• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank riding (Merged a gazillion times use search FFS!)

From a Realistic Historic Aspect.

Riding on tanks was done early in the war on the russian side so that Red infantry could take out anti tank postions like PAK 38 and 88's.

But as most of these postions where also supported by MG..the Soldiers on the tank quickly learnt it was a very quick way to get Killed...extremely infact.

They even used to get drunk on Vodka before even undertaking such tasks like jumping on a tank and riding it into combat.

Remeber the soldiers where not on the tanks to confront infantry...only to knock out Anti tank Gunners in there postions.

As the war prgressed this was barely ever done if at all.

Prehaps riding on Takes in the form of a colum to a Staging area (which you already start off in)..yes most likely they did ride the tanks in that case.

Tank riding into battle is extremely stupid and dangerous.

But yes...you should be able to do it bcause you can...but there should be some Penalties for it when being targeted by Ammuntion fire SMG, Rifle MG.

Upvote 0
Cluase Von Wittybrain said:
Tank riding into battle is extremely stupid and dangerous.

But yes...you should be able to do it bcause you can...but there should be some Penalties for it when being targeted by Ammuntion fire SMG, Rifle MG.

Just imagine the affect you could have on a game or a clan match if you could take out between 5-10 players in one go. The stakes would be high and ppl would soon become cautious.

I guess my question would be: what impact would a shell hitting a tank have on infantry riding on the tank whether penetrating or not? More interested in the 'not' though. :)

Upvote 0
Scoobin said:
Just imagine the affect you could have on a game or a clan match if you could take out between 5-10 players in one go. The stakes would be high and ppl would soon become cautious.

I guess my question would be: what impact would a shell hitting a tank have on infantry riding on the tank whether penetrating or not? More interested in the 'not' though. :)

Yes it would interesting. And if pulled off well..could cause some all of a sudden close up group fire fights backed up by tanks MG..id like that to see that.

As for shells hiting tanks...I cant even kill someone with the AP round shot at there feet!! I imagine every one would fall off the tank with ear aches?

Upvote 0
Ability for inf. to sit on tanks and travel inside the hull

Ability for inf. to sit on tanks and travel inside the hull

Well, we all know that infantry was very commonly riding on the back of the tank when entering the combat zone, before engaging the enemy. On RO it is possible to jump on tanks, but it requires a lot of work, instead of just having a few extra "seats" on the tank, so you would be able to sit on tanks by just "entering" it. Altough, I'm not sure whether it would be possible to make happen, for the tanks are only useable by the Tank Crew -classes (Panzerf

Upvote 0
Hm... I don't believe a Tiger commander in combat situation would allow infantry to sit in... not to mention allow them to open the turret to jump out!

But "traveling" outside was surely not uncommon, as seen in lots of pics, no matter which army. What happen if a shell hits? Er... probably not much more damage as if they're hit by a shell anywhere while camping, i.e. :D

One thing I would appreciate is that the mates riding a SdKfz 251 are able to shoot from inside, what they surely did! A second MG in the rear would also be fine (or, at least, if a MG-Sch

Upvote 0
I thought about this lots of times before, in the maps that are really huge and maybe the only way to go is taking that transports that everybody can drive.
If youdont have any nearby because they are being used in the front, a great way to go to the front is sitting on the tanks, but allways outside.. because this was common for the infantery..... just 3 or 4 extra seats outside, accesible the same way as for the people that drives them inside.. just hitting the action button....

I think is a great idea ;)

Upvote 0