• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Whats your best moment so far?

S~am said:
Its possible with the artillery strikes. But it'd take a while to get that.
It's not too hard actually. The important thing is to get the artillery falling the moment the map starts, then sprint up into the AT Trench with the SVT to keep it from falling as long as possible. Alternate between calling in artillery to protect the trench and getting into it with the SVT until it starts to fall. Then put a curtain of shells between AT and Command and get in a corner of Command to knock off the Germans with your SVT. If you have a good team that tells you when the enemy is switching to a flank you can usually shift the artillery around a bit to catch them, but keep 3-5 salvoes in reserve to defend the Station if necessary. Once Command falls, get into the top floor of station and alternate between spotting artillery and picking off advancing Germans with your rifle. That map is really a spotter's dream - you keep the artillery falling and the rest of the team just deals with the leakers.

The other class that often racks up big points is the Saper - you get points for knocking out the destroyable objectives, plus in between doing that you can use your satchels as the world's most powerful hand grenade. I usually blow myself up two or three times a round but it's worth it to open up routes for the team and clear out tough pockets of resistance. On Rakowice, if the enemy tanks come in near the more complex bits of terrain, it's usually possible to knock out a few using PFs and satchels, too.

It's not really about points though - having a high score is a very poor substitute for winning the round. The best time is on the Aussie server, when we get a good crew who do a lot of talking on the VoIP, passing targets and cap information back and forwards and coordinating our attack and defence. Very cool stuff.

Regards

Upvote 0
so far my most memorable moment would have to be (wow i still dont know the map names that well) on the map with the garage, central yard, and the 3 story building the ruskies spawn next to at first... i ran out of ruskie spawn, and was running towards the central yard from the right side of the map, where its pretty open and the truck is sittin there.. and towards the far side 5 or 6 russians were laying prone, all lined up, a bit staggered, using bits and pieces for cover and concealment, the trees, bushes, and under the ramp thing... all using rifles, and every time a german popped around a corner you hear POPOPOPOPOPOPOPO from 4 5 or 6 rifles... just seeing that was pretty sweet, as you will never see that in an online game (except for RO)

Upvote 0
This was my first time in a panther on ogle. It was around the middle of the match. They still had farm. So I attacked it with my panther. I was alone because everyone was away in other tanks. I entered the farm and there right in front of me stood a IS2. I quikly changed to the commander position and shot the IS2 once. The shot bounced off. I quikly reversed the tank and tried to angle. Then the IS2 fired. Ths shot bounced right back and hitted the top of the IS2 the IS2 was instantly destroyed.

Another time was also in ogledow. I was a ptsoldat. I quikly ran to the farm and got myself a pf. Then the germans poured in and tried to take over the village. They succeeded but i was still alive and killing. I kept on killing panzer4's and panthers. Infantry got shot by my pistol. This lasted for 10min and it got really intense. At some points AP shells just narrowly hitted something directly to my right or left and would have killed me if they were HE shells. I made 20 kills in total before being tk'd.

Upvote 0
The train-station and trenches map, Basovka I think. I was Russian commander, and had set arty coordinates just W/NW of the train station (I believe that's the direction they head from, West to East). I got to the radio and died while I was pressing use. Poopoo.

Next thing I hear is 'They're coming from *thump thump* the NW *thump thump thump* corner! They're gonna cap!'

The right side of my screen was suddenly flooded with kill messages next to little mushroom clouds. It had to have gotten almost an entire spawn wave. *very* satisfying, and we won the match shortly thereafter :)

Upvote 0
So many good times with this game (of course those terrible bad times too when my grenade killed me and two comrades).....But one time I remeber just like it was yesterday....I am crawling through the wheat fields with my bolt action rifle. Things are tense and I have already killed one krout. Just then a German slides down a little hill and is right in front of me 15 yards away....bam...I miss....I am out of ammo and I start to reload. I can see him bringing his gun up...he's aiming at me....KA Bammm....a stray artillery round lands right on top of him. Head...arms....legs all gone. I really had to wonder about the fortunes of war after that one. It really is a matter of luck if you survive.

