• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO score system?

If you ask me, you should receive points for taking out a tank. At present you receive the same amount of points for removing one to three infantry from the feild as you do for removing the much larger threat of an enemy tank. This will become an absolute nessecity if the devs impliment a way to knock out a tank without a firery explosion, as they should.

Upvote 0
I'm not saying that all tank kills give you the same amount of points irregaurdless of crew, I'm just suggesting you get a bonus for removing a very large threat to your team. A tank is an armored mini arty strike, with a pair of MG nests on it, a decent crew can sweep an objective clear of infantry, or at the very least keep a position supressed until friendly infantry can move in.

Say light vehicles and tanks worth 1 point+crew, mediums 2+crew, heavies 3+crew.

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
i think the current scoring for taking out a tank is fine...if its got 3 ppl in it you get 3 pts which is good, if its only got 1 person, its not much of a threat so 1 pt is fine.

I love the scoring system, it rewards those who actually try to accomplish the objectives instead of sitting about camping, and it encourages teamwork

exactly. scoring system is perfect as is.

Upvote 0
Only change i'd make is to have the mger start off with full ammo. I think 5 points for pressing a button next to someone just after spawning is a bit daft tbh. Also maybe 1 or 2 points would make more sense because people will still go out of their way to re-arm them but its not over the top as it is atm. Re-arming a guy twice should not = capping an objective. You could say that without arming the guy the objective might not be taken but what about snipers or Rifle men hanging back picking off targets? They are just as important as mgers

Upvote 0
The scoring explained in this thread is mostly for individual scores. Does anyone have any idea how the team scores are calculated throughout the round?

The scores below show 68-80 but the Axis won the round.

round2.jpg

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
exactly. scoring system is perfect as is.

I'll agree that the system is great. IMO, to be perfect you should get 1 point for destroying any enemy vehicle and any walls/obstacle. Sometimes tankers jump out for various reasons. Is destroying this mobile weapon not a big help to your team? Have you ever played on Kessel with sapers who would not perform their job? These things are very helpful to the team and deserve at least 1 point.

Upvote 0
BoltActionJackson said:
I'll agree that the system is great. IMO, to be perfect you should get 1 point for destroying any enemy vehicle and any walls/obstacle.

Remember it's often beneficial to NOT destroy the enemy infantry vehicles. That way the enemy doesn't get them back at their spawn so soon and enemy infantry is left without a ride when they spawn. Poor bastards are forced to walk. heheh
Don't do the enemy any favors by blowing up their empty vehicles.
Destroying enemy vehicles is often doing a real disservice to your own team and rightly isn't worth any points.

I always park my vehicle where it's sure to get destroyed so that my comrades at team spawn will have some wheels asap.

Upvote 0