• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Post your Grief Moments:

So, if you bought RO3 and only after playing found out they included dinossaurs and laser guns you would just "deal with it"? I know my example is over the top, but for some people there isn't much ifference between dinossaurs and arcade gameplay. It's like what happened to the BiA franchise with that Furious Four or whatever it's called.

An TWI did promise us the realism fans would have nothing to worry about, but they've always tried to hide the difference between realism and relaxed realism. And you are the one in the minority, because only a few people are playing the game right now, and the game appeals neither to arcade fans nor realism fans, so what's left is just a few people that either don't know what they like or don't care about arcade and realism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please dont quote me out of context.
I know they changed the Formula, It is people like you who cant get it it through there heads that this is not RO1.... it is RO2 ... a diffrent monster all together. it is not RO1 with better graphics and some extra features you would have liked on RO1.

It is RO2 based around some of the key concepts in RO1 and improved.

Im not the one in denial...you and nezzar are.

you should accept that: They changed the formula

I already knew they had when i saw the videos months ago it would be a diffrent game... there where videos ffs. you should have been prepared along time ago instead of thinking this was RO1 in a new suit.

In your opnion... completly based on nothing... strawman.

So how is it not a spritual sequal? it keeps some of the basic prinples of the first one:
Iron sights
Cap zones
Historicity
Combined arms
Weapon loading

And on top of that... it is not a carbon copy.

So you want the game to be the same..... but you want it to be a new tactical shooter on the table? :confused:

I never mentioned a player drop. I feel the player drop is more due to lack of content. pure and simple. Coupled with all the glitches and ****ty single player.
I think the game will get better... but will never recover because of this.

People like single player.

The game at its core is great... just lacks polish and content. (by content better singleplayer, online campaign, more maps etc... things that **** me are not having autoselect on team selection...used to be in the old one... such a simple thing...id even like it extended that there be auto select on the role selection too.

It is only the vets who leaver because they dont like that it is not the same as Ro1. that simple... they are the minority.... a new batch of ROS fans will rise and the old Ro1ers can keep playing DH. dosnt bother me.

I guess Nazzer answered a lot of my thoughts..

When it comes to the name red orchestra that was used for marketing reasons. That's not an opinion. It's a fact. Because TWI need money to survive. Fact. Changing the name would affect the sales because the name means something. Fact. That's the whole thing with marketing. If you bought the name COD you could create a completely useless crap game and release it, and still gain hundreds of millions because most people would buy it because of the name. The whole reason why Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising (yes - i like this example) sold 1.2 million copies was because of the name. Not because it was good. it was the arma community that was behind the sales aswell as hopefull console users starving for a tactical shooter. Then, when red river was released, it struggled to sell 100,000 copies in the EU, because 80% of the community realized it was all bull****. So it was canned. So you're wrong. The name means a lot.

Besides, people consider MP more important than SP. So don't blame the terrible SP on people reception of the game or ''lack of content''. Why else do you think the most successfull shooters are MP based games? Why do you think most shooters have MP? Companies copy what's been successfull. Singleplayer is just a short term solution while MP keep games alive nowdays.

And people doesn't just leave this game because it isn't like RO1. You've got one audience - the roosters - who left it because it's not a spiritual sequel to RO OST. Just because there is iron sights (like in most games), and cap zones (like in most games) and combined arms (like in battlefield 3, arma, ofp etc.) and weapon loadouts (like in every generic FPS) doesn't make it to a spiritual sequel. That's a quite weird assumption. What makes it to a spiritual sequel is the formula itself, the style of play, and how the game works. RO2 is a arcadegame compared to RO OST.

By the way, this game failed to appeal to the old RO players. It failed to appeal to the arma community which is really big when you speak about niche communities. It also failed to appeal to the dissolved flashpoint community. But not only that, it failed to appeal to the whole damn mainstream. This game tried to appeal to basicly everyone and failed at this. The only people who are left are the minority - which you're a part of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My grief moments are when people with mics love their voice too much.

"Wow man dude did you see that cool death man bro like yeah man"
"Hehe, wow man welcome back. Haven't seen you awhile. Cool kill"
"Yeah man, completely like suprising wow dude"
"Oh crap I died again"
"Oh me too, guess I die too often hehe"
"There's a cool sci-fi book about aliens on stores now by the way"
"Wow man! Why I keep dying so much?"

If you need to share your feelings, write a blog or go to chat roulette, please don't do it in RO2. Luckily, this doesn't happen very often.

