• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

more brutality

Thats a matter of opinion Boyd.

And I think there needs to not be any more gore, because the levels as they are will be fine. However, the animations need to be more realistic, such as the bayo kills or tank kills. And screaming might be an addition to the game for certain deaths. Maybe add in a civilian body tucked away in a map or two, but overall the gore level is fine.

Upvote 0
Zbojnik said:
Though I'm 15 I wish you could see what happens to someone when they get shot. I can't imagine what happens when run over by a tank or burned by a Flamethrower. I was shot twice. Once by my own father. That was in the leg with a .38 caliber Webley Revolver with hollow point rounds. The other was in the chest. That came from a 9mm Uzi. Let's say I was standing at the wrong place at the wrong time. You should be happy you can't see what happens and live in your little sheltered world were your parents provide everything you could ever want.

Why exactly did your father shoot you in the leg with a hollow point bullet from a .38 caliber Webley Revolver?

Upvote 0
Gurgling when someone is stabbed would actually be a nice touch.

When I first played RO it was on hedgehog and the sounds blew me away, the engines on the halftracks and the gun shots just felt so real without any of that canned hollywood boom boom stuff but when I ran by a farm I heard this low aching moan and I found out it was a wounded cow and that just put everything on a pillar. The mod from that point on was simply the best and in times morally profound game I've ever played.

It had the same awe-striking effect Saving Private Ryan or The Thin Red Line had the first time I watched them and as unnerving as it was to hear that cow moan like the horses in AQOTWF, I enjoyed the fact that it was there.

Then when I shot a guy from across the field with my rifle I heard another scream that was drawn and agonized, but it was human. RO wasn't just another FPS in a bloated genre, it was the pinacle of the berg, above the water.

So little things like gurgling or choking after stabbing someone would be enough to enstill that sense of grit and fiber that most games are too afraid to present you with, and if it were done, RO could ONLY do it tastefully. This game will never become a SOF2 or Duke Nukem, it's just too high caliber.

Upvote 0
wokelly said:
Why exactly did your father shoot you in the leg with a hollow point bullet from a .38 caliber Webley Revolver?
A sadistic SOB who beat me from when I was 5. Tried to kill me numerous times. Thank god he's a horrible shot. I've had all my ribs broken, sternum crushed, skull cracked, limbs broken etc. by him. All at the ages of 5-8. I also didn't cry once. I knew if I did then I'd get it worse so I refused to cry. Man did that make him mad.

Upvote 0
lol stfu :rolleyes:

By the way the blood puffs don't always appear due to the FPS system thing. You know how you don't always see the explosion that the panzefaust makes? Sometimes you don't see the explosion because the engine calculates things and it thinks the FPS would take a hit with the panzerfaust explosion so it cuts it out, I believe the same goes with the blood puffs.

Upvote 0
Russkie11 said:
You guys are acting like a bunch of sissies. War is hell and very gross/brutal at that. We need more horrors of war, especially on this front because as we all know, the eastern front was a pretty brutal place.
The forum wont allow me to attack this comment in the way i would like so ill just say a few thoughts...
Go away to someplace that you have never been befor, meet some new friends, work and live with them for about a year or two...get to know them and then watch one of them die...NOT GET KILLED, mind you...WATCH THEM DIE...watch their last breaths leave...watch someone try to save them...watch the tears in their eyes as their mind comes to grips with the fact they are going to die...
The eastern front was a pretty brutal place huh?
I wasnt there and could never try to grasp what it would be like to be anywhere in any war from anyone's perspective...I can say that i have been in some pretty 'brutal' ****. I dont know if you have ever stepped away from your homework and outside your house just to have bulletfire come at you.
Im sorry but
HOW DARE YOU!
You dont know what its like...and you shouldnt because it sounds like your too young...
The bond that is made with people you live with and work with in that kind of setting cant be expressed in words...its like a brotherhood.
Do you think that the people who fight wars Want to be there?
Anyone who tells you that they want to be in war is BS'n you and BS;n themsels.
Im a sissy?
IM a sissy for going into **** so you dont have to...i dont know how old you are but im gunna guess that you arent even in college yet...just watch what you say about stuff you dont know and for all that is Holy try to have some respect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
lol stfu :rolleyes:

By the way the blood puffs don't always appear due to the FPS system thing. You know how you don't always see the explosion that the panzefaust makes? Sometimes you don't see the explosion because the engine calculates things and it thinks the FPS would take a hit with the panzerfaust explosion so it cuts it out, I believe the same goes with the blood puffs.
Are you talking to me?

Upvote 0
It has been said before, by people more qualified to say it than me, but simply put no.

War is not a game, it isn't some to recreate. If TripWire wants to go that route, they may (and will lose some long-time players over it, I'd hazard a guess) but in my eyes, they have too much respect for the true nature of World War II to think that they could even come close to representing a 'real gore level'.

Upvote 0
Are you talking to me?

taxitalking.jpg

lol internet tough guys crack me up.

Upvote 0
Well put, shadowmoses. I'll just relate one of my experiences from working in a Combat Support Hospital while in Iraq. We pull this soldier who'd been shot in the head (just below the ear) off the medevac chopper and worked our butts off trying to save him. All the meanwhile the medic who first got to him kept saying over and over "I did everything I could for him!" One could tell he was very distraught over what was happening. Anyways, in the midst of all this chaos, the doctor intervenes and in a matter-of-fact way said, "he's not going to get a pulse back. He's dead." With that, silence filled the room, the most eery and torturing silence I've ever felt. Then, of course, his buddies showed up, and of course they couldn't contain their emotions. It's a scene I'll never forget and hopefully never have to experience again.

THAT (and similiar experiences) are why I do not believe RO needs any more gore than it currently has. Call me what you want, I do not care. I have seen the reality of what "real gore" is. You do NOT want to see for yourself.

Upvote 0
That sounds very rough, LukeFF. :(

I think the level of gore / realism is fine as it is. I find that perhaps a few bodies found laying around the maps would add atmosphere, a sense of actually being in a warzone and not just playing a game for score. There are numerous tanks and planes lying around.

That said, I find a special sound for being run over by a tank or the inclusions of the flamethrowers too much.

Upvote 0
I simply don't get you "more gore" guys. I was honestly very surprised to see the retail version step up in violence that harsh as compared to the mod. In the mod you'd have the blood puffs indicating that you hit someone and a blood splat on the wall now and then... THAT'S ALL. And it still was a fine game. If you'd ask the guys who played the mod to make a list of all the improvements from mod to retail, I bet "more gore" would be the last point on that list... or probably not mentioned at all.

Is a game really better for you if the innards of killed enemies come out of their stomachs? Or if they cry and yell in pain if you stab them with a bayonet? You guys disturb me, honestly. Maybe your parents should take the game away from you.

Upvote 0
everyone that is requesting more "brutality" in this game, no matter if "visual- or audiobrutality", has some serious problems.....:rolleyes:

no, serious: this is just a game, not a true to life war-simulation, there`s no need of screaming soldiers on the battlefield, really....
..if you want ppl. screaming for their life , you can play some of the Horror-shooters out there.

Upvote 0
dasKaRmA said:
everyone that is requesting more "brutality" in this game, no matter if "visual- or audiobrutality", has some serious problems.....:rolleyes:

no, serious: this is just a game, not a true to life war-simulation, there`s no need of screaming soldiers on the battlefield, really....
..if you want ppl. screaming for their life , you can play some of the Horror-shooters out there.
Thank you....now can you please close this thread befor someone gets me rambling again...lol
Just hate little kids telln me what war is like when all they know is what they see in video games.

Upvote 0