• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I do not think there is poor hit detection.

WOW so many people that think they no what there talking about like they made the game and this is how it is cuz im smarter then u -1 to all of you go back and play the game or waight 2 years till they get it right losers P.S there is a Hit detection problem it might not be for everybody but some are having it bunch of grown up losers just like u were in grade school high school and prob at everything you do

Upvote 0
I have been very pleased with the the way the game registers hits. once you learn how to effectively lead your shots to compensate for ping it's pretty easy. I wonder if the majority of people complaining about hit reg just don't take that into account when playing... At any rate, anyone who wants to complain should just play CSS for like 5 minutes and they should be find with the way this game registers hits.

This problem doesn't occur (noticeably, at least) at ranges outside of 10m. It always happens in CQC, and it doesn't matter where the person is, what stance they're using, cover, move speed, period.

I've come up behind riflemen standing next to a window aiming outside and shot them square in the helmet with an aimed shot. Nothing. It's very difficult to reproduce regularly, but it happens enough to totally screw me at least once a game.

Just used a random picture as an example but maybe another issue with hot boxes maybe this, a person hits someone in the arm where i have shown on the picture, and the arm blocks the chest from being hit and being a lethal shot, where in reality it would go though the arm and still hit in the chest?

If this is true, this could also be a reason with it taken up to 3-4 shots in limbs and hands and not very visible or noticeable effect on a non lethal hit

This -might- have to do with some of the issues, but again, I've lined up head/torso shots from 5m away on an unaware opponent and had absolutely nothing happen, despite the fact that there is a dust cloud kicking up on the other side of their face, where my bullet -would- have hit if it had penetrated their skull. There have been plenty of occasions where the position of their arms wasn't a factor.

Wow this has never happend to me... If some of you guys are experiencing this must be a gamebreaker. Problem is we can't see what ping he's playing on. Could this be related to particular servers? Do you get this every game you play no matter server ping etc?

Doesn't matter what ping, or how populated the server is. I've had it happen to me at 50 ping. I'm almost positive it has little if nothing to do with network connectivity or servers, as it'll happen with 5 people on the server, it'll happen with 50 people on the server.

It gets worse with 50 people on the server, but that might just be because there are more opportunities for it to screw you out of a kill.

Is it just me or are the sights adjusted for like 300m?

Not sure that would matter at those ranges. Even then, I've had it happen to me with the rifle sights at 100 and 200 degrees (my usual settings).

And I use 1680x1050 res.

Reactions: mattg
Upvote 0
Is it just me or are the sights adjusted for like 300m?
If they got the ballistics right, and that's a big if, then the Nagant with its sights set to 300m should peak at no more than 6 inches high at any point between 0 and 300m, where it should be bang on. At extremely short range the bullet has not reached the peak of it's ballistic arc so it would probably only be hitting 2-3inches above point of aim. So if the ballistics are right and his sights were on 300m he should have been hitting that crouching German in the high chest or neck region.

That said shooting at a wall and looking at the hit puffs in game the ballistic arc on the rifles has you shooting something like a meter high at around 20m if you have your sights set on 300m, which is utterly and horribly wrong (like a lot of things in RO2).

I was hoping they'd get these things right when they announced adjustable sights for RO2, if it was realistic you could set your sights to 300m aim centre mass and hit at all of the ranges present in this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Echo Black
Upvote 0
Never seen this in my 5 years playing RO1, but I have experienced it a couple of times in RO2. One time was almost exactly like the example shown in the video. And it was while having good ping (below 100). I don't get it very often though (less than 1 time in every 10 games).

The main problem I think is that players can bandage their way out of a rifleshot to the torso area. It should at the very least cause a bleed out.

Upvote 0
He doesn't even get the kill, genius.

The only thing he hits is the guy's arm with his last shot.

If the torso hit was lethal, or actually happened, he would've gotten the kill. Instead the dude across from him with the MP40 actually finished him first. Check the assist point.

Ok, I rewatched the vid and you're right, he gets the assist not the kill, which by the way still means he hit his target, AND it also means the other guy's hits were registering. A better example of bad hit detection would've showed no assist points.