Reactions: MtnMan01
Upvote 0

"Oh crap I died again"

If you need to share your feelings, write a blog or go to chat roulette, please don't do it in RO2. Luckily, this doesn't happen very often.

Give it time, more people will come along from time to time to turn the game into a chat room.

The thing I hate the most are the people coming onto the server saying they want to get some achievement and want someone to stand around for them to do whatever it is they need to do.... and then continually whine over the mic about nobody helping them out with this and just go on and on the whole time, begging people to help them out.

Or you'll get the players who just start going on about their day or try and debate with other players about some other game and why they like it or hate it..... just flooding the mic channel with useless crap, drowning out everything else going on in the game.

Time to Mute..... oh wait, how do you mute specific players in RO2? I haven't done that yet to know.

Upvote 0

"Oh crap I died again"

What annoys me even more is a guy coaching on the voice in a very irritable way.
"Guys, you're not going to win this round if you sit and shoot. Get off your lazy asses and rush into the cap zone."
At the same time, this guy is carrying an automatic and has less capture points than I do with a bolt action.
And when I do work myself into the capzone, I get tked lol
And at the same time, there is the pressure of lockdown. I just refused to abide by the lockdown rules. If we lose, so be it.

Upvote 0
So, if you bought RO3 and only after playing found out they included dinossaurs and laser guns you would just "deal with it"?

How does that even relate?

What was in RO2 that ended up as a surprise to you & had no idea was going to be in the game or changed in the game? Name me one single thing and I bet I can find several examples of when the devs clearly explained what to expect before you got your hands on the game.

With all the interviews, with all the posts in here, with all the video footage, screen shots, step by step explanations on what was going to be in RO2 and what would be added later..... there is absolutely no excuse or justification to try and act like you didn't know what to expect in RO2, because all of the information is laid out for you to look at in these forums, the steam forums, youtube and google.

The only reason why you might have ended up surprised about what was in or not in RO2 would be because you didn't bother to look up that information and went in blind with your own expectations of what RO2 would be.

That isn't Tripwire lying or misleading you.... that's you not bothering to pay attention and look at the available information & blaming Tripwire for your own let down in expectations.

The things that didn't make the release were clearly explained by the devs before the release and we've been told that they will be added into the game when they are ready.

Down vote this post all you guys want, but that's the reality of the situation.

If I was going to buy RO3, I'd do exactly what I did with RO2.... I would look at all the interviews and posts in here about what to expect, I would look at video game play footage, screen shots, etc.... RO2 is exactly what I was expecting RO2 to be, because I did my home work before hand to know what I was getting into.

And if I could do that and know what to expect, everybody and their dog could do the exact same thing. It's not like I had access to confidential information on RO2 that nobody else did, so there's no excuse.

I know my example is over the top, but for some people there isn't much ifference between dinossaurs and arcade gameplay. It's like what happened to the BiA franchise with that Furious Four or whatever it's called.

An TWI did promise us the realism fans would have nothing to worry about, but they've always tried to hide the difference between realism and relaxed realism. And you are the one in the minority, because only a few people are playing the game right now, and the game appeals neither to arcade fans nor realism fans,

The lack of players or the player count can be from all kinds of different reasons and are not attributed to one single factor, so don't try and act like it is only one factor.

Lack of content, performance issues, other games being released, and yes.... the game might not have been what some were expecting, but you can't say the lack of players in RO2 is completely because of players being upset that it's not as Realistic as they were expecting.

Besides your own personal experience and reasons & anybody else who openly admits the same reasons in here, you have no other evidence to back up your claims.... so you can't say 2-5 members in these forums make up the majority of the community and your views are what everybody else has.... nobody can take that seriously.

so what's left is just a few people that either don't know what they like or don't care about arcade and realism.

You don't speak for me, you don't know me and you don't know anybody else in here, let alone their reasons why they like or don't like something, so don't bother starting.

I know exactly what I like.... I liked the Mod, I didn't care for RO1 and I like RO2.... I'm not some hardcore ay'nal realism nut, nor am I some super arcade shooter lover.... I prefer a balance between the two, because Red Orchestra is not a Simulator and it's not a full on action arcade shooter.... Red Orchestra has always been a balance between the two and sometimes that balance sways more one way than the other, but remains holding elements from both.

The Mod was far more realistic than other shooters at the time, yet it still had action and a bit of arcade to it..... RO1 swayed a bit more towards realism than the mod did, while RO2 swayed back towards where the Mod began.

