• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone else LOVE the Odessa map?

DieFledermaus

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2006
I have had my most fun so far trying to take the Tower in Odessa. But I also like the firing on advancing Russians from those fancy apartments with the broken out windows, etc. So many tense moments with close contact, enemy just around the corner!

I haven't seen a new map I disliked, which says a lot, as many of the Mod maps I was sick to death of.

I could never see that Berlin map for 100 years and die a happy man. And now with Konigsplatz I won't have to! :D I keep being German on that though so it is a long slow trail of tears.

The airfield map is also really great.

I haven't seen Arad yet. I will spend some time on that tonight, in just about two hours from now in fact. :cool:

the map with trenches you mean is called basovka =)
i was about to mention that map before i read all of the posts :p
love it, as german, i really do:p throw nades in, and charge and bayo what you can find :D
if you do it together, soviets will be overwhelmed :D
or as commander calling in arty on the soviets with their own damn radio :D
for soviets its a bit harder though, cuz all the gerries are crawling through the grass ( wich i really love by the way, grass, grainfields and bushes look superb! :rolleyes: )
and get sniped a lot by the sneaky bastards out in the field :p
i also love StalingradKessel ( still do, actually ^^ ) and Kaukasus, allthough it seems a bit harder to hide from the enemy now, its harder to blend into your surroundings then it used to be

i dont like the tank maps though, but thats just my taste, i'm an infantry purist ^^
not that hard to imagine, since i'm joining mechanised infantry in 2 weeks time ^^
43rd MechBat, Havelte, Netherlands ^^

Upvote 0
Hmmm, so far, I like Odessa the least. At least when I was on, it seemed empty and boring. But then again, I'm not really excited by city fighting...it breaks up the action too much into small tense battles (not that theres anything wrong with liking that, just not my cuppa tea). I like tha frontal assault maps where you can see your team having to work towards your objective...

So far, Konigsplatz and Barovka (the train station and trenches map) are my fave. This is the winning formula for ROOst map design. Beautiful, absolutely awesome maps. This design of narrow but deep maps really makes for awesome teamwork and firefights. It keeps the teams close enough across the narrow front that it creates tension, but still allowsfor maneuver room and tactical options.

The fight over the trenches and the assault into the trainstation are really fun.

I will say the artillery gets alittle old after a while...and I don't think most barrages were used in that close of contact (though it could be mortars, but mortars don't make any noise until they 'splode)...

Too many people nuking their own team, but hopefully that will settle down after some time.

I will have to check out Odessa again...

Upvote 0
I like the map with the 4 farmhouses the best (Hedgehog?)

Its a good sized map where vehicles and infantry can work side by side effectively. Its fun for the vehicles and its fun for the soldiers, unlike the tank only maps, which are just jog/get machinegunned fests when you play infantry.

Also its awesome laying siege to the occupied houses with a tank and 4 or 5 guys. It really captures the feeling of a battle. Konigsplazt(sp?) is a great map too.

Upvote 0