• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Body collision

Body collision

• We should have body collision at all times.

Votes: 142 49.0%
  • We should have body collision outside spawn areas (no body collsion inside spawn areas).

Votes: 89 30.7%
  • No body collision at all times, it works out better that way.

Votes: 59 20.3%

• Total voters
While I understand TWI's initial action for implementing the way collision currently works, it doesn't translate very well at all in the playing field.

Especially cases when there are one, two or more players who decide to post and/or mantle at the windows you're in and totally disregard the barrel of your weapon simply because they can go right through it in a matter akin to a ghost.

Some compromise has to be made here, or just remove the non-collision mechanic completely.

Upvote 0
How do you block a poll? (Actually I have no idea what it is you are trying to say).

"blocking the pool" is basicaly a stupid tactic to mess with people when you are inside of a building. It blocks friendly player movement. You stand in a opening where the door would be and block it. If the exit is in two ways you just get somebody else to block the other door and trapping friendly players inside a room. You are basicaly the door in this funnies, but this door doesnt open and eventualy people start to get angry and rage over mic and tk you, you not forgive them, they get kicked or banned for griefing, then hell maybe even you get kicked or banned for griefing.

Man, typing this really makes it look bad and I dont see a proper solution to body collision now ;/

Upvote 0
I didn't vote because there is no option for "soft" or "hard"(full) body collision, or even collision with push, which I think is a valid issue in this concern. Soft collision allows some wiggle room and would be the happy medium between the realism and grief-prevention concerns. Collision with push would be similar. Soft collision would usually allow you to get by the player standing in the doorway and would be my ideal choice, but since I don't know whether you're talking about full/hard collision or partial/soft, I couldn't vote with conscience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm surprised no-one mentioned it yet in this thread, but the bots are an important consideration. Bots are frustrating enough (especially on servers that choose to run far too many of them) as it is, and I wouldn't want collision changes that would make that problem worse. I really don't know which way would be better.

Argument for collision: It stops the bots (effectively really dumb players) from running through you and blocking your shot.

Argument against collision: Bots run right in front of you and then they either stop, run backwards, or do some absurd cover system silliness that keeps them in your way.
It's lose-lose...

Upvote 0
Yes, I am to be blamed for not including the "soft collision" option, as I had not thought of it (not having, to the extent of my knowledge, encountered such a solution previously; I knew that not playing TF2 would come back to haunt me some day.). I apologise for this mistake, which I am unable to rectify.

Upvote 0
"blocking the pool" is basicaly a stupid tactic to mess with people when you are inside of a building. It blocks friendly player movement. You stand in a opening where the door would be and block it. If the exit is in two ways you just get somebody else to block the other door and trapping friendly players inside a room. You are basicaly the door in this funnies, but this door doesnt open and eventualy people start to get angry and rage over mic and tk you, you not forgive them, they get kicked or banned for griefing, then hell maybe even you get kicked or banned for griefing.

Man, typing this really makes it look bad and I dont see a proper solution to body collision now ;/

I am a bit surprised that people act like there never was a game with body collision before. There actually was, most games, in fact I've never tried an fps that didn't have body collison before.

Take RO1, it had body collision, and while there were retards that would do this occasionaly it was not a big problem. Especially not on well-adminned servers where these kind of trolls would be out of there in no time.

And regarding bots in Ro1, they were actually quite good at getting out of the way so they wouldn't block doorways or good positions, as they were programmed to move away if a human player tried to move into their spot. Regarding bots going in front of shots, well they do that without body collision, so it is not a valid argument against it.

Upvote 0