• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Few Art Suggestions

Athena said:
You got to be kidding right?

have a look at this picture and tell me how many of them have blonde hair?

151g6dz.jpg

right...this aryan thing is simply non-sense.

That looks like a picture of old Home Guardsmen. Thats one of the most rag tag pictures of German soldiers ive ever seen. That picture was also from a retreat which was probably late in the war which meant that those guys were scrounged from the bottom of the German War Machine. Hence they do not represent your average german soldier. There should be some guys that look more like this:

gutjhar.jpg

wehrmacht42.jpg

si139.sized.jpg

alk.jpg

aky.jpg

Polygon said:
Thank you, finally someone looks beyond propaganda and turns towards reality.

Did you miss the part where I said I know they dont all look Aryan?

I understand you didnt want to play into the ideology. Its more realistic to have the majority not look Aryan because it really was like that. But as I said, I dont think any look Aryan. You guys are getting stuck up on blonde hair. That was only an example.

Also Polygon, Im sorry for going on a little outburst but I really took that as you just ignoring history to avoid controversy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. Make it a option. Low priority

2. Pretty up the animations first. High priority

3. See number 2 (a little swaying of the sleeves would make it less like "concrete"). High priority

4. I agree, a first person option where you pull it out and look at it would be KICK ASS. Low priority

5. Easily fixed. Medium priority

6. Yes it really weird to see the dead bodies head keep bouncing till it disapears, but there should be 1 bounce for when it hits the ground. High priority (it could be medium but it does take away from realism, so its a important fix/change)

7. Meh, it doesn't bother me if they are in or not. Low priority.

Upvote 0
Munk Polkadot said:
Sighthoods? Blonde Germs? Wow you guys are so picky! Just enjoy the game!:)
Don't you think Tripwire have more important things to do?

Considering that rifleman spend most of their time looking down the sights, sighthoods are a big factor.

I do enjoy the game extremely but Im always looking for things to make it better and these fixes are relatively easy.

Upvote 0
Amerikaner, you say that the "rag-tag" soldiers are "late-war"

notice that they are ALL wearing jackboots ( EARLY WAR ), not a single helmet cover/smock in sight ( EARLY WAR ), every single tunic is an early war variant! you also mention that they're scrounged from the bottom of the barrel, none of them look like 17 year old boys or 65 year old men

everything points to early war, this looks like a photo that was taken in 1941 and the soldiers look just fine to me, you call them rag tag as to expect an "aryan" super soldier snazzy look to them. They look like they've been in the field for a while, not like they're brand new SS unit, newly equipped, no training, never seen combat so they look like they're ready for a parade (but they have blonde hair!!! ).

and then every single photo that you post contains German soldiers that look NOTHING like your "ideal Aryan soldat"

Upvote 0
Blonde men are definantly not in the majority anywhere in the world. But I'm assuming that the SS would have recruited most of the blonde hair blue eyed aryan men, because the SS were the elite, and the typical aryan was seen as elite as well.

In any game I play I like to have a character that looks the most like me, it sort of helps me get into the game. If there was a blonde hair blue eyed man in the game I could feel as if I were actually him. I remember for Operation Flashpoint you could make custom faces for your person, I scanned in a picture of me and put my face on my soldier so I could feel a little bit more attachment to my character.

Upvote 0