You and others like you liked the level of "realism" in RO1.... I didn't, because I felt it wasn't anywhere near Realistic and many of the elements changed in RO1 from the Mod were fake and exaggerated, which is why I didn't care for RO1 so much. RO1 in many elements felt more fake than the Mod did and RO2, in my personal view (I won't even try to speak for others like some try to do in here) RO2 is far more realistic than RO1.

The Term "Realism" in regards to video games is extremely subjective to each individual, and people can parrot on and on about how they're an RO1 Vet or an RO Mod Vet all they please.... they can spout off all the hours they played this game or that, none of it makes a difference and none of it makes you more qualified to dictate how things should be..... You're expressing your personal opinion and the things you personally like, just like I and everybody else does.... your view is not absolute and neither is mine.

Que the down votes from the usual suspects......

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with you Nezzer, don't worry.
I'm sure when Red Orchestra 5: Nazi Time Machine rolls around, as long as dinosaurs and laser guns are clearly specified in the dev interview, there will be people willing to buy it.
I won't.

In the mean time, we just have to suck it up and play this game that devs have their heart on not changing. No big deal. I paid 30 dollars for food for thought next time I buy any products.

Upvote 0
running an gunning out of context to the tactical situation is what griefs me. I have no problem if it is a do or die situation to hip shoot. I always try and aim and shoot even when on the run.

Same here... my first response in every situation is to crouch and iron sight, which has been something ground into my brain since the mod, but if I turn and someone is right next to me ready to kill me, I'll try and hip shoot them.

The thing about people who just run around hip shooting is that they'll waste more of their ammo in doing this and if they even survive long enough, they'll run out of ammo and have to find an ammo cache or pick up another weapon which probably won't give them the same effect..... I imagine that hip shooters end up dying more than they would if they used their brain and took proper aim and proper time to use tactics.

I've seen a few players running around hip shooting, and they're usually off in the distance attacking others on my team.... I notice them because they draw a crap load of attention to themselves, then they drop when I drive a round into their chest.

My rule of thumb is that run & gunners are extremely easy to spot on the map compared to those who keep their heads down and take careful aim, and thus, if I can easily spot them, others on my team can as well, thus they're going to get shot up more than others on their team who keep their heads down.

In other words, they don't help their team at all and just someone who drops their team's tickets down faster.

Can't say I've been dominated or constantly attacked by runners..... they usually don't make it close enough to cause me trouble. :cool:

The guy who runs around in the open and making all sorts of commotion is going to be my first target cuz they're easy..... I generally go for the easy targets first as it's one less enemy my team has to deal with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those hip shooters who just run and gun are so easy to butt stroke or stab with a bayonet usually. I remember one fella who was running around rambo style on Barracks with a MG34. I just waited till he came down the hall spraying everywhere and stabbed him in the head as he came into view. Bayonet always wins!!!!!

Who says you don't bring a knife to a gun fight? :cool:

Upvote 0
How does that even relate?

What was in RO2 that ended up as a surprise to you & had no idea was going to be in the game or changed in the game? Name me one single thing and I bet I can find several examples of when the devs clearly explained what to expect before you got your hands on the game.

With all the interviews, with all the posts in here, with all the video footage, screen shots, step by step explanations on what was going to be in RO2 and what would be added later..... there is absolutely no excuse or justification to try and act like you didn't know what to expect in RO2, because all of the information is laid out for you to look at in these forums, the steam forums, youtube and google.

The only reason why you might have ended up surprised about what was in or not in RO2 would be because you didn't bother to look up that information and went in blind with your own expectations of what RO2 would be.

That isn't Tripwire lying or misleading you.... that's you not bothering to pay attention and look at the available information & blaming Tripwire for your own let down in expectations.

Tripwire did do a good job to inform people but the fact is that it wasn't enough. They did leave out certain aspects. They told what just enough to make people intrested in the game. Tripwire told us that RO2 would be more accessible for new players and they gave details about that. But they never told anyone about the new implemented twitchy movements, the superior unlocks, the lockdown timer, the simplified weapon handling - all this was forced upon every single player. TWI made it out like this was something that was optional which it isn't.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were afriad that a proper Hardcore mode would scare new players off due to the fact that most servers would and is run at hardcore mode.

The things that didn't make the release were clearly explained by the devs before the release and we've been told that they will be added into the game when they are ready.

Down vote this post all you guys want, but that's the reality of the situation.

If I was going to buy RO3, I'd do exactly what I did with RO2.... I would look at all the interviews and posts in here about what to expect, I would look at video game play footage, screen shots, etc.... RO2 is exactly what I was expecting RO2 to be, because I did my home work before hand to know what I was getting into.

