• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Modern Warfare 3

Just because a player doesn't go to metacritic.com to give a userscore doesn't mean he doesn't use the internet. Compare how many people are actually playing MW3/BF3/RO2 and then look up what tiny percentage the forum users (who usually complain) make. That can very much mean that they simply like the game and rather spend their time playing it then crying about it. That doesn't mean they're casual players who just jump into a round of the most casual FPS inbetween watching football and getting drunk.

Upvote 0
I also mentioned other forums, or the % of PC versions sold, but I guess that ignoring the non convenient facts makes it easier to argue for you.
What does the number of PC units sold have to do with insulting CoD players? Call of Duty is a console franchise in case you haven't noticed and the PC version is rather stripped down(no ranked ded. servers, no fov settings, no real cod elite, etc.), so of course sales are going to be much stronger on consoles because they are the systems this game is developed for first and foremost. And as for players that are vocal on forums, this isn't going to get the percentage much higher. Many of those complaining on forums might also write a user review on metacritic to keep the user score low. Those who like the game and therefore might not feel the need to complain on a forum probably won't give a **** about writing a metacritic user review either, so of course the small(in percent of the total player base) group of haters(of course they are entitled to their opinion, just using a functional term here) is going to push the score down.

Upvote 0
Many of those complaining on forums might also write a user review on metacritic to keep the user score low.

Generalisation.

Many of those complaining on forums might also write a user review on metacritic to keep the user score low.

Generalisation.

Those who like the game and therefore might not feel the need to complain on a forum probably won't give a **** about writing a metacritic user review either

Generalisation.

so of course the small(in percent of the total player base) group of haters(of course they are entitled to their opinion, just using a functional term here) is going to push the score down.

Generalisation.

Upvote 0
I have not insulted the CoD players, that is your problem from the beginning. You have a pretty ****ed up perception of things.
You say "the majority of cod players doesn't even use the internet" which is presumably wrong(why would Activision introduce a proper CoD social platform with CoD Elite then?) and also something very arrogant to say, because in my ears at least you finish that sentence with "because they're retards anyhow and don't know any better". But maybe I've just grown to know you too good.

Upvote 0
That can very much mean that they simply like the game and rather spend their time playing it then crying about it.
I keep hearing that nonsense in the RO2 forum, but it's just not true.
I frequent three forums, all for games/things I love. I have never visited a forum to talk bad about the game it's about.
The only times when I went to forums because I had a problem with their games was when I had technically problems and needed support or I was stuck and needed some pointers.
I realize we are all beautiful and unique snowflakes, but I can't be the exception here...

The idea that everyone who criticizes a game in its forum is a mindless hater and the ones loving the game are in a blissful high, their eyes rolled back from joy, playing the game and thinking about nothing else, is just not true. Stupid fanboy wars aside, but they don't criticize games anyway, they troll.

Speaking of trolling: The bad metacritic scores aren't representative. Neither of the quality of the game, nor of the reception among its fans, nor of a general audience.
It just shows enough petty douches were foaming at the mouth and gave it ridiculously bad scores (say what you will, production value alone places the games in at least the high fives, and I'm being cautious here) for a variety of reasons:
a) because they're fanboys of some other, not-as-different-as-they-would-like-to-think franchise that is in competition with MW3 (e.g. Battlefield)
b) because they hate the franchise as such and/or the tremendous influence it had on gaming (unfortunately?)
c) because they are disgruntled fans that have something to nitpick they think is a big deal but no one in the streets cares about. E.g. the whole dedicated server fiasco a while back

I highly, highly doubt any of those 1-3 scores is sincerely meant to give the game an honest score. They're from people with a grudge.

Taking them seriously leads nowhere.

Reactions: Oldih and Fedorov
Upvote 0
You say "the majority of cod players doesn't even use the internet" which is presumably wrong(why would Activision introduce a proper CoD social platform with CoD Elite then?)

As if a game lobby had something to do with web surfing and actually informing oneself about the details of a product or comparison with other products before the purchase.

in my ears at least you finish that sentence with "because they're retards anyhow and don't know any better".

Exactly, its all in your ears.

But maybe I've just grown to know you too good.

Or not at all.

Upvote 0
As if a game lobby had something to do with web surfing and actually informing oneself about the details of a product or comparison with other products before the purchase.
Not all people are mindless sheep who just buy whatever has the name Call of Duty on it. I bought it knowing exactly what I'm going to get. I know how the game compares to other games, I have enough experience with games to call myself a gaming veteran. Yet I buy it out of free will and not because I'm brainwashed by marketing. I know I'm going to get 5h of good sp entertainment with bs story, I know I'll be getting an awesome spec-ops coop experience with friends, I know I'll be getting an exciting multiplayer experience that will eventually end up boring me however once I've reached the top level.

Upvote 0
Not all people are mindless sheep who just buy whatever has the name Call of Duty on it.

Thats why I didn't say "all" and said "majority" instead, but we could go back to the same loop if you want.

I bought it knowing exactly what I'm going to get. I know how the game compares to other games, I have enough experience with games to call myself a gaming veteran. Yet I buy it out of free will and not because I'm brainwashed by marketing. I know I'm going to get 5h of good sp entertainment with bs story, I know I'll be getting an awesome spec-ops coop experience with friends, I know I'll be getting an exciting multiplayer experience that will eventually end up boring me however once I've reached the top level.

Please, stop excusing yourself and stop taking my posts as personal insults. I wasn't posting about you, yet, you insist on making everything personal. The world does not turn around you.

Upvote 0
I guess I can link the video here too:

Davis Family Vacation - Modern Warfare 3 - SPOILERS [HD] - YouTube

Don't watch if you hate spoilers, even lame ones like this. I don't really care too much but this is IW's obvious attempt to have at least one controversial level per CoD game.

My first reaction was "Damn that smoke is the ugliest I have seen since 2005".

Am I a psychopath now? :(

Who cares about digital girls blown up, really cheap hollywood drama if you ask me. Made me thing of the laughable first scene of Homefront which should make you feel immersed... where after the first scene the attempts 'shine because of their absense' (dutch saying, dunno if you have it in english:rolleyes:)

"The game is finished, let's use the final day to make some overdramatic irrelevant dramascene like they do in hollywood...".

So this in gameplay form, then it would be awesome:
This scene could have been part of the level all along, where you fail to rescue them in time or something, then they die because of you (sort of)...
A far better way to implement drama, or is that too anti-hollywood to be cool?:p

Upvote 0
I better start practicing if I want to be that good. My god 68:0;K/D , He must be a pro.
The funny thing is, if your opponents suck, which they usually do in pub servers, you can get similar scores without hacking as well (at least you could in the two previous titles). Says quite a lot about the game.

Reactions: Faneca and DraKon2k
Upvote 0