• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Axe and LAR!

Blockbot

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2011
last 2 couple of weeks I tried to promote Axe and LAR! over tons of diffrent public servers. even on several servers I dominated (in terms of kills) the game using a Level 0 firebug equipped with Axe and LAR. but still no one seems to catch up on the fact that:

LEVER ACTION RIFLE AND AXE IS DIRT CHEAP SUPER BADAS S WEAPONS!

so what do you think about the lever action rifle and Axe? is it underrated? or am I overrating this?

Reactions: Eureka and JaspisB
last 2 couple of weeks I tried to promote Axe and LAR! over tons of diffrent public servers. even on several servers I dominated (in terms of kills) the game using a Level 0 firebug equipped with Axe and LAR. but still no one seems to catch up on the fact that:

LEVER ACTION RIFLE AND AXE IS DIRT CHEAP SUPER BADAS S WEAPONS!

so what do you think about the lever action rifle and Axe? is it underrated? or am I overrating this?

Two of the best bang for buck weapons in the game, in the hands of someone half proficient anyway (im still lacking in my axing but my lar is starting to get to a decent level)

Upvote 0
Try to play with only axe and LAR on suicidal and HoE... Anyways add to this katana and u have standard set for zerker, dunno whats so new here. Why would u use firebug? u dont lvl up him this way, u dont have any bonus for axe and LAR.

I think what he's saying is that LAR / Axe are both really good off perk weapons, and that they don't need any kind of damage bonuses to be effective even on Hell on Earth. I would argue that the LAR is the single most versatile weapon in the game and is by far the most "Bang for the buck" of any weapon that you can buy in all of Killing Floor. Some people like to play with a level 0 perk just to see if they can pull it off. I know that Scary_ghost plays Hell on Earth with a level 0 firebug perk for fun at times. The LAR and Axe are probably the 2 weapons that you can pick up and use well on any difficulty with any perk and still be effective. 2 LAR shots will kill a siren or husk on HoE 6 player, while a single LAR shot will kill a crawler in the same difficulty/number of players. What other gun in Killing Floor that's cost effective can 1 shot crawlers? I think that's simply all that Blockbot was saying. Also, from the KF beta, and now, a really good medic loadout is the mp7, LAR and axe. If your team is dead and a medic is left with LAR, and there's scrakes left, a medic can easily shoot 4 LAR headshots, wait a little while, then shoot 4 more (I think it's 8 total off perked LAR to take a 6 man HoE scrake) to take out a scrake effectively.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can totally understand the mix of emotions you must have right now!
jh2.jpg
ht.jpg

song2.jpg
uk.jpg

Upvote 0
You sir aren't being a medic then...medic should rarely kill...

Actually, I am. I heal really well and kill. It's called being a combat medic. Medics should heal, and pull their weight doing kills as well, there is no reason you need to just stand there when no one needs healing. I keep the team heals as a priority, and can hit jumping players at a pretty fair distance. It is a bit of leading, kind of like sniping. As for close range, you can heal all players in a matter of seconds. MP7 unscoped, pop a dart in 2 players, use syringe on 2 more, then by the time that is done, use another dart on the last, then syringe on yourself.

I have over 700K healpoints, so I heal regularly. I also bodyblock raging FP's and scrakes, and have blocked crowds and crouched facing my team, healing, while they shot the stuff behind me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually, I am. I heal really well and kill. It's called being a combat medic. Medics should heal, and pull their weight doing kills as well, there is no reason you need to just stand there when no one needs healing. I keep the team heals as a priority, and can hit jumping players at a pretty fair distance. It is a bit of leading, kind of like sniping. As for close range, you can heal all players in a matter of seconds. MP7 unscoped, pop a dart in 2 players, use syringe on 2 more, then by the time that is done, use another dart on the last, then syringe on yourself.

I have over 700K healpoints, so I heal regularly. I also bodyblock raging FP's and scrakes, and have blocked crowds and crouched facing my team, healing, while they shot the stuff behind me.
I can see your point but I still see you not properly watching your team. If you're killing, you are not watching your teams health. I agree some kills have to be done but more then 50-100 maybe should never be done let alone 400. There is no real meaning to medic in combat medic when it comes to Killing Floor. ;)

Upvote 0
I can see your point but I still see you not properly watching your team. If you're killing, you are not watching your teams health. I agree some kills have to be done but more then 50-100 maybe should never be done let alone 400. There is no real meaning to medic in combat medic when it comes to Killing Floor. ;)

That's the thing though, I an other friends of Rainy's and myself can vouch that he does a great job keeping us fully health and carrying his weight as a killer. It's not hard to kill and keep teammates healthy.

Reactions: Eureka
Upvote 0
That's the thing though, I an other friends of Rainy's and myself can vouch that he does a great job keeping us fully health and carrying his weight as a killer. It's not hard to kill and keep teammates healthy.
Especially if your team is good. I mean, slip-ups happen, and a good Medic's... Healing Per Second? Anti-Damage Per Second? Whatever. Point is that while the Medic is good for those emergencies and keeping the adventurous Berserker healthy 24/7, a Medic can still assist with kills. With a grenande launcher he can create gaps when the team needs a breather. With a LAR he can help with Crawler control. With a crossbow he can kill high-end trash like Sirens and Husks to save the Sharp's ammo.

So, for TL;DR, it's really about how well the team is performing. If they're falling apart at the seams, yeah, chances are that the Medic shouldn't be killing. But if the team is rocking it, there's no reason why the Medic shouldn't be dishing out damage, either.

Upvote 0

Watching my team's health isn't hard. I sit behind everyone, and snipe things with a LAR, mainly crawlers, sirens, and husks. Also, if I can't see everyone, they can call for a medic if needed, and I will do a 360 to see my entire team's health while I am reloading, in case everyone is not in front of me.

I don't know where this idea that a medic shouldn't fight came from. This is kinda related and kinda not, but I was actually a combat medic in the Army. The main thing our instructors stressed was Soldier Medic, meaning we took care of our teammates, but also used a rifle when needed. I carried an M4 in Iraq, just like the rest of my unit.

I also play a class how I want, not how other people "think" it should be played. As an example, I frequently carry a handcannon as support, and sometimes a LAR/AK as commando.

Upvote 0
Watching my team's health isn't hard. I sit behind everyone, and snipe things with a LAR, mainly crawlers, sirens, and husks. Also, if I can't see everyone, they can call for a medic if needed, and I will do a 360 to see my entire team's health while I am reloading, in case everyone is not in front of me.

I don't know where this idea that a medic shouldn't fight came from. This is kinda related and kinda not, but I was actually a combat medic in the Army. The main thing our instructors stressed was Soldier Medic, meaning we took care of our teammates, but also used a rifle when needed. I carried an M4 in Iraq, just like the rest of my unit.

I also play a class how I want, not how other people "think" it should be played. As an example, I frequently carry a handcannon as support, and sometimes a LAR/AK as commando.
Whoa before this gets too far...im talking about in general. Im not saying kills shouldn't be done and it obviously depends on who you play with. In a public game, killing isn't really an option as you may know what I mean. In a group obviously assisting in the kills is important cause healing (if team is right) isn't something that is needed much.

Upvote 0