Upvote 0
TKP said:
So many good times with this game (of course those terrible bad times too when my grenade killed me and two comrades).....But one time I remeber just like it was yesterday....I am crawling through the wheat fields with my bolt action rifle. Things are tense and I have already killed one krout. Just then a German slides down a little hill and is right in front of me 15 yards away....bam...I miss....I am out of ammo and I start to reload. I can see him bringing his gun up...he's aiming at me....KA Bammm....a stray artillery round lands right on top of him. Head...arms....legs all gone. I really had to wonder about the fortunes of war after that one. It really is a matter of luck if you survive.

Or someone is watching over you :cool:

Upvote 0
Athena said:
this moron teammate who purposely shot my scoped Mosin-Nagant rifle out of my hands, dropped his own rifle, tried to pick mine and ended up eating three slugs out of my Tokarev pistol. lol.
Bah, if that happened to me I'd make it my mission to follow him around for the whole round, shooting his weapon out of his hands every time he took aim at an enemy.

Golf33 said:
LOL I was probably one of the Russians you killed! I lose track of the number of times I get killed and see your name on the bullet :)
Vice versa mate, you nail me a lot too :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
these kind of stories are awesome.

too many to recount

but in general, all of my favorite moments end up being the times where you know you should already be dead. You're too far inside enemy lines, and have gotten so many lucky shots off you can't frickin believe you're still alive. another wave comes at you, and despite their best efforts, you somehow manage to kill a buttload before going down yourself.

the best part for me... and I hope I'm not the only one... is the heart thing... you know, where you know it's just a game, but for some reason it gets so intense for a minute, and your heart is pounding so hard you feel like it's about to pop through your ribcage.

unfortunately I've found lately, especially after finally starting to "get" the game, and get good at it - is that many of my "best" (aka luckiest) times are immediately ruined by the person I've just gotten lucky enough to kill, decides that I'm "a f#(*ng hacker" or whines forever about it being "bs". Ugh... It's war --- get over it!

fun stuff though :) best game ever

Upvote 0
2Manny said:
unfortunately I've found lately, especially after finally starting to "get" the game, and get good at it - is that many of my "best" (aka luckiest) times are immediately ruined by the person I've just gotten lucky enough to kill, decides that I'm "a f#(*ng hacker" or whines forever about it being "bs". Ugh... It's war --- get over it!

lol. They'll get it too one day. I've played enough FPS games to realize this is the highest form of compliment, seconded only to someone logging into a server you frequent as your tag to try and besmirch your honor :p

Upvote 0
I was playing Odessa on the Russian team, and had just grabbed a German sniper rifle and four clips of ammo. I holed up in the exit of the Apartments and started picking off enemies in the square..

WHAM, there goes an enemy MGer. Bolt-fire! there goes one who thought he was under cover. That cleared the square itself, but here comes the next set of them! Fired- missed. Fired twice more, dropped two of them. Oops, reloa- ARG, GRENADE! I dove for the side and it blew harmlessly. Stuck my head out, fired, missed. Ran across the opening, killed another..

By the time they got me, I'd fired off three entire clips and nailed at least 10 of them :D Grenades flying in left and right, bullets zipping past my position all the while.

EDIT: My best ROFL moment, on Hedgehog:

I'm playing as the Russian commander, and have cleared the top section of the East (I think) farm, stealing a couple panzerfausts along the way. I saw an enemy tank outside, so I look out the window to shoot it..I hear a panzerfaust blast and hold fire to see if it hits.

It hit all right. ME. A teammate had decided the enemy tank wasn't worth shooting with his (stolen) anti-tank rocket and fired at the figure in the window, TKing his commander with a direct hit from 60+ yards.

Upvote 0