• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anti Tank Madness

What??? You use the tools your given. No one else was using the buggy.

Dont tell me some people have a problem with using a buggy to get close to the enemy?? Its not like I kamizazed into them. I jump out, then do all i can to stop them getting a clean shot at me. Its not easy. I didnt always use the buggy, sometimes i ran at them in a big arcing loop until i came alongside them without them knowing. I suppose thats taboo as well?

And who said anything about suicide missions?? I more than held my own. I would have died a lot quicker in a tank.

In fact the big killer in that game was some knob jockey called Dr V who kept shooting the crap out of his own team mates (me) when we spawned. If i didnt have to run him over 4 or 5 times I wouldnt have ended up on minus scores even after taking out my first few tanks.

Upvote 0
con20or said:
What??? You use the tools your given. No one else was using the buggy.

Dont tell me some people have a problem with using a buggy to get close to the enemy?? Its not like I kamizazed into them. I jump out, then do all i can to stop them getting a clean shot at me. Its not easy. I didnt always use the buggy, sometimes i ran at them in a big arcing loop until i came alongside them without them knowing. I suppose thats taboo as well?

And who said anything about suicide missions?? I more than held my own. I would have died a lot quicker in a tank.

In fact the big killer in that game was some knob jockey called Dr V who kept shooting the crap out of his own team mates (me) when we spawned. If i didnt have to run him over 4 or 5 times I wouldnt have ended up on minus scores even after taking out my first few tanks.

The problem is jumping out of the BA64 while its still travelling at 40kmh, that is ridicilous. No one has a problem with its speed or that people use to travel the map to hunt tanks.

What is gamey and unrealistic that one can exit the vehicle while its still moving at full speed, instantly mind you, without any injury. You try hopping out of a moving car at 40kmh with 20lbs of gear or more. Yea...OK.

Upvote 0
The BA makes a great decoy -- lots of fun to drive around the south feild on Arad and let the German tanks take potshots at you. If they bite, it gives your tanks a chance to move in.

If you can manage not to get blown up, or roll the thing.

Seriously, though, I've never had much success driving right up to tanks and blowing them away as a saper. A good team will have another tank somewhere in back who can provide cover against that. But I like the BA as a quick transport to strategic points on large maps.

Upvote 0
If I get bored on Arad I'll grab the BA and drive it around the South Field hitting all the jumps that I know (I know a couple big ones, I'm curious if I could jump a tank) and I drive past the tanks just to make them paranoid and sometimes they jump out thinking I jumped out and then the russian tanks blows em up! One time there were two tigers side by side with a little gap in between them behind a jump, so I drove in behind them and lined up my run and floored it. I scooted between both tigers and flew through the air in front of them, they must've been like WTF??? :eek:

Upvote 0