And if I could do that and know what to expect, everybody and their dog could do the exact same thing. It's not like I had access to confidential information on RO2 that nobody else did, so there's no excuse.

I actually didn't expect RO2 to be another tactical shooter that implements accessibility - which always automaticly removes it's potential to be a tactical shooter. I also expected it to be a spiritual sequel to RO OST. I also expected that there would be a proper hardcore mode. None of this was found in the game.

The lack of players or the player count can be from all kinds of different reasons and are not attributed to one single factor, so don't try and act like it is only one factor.

Lack of content, performance issues, other games being released, and yes.... the game might not have been what some were expecting, but you can't say the lack of players in RO2 is completely because of players being upset that it's not as Realistic as they were expecting.

Besides your own personal experience and reasons & anybody else who openly admits the same reasons in here, you have no other evidence to back up your claims.... so you can't say 2-5 members in these forums make up the majority of the community and your views are what everybody else has.... nobody can take that seriously.

As you said the player drop is not due to one reason. It's mainly because people think that the game is rubbish, that it's boring, so they stop playing it. That's just a fact. People play what they like. This game doesn't appeal to the mainstream that's just it. As I said before, BF3 and COD is superior, and RO2 is a joke in the arcade community.

This game tries to appeal to everyone; the roosters, the arma community, the COD/BF community.. it doen't appeal to many people otherwise more people would be playing it. What's left is a new, smaller niche audience consisting of people that like the game.

Regarding ''lack of content'' I don't know what you mean. You need a lot off ''lack of content'' in order to make players dump the game the first and second weeks after release. Especially if it is a MP based game.

Blaming other games, which I guess is BF/COD, is partly true. As I said, RO2 is a joke compared to these games. COD is more unrealistic, got more perks, is more fast paced and accessible. No need for more details. But the fact is that the whole arma community is out there. These people like realism. The Roosters is out there aswell. But they're not playing it, either because they can't of performance issues, or simply because they don't enjoy the game.

You don't speak for me, you don't know me and you don't know anybody else in here, let alone their reasons why they like or don't like something, so don't bother starting.

The Mod was far more realistic than other shooters at the time, yet it still had action and a bit of arcade to it..... RO1 swayed a bit more towards realism than the mod did, while RO2 swayed back towards where the Mod began.

You and others like you liked the level of "realism" in RO1.... I didn't, because I felt it wasn't anywhere near Realistic and many of the elements changed in RO1 from the Mod were fake and exaggerated, which is why I didn't care for RO1 so much. RO1 in many elements felt more fake than the Mod did and RO2, in my personal view (I won't even try to speak for others like some try to do in here) RO2 is far more realistic than RO1.

The Term "Realism" in regards to video games is extremely subjective to each individual, and people can parrot on and on about how they're an RO1 Vet or an RO Mod Vet all they please.... they can spout off all the hours they played this game or that, none of it makes a difference and none of it makes you more qualified to dictate how things should be..... You're expressing your personal opinion and the things you personally like, just like I and everybody else does.... your view is not absolute and neither is mine.

Que the down votes from the usual suspects......

Well, here I can simply say that you're wrong. Besides, you say that RO1 is LESS realistic than RO2, but you never say WHY. Whatsoever, this statement is wrong. Just because you consider RO2 more FUN doesn't make it more realistic.

RO1 is far more realistic than RO2. That's why it is more accessible than RO1. There is a ton more arcade features added to RO2 aswell. With arcade, I mean features that are there to simplify the gameplay and focus it more on entertainment. Just to mentioned a few features:

Lockdowntimer (arcade)
Perks (arcade)
Unlocks (arcade)
Skillpoints (arcade)
Tactical view (arcade)
Twitchy movements (arcade)
Quickaiming (arcade)
Simplified weaponhandling (arcade)
Minimap with radar (arcade)
Quick bandaging (arcade)

RO1 had less of these features. It was less forgiving. Realize that RO2 was made to be MORE ACCESSIBLE AND NOT MORE REALISTIC. I don't why some people don't get this. FUN DOESNT EQUALS REALISM. It's completely irrelevant. It doesnt matter how much better you think RO2, is or if think It's more fun than RO1, the game have made no noticable steps to be called MORE REALISTIC than RO ost.

And yes, someone who have played RO1 (which is by fact more realistic than RO2) and someone who spends a lot of time with tactical shooters, and combat sims like arma, are by fact a lot more qualified in tactical shooters and the realism regarding it than someone who doesnt.

