• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey guys, Just something to mention.

Dub

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
Hello everyone I don't have a bazillion hours on Killing Floor, But I do have 100 hours played on it, And Got it back in about october, yes.
But see, the thing is... How come I am getting slowly bored of it?
Is it just me? I was in LOVE with the game, but now heres what I need to ask you, Have you guys ever stopped playing for a while, And came back to it again one day and are playing it still?
Thanks everyone, Dont flame me on this, Just my opinion and am asking you guys to HELP me to find a way back into the fun, awesome, amazing game we call: Killing Floor.
:)

1400 here. Spent an unhealthy amount of time both when I first played, then when I first bought it. For some reason the will to play it never died down with me until a looong time later (partially, I will admit, due to not owning many PC games). A couple of months ago I nearly stopped completely, launching it once a week and playing maybe half of a random game before quitting. However, a friend who's owned Killing Floor for a while decided to give it a real try, started asking me for advice on the new weapons which I didn't have much experience with, so that led to me playing with those and a more serious gamer. Updates help quite a bit in keeping me interested, and I'm back to ~20 hours every couple weeks on steam.

The best advice I can give if you want to feel less monotony, is to try different playstyles and perks you may not be immediately comfortable with. Mutators and custom maps are hugely important, too. Definitely move up in difficulty if you find the game too easy - keep going up until specimens feel faster, dangerous, and require focus to take down. Play socially. Leave a server if it has frustrating/annoying players and find a funner one.

And yes, you will come back to this game after taking a break. You just have to force yourself to give it a shot instead of saying "well, I was bored of this a month ago, I'll be bored with it now".

Reactions: Dub
Upvote 0
1400 here. Spent an unhealthy amount of time both when I first played, then when I first bought it. For some reason the will to play it never died down with me until a looong time later (partially, I will admit, due to not owning many PC games). A couple of months ago I nearly stopped completely, launching it once a week and playing maybe half of a random game before quitting. However, a friend who's owned Killing Floor for a while decided to give it a real try, started asking me for advice on the new weapons which I didn't have much experience with, so that led to me playing with those and a more serious gamer. Updates help quite a bit in keeping me interested, and I'm back to ~20 hours every couple weeks on steam.

The best advice I can give if you want to feel less monotony, is to try different playstyles and perks you may not be immediately comfortable with. Mutators and custom maps are hugely important, too. Definitely move up in difficulty if you find the game too easy - keep going up until specimens feel faster, dangerous, and require focus to take down. Play socially. Leave a server if it has frustrating/annoying players and find a funner one.

And yes, you will come back to this game after taking a break. You just have to force yourself to give it a shot instead of saying "well, I was bored of this a month ago, I'll be bored with it now".
This gives me an Idea, I remember I would always play those servers with like 30 people, And you saying to play a custom map or mode, makes me want to do this! Thanks, also I only have 3 level 3's and no higher. Sharp, Medic, Zerker! :)

Upvote 0
well first when I bought it I played about 300hours. then I left came back and did another 400hours... now this summer I came back again and now have 1750hours total. if you count in my secound account :) I believe 650hours are just for running servers and such so Im at about 1100hours :)

Reactions: Dub
Upvote 0
The real replay value in the game, for me, is in the custom content. Go and play around with the whitelisted maps and you'll find some pretty awesome stuff.

Want to be scared out of your mind? Go play Cassis on Hell On Earth (bring a flashlight!). Want to travel to an awesome location? Go download North Sea and tear up an oilrig full of Zeds. Want to start a war? Play on Vostroya with 30 people. Want to play in a zombie movie location? Download The Hive.

The custom content for this game is what keeps it alive for me when the official content gets old.
I love the description you have there mate +1 ;)

I must admit, this game would of died rather quick if this game wasn't s modded as it is. I think roughly 70-80% of the servers are actually modded in some way. This goes from custom perk systems (ServerPerks) to the antiblockermutator which allows you to walk through each other in trader time, and also the maximum player alteration. It's endless to say what is out there.

Check this place for some mods/mutators:
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63[/URL]

Check these places for maps:
Finals - [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90[/URL]
Alphas/Betas - [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89[/URL]

Just take a look and see what fun you can have. :)

Upvote 0
True, additional community made content, as well as some event updates, are what keep the game alive. I have added to my map list more than 40 additional whitelisted maps that i liked and kept, as well as some new specimens like the Brute who is whitelisted too and hope new will become whitelisted in the future. Gratz to the modders who help us keep playing the game more!

Reactions: FluX
Upvote 0