• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For Poeple That Cannot Start The Game

kAMIKAZE,

Thanks for your insights as to what the problem might be.

I did a chkdsk /f /r, and found no errors.

I uninstalled steam entirely and redownloaded RO and I am still getting nothing.

When I try to run RO the splash screen comes up, acts like it's going to load, then just disappears.

I tried using the RedOrchestra.exe file from within the RedOrchestra\System folder. It complained of missing Steam.dll, so I copied the Steam.dll from the root Steam directory and placed it in the RO\System folder.

When I try to run RedOrchestra.exe with the Steam.dll file present I get the same C++ Runtime Error that everyone else is complaining about.

I'm not sure what to try next...

Any insights would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Aatrex

Edit - Added a new minidump error

View attachment minidump-v3339.zip

Last edited:
Upvote 0
03-19-2006, 09:22 PM Tripwire wrote

03-19-2006, 09:22 PM Tripwire wrote

Back on March 19 this post was made by the team that wrote this program. So can you tell me if you have and update to your post that you can share with us all to what to do if we still can not start the game? And Up to date Update would be nice guys!

Upvote 0
Jubiiii

Jubiiii

kAMIKAZE said:
Can you try uninstalling Red Orchestra and Steam, run a registry cleaner called CCleaner, run chkdsk /f /r command on your hard drive, defrag your hard drive and then reinstall Steam and Red Orchestra in that order?
Note: Make sure when you uninstall Red Orchestra and Steam that the Steam folder in C:\Program Files gets deleted.

Then try to run Red Orchestra. If you get a BSOD post a copy of the minidump created by the BSOD.

I looked at your minidumps. The first one mentions Steamdvr.sys. This is the first time I encountered a BSOD mentioning Steamdvr.sys specifically. The other minidump mentions ntfs.sys.

I think Steamdvr.sys got corrupted. How you might ask? Your hard drive could be getting bad, i.e., developing bad sectors. The chkdsk /f /r command will tell you this.

I did these things and now my game is working perfect :)

Thanks kAMIKAZE

Upvote 0
Hi Aatrex,

I checked your minidump-v3339.dmp. You are getting the Runtime Error. I believe Tripwire is working on this.

In the meantime, can you try this (see below) if you still haven't done so:
  1. Run the System Configuration Utility (Msconfig.exe) using the following steps:
  • Log on to Windows as a user with administrative privileges.
  • Click Start->Run. In the Open textbox, type msconfig then press OK.
  • In System Configuration Utility, click the General tab. In Startup Selection section, click Diagnostic Startup. Click Apply.
  • While still in System Configuration Utility, click Services tab. In Services column, click DHCP client, Plug and Play and Windows Audio. Click Apply. Click OK.
  • When the System Configuration pop-up dialog appears, click Restart.
  • After the restart is complete, try to run Red Orchestra and see if the error disappears.
3. Run System File Checker using the following steps:
  • Log on to Windows as a user with administrative privileges.
  • Click Start->All Programs->Acessories->Command Prompt. In Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow then press Enter. Wait for it to finish and then try to run Red Orchestra and see if the runtime error disappears.

Upvote 0
Hi Onewire:

Your minidump tells me you are getting the Runtime Error.

Try uninstalling Red Orchestra and Steam, run a registry cleaner called CCleaner, run chkdsk /f /r command on your hard drive, defrag your hard drive and then reinstall Steam and Red Orchestra in that order.
Note: Make sure when you uninstall Red Orchestra and Steam that the Steam folder in C:\Program Files gets deleted.

The above is an interim solution and may not work at all. I'm trying to zero in on the problem. I think it has something to do with one of the Red Orchestra file called Packages.md5. This file lists the md5 sums of the files installed in your Red Orchestra folder. Thanks to your RedOrchestra.log. I found out that it is trying to load a file called 'Null'. It fails not only because there is no such file but also because it will try to check it from Packages.md5 and it is not listed there. This event causes the generation of the Runtime Error.

I'm not yet sure where it got the value 'Null' or why it has a value of 'Null'. I'll try to find that out and hopefully devise a complete fix.

Upvote 0
Did you try the suggestions made by Kamikaze?
What were the results? (Haven't seen any response from you since your last post).

I am quite certain that the Devs are working looking into the cause of this problem. However, if their efforts do not meet with your approval, I'd have to suggest that you seek whatever compensation you feel is due you pronto.

Best of luck.

Floyd

Upvote 0
so am I the only person that thinks....

so am I the only person that thinks....

It's completely out of the question for a company TO TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THEN EXPECT YOU TO DO ALL THIS WORK TO MAKE THEIR PROGRAM WORK? I have been working on this program, trying fix after fix, since about three this afternoon. It is nearly 11. I am resigned to the fact that I have been ripped off, and cannot return this clearly defective product. I realize that you can fix these problems. What I'm saying is I'd like to be reassured that I'm not alone in thinking that it's completely inequitable to ask us to invest that much time AND money. These are problems you work out in Beta, pure and simple. TRIPWIRE is a joke.

Upvote 0
Your attitude, sir, is the joke.

As you claim to 'work on computers for a living' per another one of your less than well thought-out posts, you should know that it is entirely impossible to 'fix' every issue for every hardware and software configuration, with any program, period.

However, since I'm not a mean person by heart, I'll just stick to wishing you well instead of continuing, and hoping that either a) you are able to get the game up and running in short order, or b) the next patch fixes your problems. RO is really quite the experience :)

Upvote 0
No luck finding required files

No luck finding required files

No luck finding ANY of the required files listed under the possible fixes. I'm attaching a zip file with a DXDiag text file. Just for shits and giggles, the Blue Screen of Death this marvelous game immediately and invariably generates upon startup has the following error message:

vsdatant.sys
PAGE _FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I have the memory addresses recorded as well, but that won't solve the problem, will it?

Attachments

• Red Orchestra Files.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Harry Scrotum said:
No luck finding ANY of the required files listed under the possible fixes. I'm attaching a zip file with a DXDiag text file. Just for shits and giggles, the Blue Screen of Death this marvelous game immediately and invariably generates upon startup has the following error message:

vsdatant.sys

I have the memory addresses recorded as well, but that won't solve the problem, will it?

Your total memory including the pagefile is too small for playing RO.
Set you pagefile to a fixed setting of 2GB and I think you are good to go.

Upvote 0
Harry Scrotum said:

vsdatant.sys

isn't vsdatant.sys from zonealarm i believe so. try the stickied fix.

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6017

Upvote 0