• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New map for testing

Pretty sure this problem does still exist :( Tanks are also disabled on my regular servers too, and I haven't played many rounds at all with tanks present. I don't tank myself, but it's definitely nice to have them on the battlefield.

Oh having a working system with the tanks on a good combined arms map can be really run. In RO Ost, some of the combined arms maps were just a blast. And ogledow was no exception. It was a pretty fun map. But witht he infantry running around, it will be sooooo sooo easy for some lug head to just plop a tank in a good spot and let the aimbot computer shoot at infantry trying to maneuver. I think this would be an issue with any map the community makes that includes combined arms. Either we have to just deal with the lameness of having bots in the game that can kill, or we have to find some way to fix that aspect. I don't know if that is something TWI is considering or not... but the last I heard, the rumor was that one of the higher up devs refused to take it out of the game because of how much time they sunk into putting it into the game. Le sigh.

My stupid spelling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@OP I believe that's over your skills, but is there option to add tanks with MG AI Gunner disabled? That's one of the RO2 features that will ruin your great Ogledov map massively.

I don't know if that is something TWI is considering or not... but the last I heard, the rumor was that one of the higher up devs refused to take it out of the game because of how much time they sinked into putting it into the game. Le sigh.

and admins have disabled tanks on 70-80% of game servers. Such waste of work made by one TWI's designers team decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: CopperHead
Upvote 0
I think by missing tanks that the ai drops dead...:confused:

I can test this by removing the tankers. I'll try it.

@OP I believe that's over your skills, but is there option to add tanks with MG AI Gunner disabled? That's one of the RO2 features that will ruin your great Ogledov map massively.

I'll dig around in the SDK and see if that's possible in mapping.

Upvote 0
I don't know if that is something TWI is considering or not... but the last I heard, the rumor was that one of the higher up devs refused to take it out of the game because of how much time they sinked into putting it into the game. Le sigh.

I'm personally hoping that IS just a rumour, and completely unfounded. It does sound like the kind of thing a player would accuse TWI of :) If it IS true, I'd like to take that "higher up dev" outside and have a damn good "talk" to them. Terrible decision to leave that crap in - completely ruining a major selling point of the RO games since RO:CA. It really needs to be fixed, or removed entirely. Quite why the aimbot gunner doesn't follow the normal rules that the general infantry AI is following, I really don't understand :)

Upvote 0
Aha! Opinion=trolling. EUREKA

You're so stupid (partly for the -1 you gave me) xD

I didn't actually. I'm gonna hit it now, because posts like this deserve it.

You can't say his claim wasn't troll-ish. "Any RO1 map is better than any RO2 map". I mean, really? There were some really ****ty RO1 maps too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you disable bots on a per-map basis on a server? This map is designed for combined arms, and I am loathe to remove tanks from it.

Yes you can limit/disable infantry bots, but the tank bots cannot be removed, they are part of the tank system.
But rather than remove the bots from the tank,would it be possible/easier to give them an empty gun, so they can waggle it about as much as they like,but its always out of ammo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm personally hoping that IS just a rumour, and completely unfounded. It does sound like the kind of thing a player would accuse TWI of :) If it IS true, I'd like to take that "higher up dev" outside and have a damn good "talk" to them. Terrible decision to leave that crap in - completely ruining a major selling point of the RO games since RO:CA. It really needs to be fixed, or removed entirely. Quite why the aimbot gunner doesn't follow the normal rules that the general infantry AI is following, I really don't understand :)

Yeah. Like I said. I don't know it for a fact. I heard something like that when the game first came out, and it was blatantly obvious the game was broken. Back then.... when there actually WERE servers that had tanks, the aimbot mg would shoot through smoke. Supposedly they patched it to where it wouldn't, but it still did. And it is still a really really terrible feature. It would be really great if they could just remove the bot s in the tanks ability to fire all together. Or make it so that the player has to be in the commander position and mark out all the targets that the bot can then shoot at. I dunno. But the current bot system blows. In my opinion. (most of the communities opinion evidently too)

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ahhhh,..... whats the pw? :p
I am realy excited!
Thank you SixTen for this,... will see you on Ogledow!
hx3_whoohoo.gif

Upvote 0