use the ammo crates to jump on clown car.
This is how the guy on the clown car throws his satchels:
1 - Aim up.
2 - Only throw the satchel when you pass the tank or the satchel willl fall short and land on your clown car.
3 - Don't start the fuse to early.

4 - Don't prone or it's likely your gonna get killed so stand up or crouch.
I tried this tactic with success but I couldn't find out I needed use step 1 and 2 soon enough when I needed to which resulted in lots of tks and "np"s. I also remember my driver moving next to a enemy halftrack and then I shot the guy on the mounted MG with my ppsh, reminded me of those rail gun sequences in some FPSs.
Tks aside it was such good fun.:D

god awful gamey crap. many servers would kick you for such cheesey, unrealistic play. I know I would. freakin' clown car jerks. break out the ban hammer, I say! :D

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
god awful gamey crap. many servers would kick you for such cheesey, unrealistic play. I know I would. freakin' clown car jerks. break out the ban hammer, I say! :D

They made you RTR Heinz? Well, there goes the last good 24/7 server. Admin abuse galore now.

Anyways, back on topic. I actually used to hate this tactic but the reality is that it is possible and in my opinion, intelligent play. I've also been ontop of tanks when I am German because you can do the same thing on Arad by pulling the Panzer up to the ammo stack and jumping on.

I'd be upset if the devs removed the possibility to ride ontop of vehicles. I've gotten a lot of kills shooting with my rifle off the top of the Panzers and nothing is better than doing a drive-by shooting ontop of a BA-64 while yelling, "YEEEHA!" :D

Upvote 0
Praetorian Historian said:
They made you RTR Heinz? Well, there goes the last good 24/7 server. Admin abuse galore now.
Anyways, back on topic. I actually used to hate this tactic but the reality is that it is possible and in my opinion, intelligent play. I've also been ontop of tanks when I am German because you can do the same thing on Arad by pulling the Panzer up to the ammo stack and jumping on.
I'd be upset if the devs removed the possibility to ride ontop of vehicles. I've gotten a lot of kills shooting with my rifle off the top of the Panzers and nothing is better than doing a drive-by shooting ontop of a BA-64 while yelling, "YEEEHA!" :D

I am not an admin at RTR, and my team does not kick for clown car abuse. some of my team actually do it, so I am in the minority there.

that does not change the fact that it's gamey, unrealistic crap that does not belong in a fine game like RO:O. it's very BF2-ish. in a word, awful.

Upvote 0
Bt7_6.jpg

Upvote 0
Great. Just what we need. The RO equivalent of "kubelfausting".

That's cheesy bull**** tactics, the moreso because we CAN'T do the same thing with putting infantry on tanks. If you could, then infantry could ride along and would've shot you to pieces before you got within 20 feet of the tank.

Personally, I see little use for the BA-64 in this game aside from the abovementioned tactic. If the thing's gonna be used in such an unrealistic fashion, and ONLY for that purpose, it should just be removed and replaced with the Zis truck.

Upvote 0