''A tactical shooter is a subgenre of shooter game that includes both first-person shooters and third-person shooters. These games typically simulate realistic combat, thus making tactics and caution more important than quick reflexes in other action games. Tactical shooters involving military combat are sometimes known as "soldier sims".[1][2][3]''

Tactical shooters are designed for realism.[4] It is not unusual for players to be killed with a single bullet,[5] and thus players must be more cautious than in other shooter games.[4] The emphasis is on realistic modeling of weapons,[6] and power-ups are often more limited than in other action games.[7] This restrains the individual heroism seen in other shooter games, and thus tactics become more important.[8][9][10] Overall, the style of play is typically slower than other action games.[11] Jumping techniques are sometimes de-emphasized in order to promote realism,[12] with some games going so far as to omit a jump button.[13] In contrast to games that emphasize running and shooting, tactical shooters require more caution and patience,[14] and games are sometimes designed so that shooting becomes inaccurate while running.[15] Some tactical shooters lack the crosshair seen in other first-person shooters, in order to achieve a high degree of realism.[16]
[...]
Team-based tactics are emphasized more than other shooter games, and thus accurate aiming and quick reflexes are not always sufficient for victory.[18]''

Put this all together and compare RO1 with RO2 and you will see the diffrence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Praxius, the whole marketing campaign of TWI involved only relaxed realism and kept us in the dark about hardcore realism, discussing specifics about the difference between the modes only after the beta was out. Relaxed realism is like what I expected it to be, but they used to tell us that relaxed would serve only as an entrance to the game and that hardcore realism would be the one directed to the old RO players and the "real" RO mode. They did false promises like saying that the progression and unlocking system would be purely cosmetic and that the MKB and AVT would be really rare.

I don't mind if they keep relaxed realism as it is, but I just want hardcore realism to be as they said it would be with the suggestions realism fans have been giving. It's a win-win situation: arcade fans keep their present mode; realism fans get their tactical realism mode.

By the way, I have already played a bit of the mod (not on it old days though) and IMHO it's 1000x more similar to RO1 than to RO2. I still think you are in the minority of veterans that enjoy the game, because I don't remember any other veteran from the mod this satisfied with the direction the game went. Almost all of the most active members of these forums and basically all the players of the friends and family beta don't like it.

Upvote 0
i had a similar experiance as the op.

was mid evening and my usual servers were full so i tried my hand at a differnet sever, was a full 32 person server. yet on the german side there was an absolute cock (Disco Turkey, yea i name and shame) who kept tking.. hed wait for us to spawn then shoot us in the back, all the while telling us RO2 is "crap and dying".

and well because im a nice guy, i shot him in teh head with my pistol everytime i saw him so he couldnt Tk my team mates, but i couldnt do it all the time as i wanted to play. hed get server kicked for 6 or so tks, then hed just reconnect rejoin our side and carry it on, and as vote kick doesnt work we couldnt do anything about other than kill him before he killed us. so half my team was fighting a "team mate" and teh other trying to play and we just got stream rolled by the entire russian team.

i even told told him, mister level 12 hater, hed propbly enjoy the game if he werent trying to ruin it for everybody else and actualy played teh game, to which i was called a "sad no life ***" so i informed him that my penis is greater and more experianced than his and shot him in the face, then got server kicked for killing him to often, in defence of my team.

that experiance left me sad, so i didnt reconnect and went back to my favourite servers with decent humans in and i was no longer sad and was awesome instead, true story.

Upvote 0
Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I was just told about this losers topic.
A few days ago, I was playing on Pavlov's House. There weren't many players on the map at the time and there were a number of bots. One player was on the Russian team and two people on the German side, myself included.
You can't count or you're just a liar? There was two players on Axis and one on Allies, you joined Axis making it three versus one. Yeah that is so fair idiot. It stayed that way for two rounds. There is no excuse for being so dumb, you get told on the team select screen how many human players there are on each team.

I have seen you do this from day one of this game, probably about 10 to 15 times. You do it because you're so bad that you just want to gain an unfair advantage.

It's been okay cause there's been a lot of players. Now there is very few playing RO2 in Australia this retard behaviour is just driving players away. The player that was on the Allies by himself is new and hasn't been seen since that match. I'm sure that is thanks to your idiot behaviour.

It may not be the best thing to TK when an idiot acts like this, but if retards like this continue to do this to new players in Australia we will never build a decent player base.

Upvote 0