Also, torso hit does not always mean lethal in this game. Vital organ hits or bleedout hits absent bandaging do. I just guessed it was a killing shot because the guy died immediately, without checking the kill notice. It probably did cause a bleed, and the torso hit might've been ultimately lethal by rapid bleedout if there hadn't been another friendly shooting at him for the kill, but we don't know because the other guy's bullet is the one that almost simultaneously got the kill.

So again, where is the proven problem in that vid?

p.s. don't mistake me for saying there are no hit detection issues. I'm fairly sure I've experienced them myself, so I'm not saying that. I'm just saying what looks like it to one person might not always even be it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shame%5B1%5D.jpg

Reactions: Nenjin
Upvote 0
Are you serious? lol

It's happening in that video. From that range his rifle should have dropped him on the first shot, yet he empties almost his entire mag into the guy to no effect. There are no hit sounds or anything.

I dunno how it gets any clearer than that.

I just had an instance now with my ppsh on commissars house. I was on one side of a low wall and there were 2 Axis on the other side running towards my position.

I fired a long controlled ( supported on the wall ) burst at the closest guy ( about 2 rifle lengths away ) who immediately stopped and took aim at me, fired and missed. Surprised I fired another controlled burst directly at center mass from what was now 1 rifle length away, with the second Axis guy also in my field of fire I fired again, emptying my magazine.

The second guy then shot me once with his pistol, killing me.

Straightaway I asked the guys if they were nearly dead e.t.c and it turns out I hit nothing, not even a clip or a graze on either of them, and I can pick off running players @ 100+ meters no problem at all with the ppsh, as I'm sure a lot of you can.

The server wasn't struggling and neither was my pc or connection, which leads me to believe there is indeed an issue.

It's happened lots of times before, but this was the most extreme with an entire clip missing two stationary targets at basically point blank range, with the weapon held steady on target throughout.

There were no impact sounds or blood splats e.t.c.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@MarioBava

You don't think that he would have died a lot sooner with both a semi-auto and an SMG pumping rounds into him from that range? Both the semi and the SMG were firing for 2-3 seconds before he dropped. It only takes one hit to trigger the bleed-out animation, yet he kept fighting like a champ until one of the SMG guy's rounds decided to register. You get kill assists for suppressing enemies too. Perhaps rifle guy put him into full suppression (with the help of SMG guy) and SMG guy got the lucky hit to register?

Upvote 0
@MarioBava

This guy just dont want to see it period.
Done talking into blind deaf people, who compare the game to a holly bible, and people canot blasfeming it by pointing it flaws.
Hope, tripwire spend more time on these type of things ( hit detection) then on stupidity stats and unlocks...

Sorry, but I said I've seen hit detection problems. Just not clear in that video. It's not about comparing the game to a holy bible, you just make your point of view look bad by such exaggerations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@MarioBava

You don't think that he would have died a lot sooner with both a semi-auto and an SMG pumping rounds into him from that range? Both the semi and the SMG were firing for 2-3 seconds before he dropped. It only takes one hit to trigger the bleed-out animation, yet he kept fighting like a champ until one of the SMG guy's rounds decided to register. You get kill assists for suppressing enemies too. Perhaps rifle guy put him into full suppression (with the help of SMG guy) and SMG guy got the lucky hit to register?

I know there's problems with this, I'm just not sure of this video in particular. I don't know how many leg and arm hits will kill in the game. I know one is enough to start you bleeding and you'd die if you didn't bandage. All I know is that what I saw from the pov of the vid is several leg and arm hits, several misses, 1 torso hit then death then another torso hit. I can't see the aiming of the other player so I can't see where he is hitting or how often.

I don't know what the bleeding animation looks like, I'm only familiar with the "slow death" animation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont have Fraps but I just tested with my teammates. I've screenshots.

It's true: a bandaged part of body can't be wounded again... (2 magazines of pphs is not enough)

But also rifle's shots penetrate brick walls (the one of the church in Spartanovka) and you can kill through the wall of Obj A in Commissar's House firing from inside to outside (but not the opposite) using Pistols!!!

This game is a Mess!

Edit2: MG34 set up for 400m hits perfectly at 250m...

Last edited:
Upvote 0