• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Key-combo macros.

Key-combo macros.

• Yes.

Votes: 74 46.3%
  • No.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 32 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need to post a video of this "zig zag" exploit your going on about.

Even in RO1 people, even myself would zig zag when charging with bayonet to avoid dieing when being sprayed. I've ran in a zig zag in ro2 couple of times charging someone who is shooting, Do you expect the person with the bayonet to walk in a straight line for you?. Zig zagging all you need to do is simply look in a different direction when sprinting, there is no marco key binding etc to do it. Unless of course your talking about something completely different and need a video of it.

Upvote 0
The truth is being revealed. So far we have 33% of players that are using macros. I had no idea this abuse was so prevelant. Tripwire, please do something about this if you can. At the very least please disable A and D keys while sprinting. You have been very vocal about preventing cheating and this clearly constitutes a cheat.

Upvote 0
The truth is being revealed. So far we have 33% of players that are using macros. I had no idea this abuse was so prevelant. Tripwire, please do something about this if you can. At the very least please disable A and D keys while sprinting. You have been very vocal about preventing cheating and this clearly constitutes a cheat.
Maybe 33% just thinks this thread is retarded as you somehow believe you have to use a macro to press A or D while simultaneously pressing W. Goddamn man, this just has to be your first ever FPS.

Upvote 0
Maybe 33% just thinks this thread is retarded as you somehow believe you have to use a macro to press A or D while simultaneously pressing W. Goddamn man, this just has to be your first ever FPS.

I think you've just revealed this is your first FPS. A macro achieves a far higher capability in speed, which is why the maneouver looks so much like an obvious hack. When I first saw it first-hand last night I was convinced the player was using an un-detectable speed-hack of some kind, until the penny dropped.

There are those who want the combat represented as realistically as possible, and eschew game-gaming tactics of all and any kind. Then there are the others who play for nothing more than scoring points at any cost and turn the experience into arcade dreck, thinking all the other players are sighing in awe at their l33tness. They're not, they're sneering in righteous contempt.

Upvote 0
I think you've just revealed this is your first FPS. A macro achieves a far higher capability in speed, which is why the maneouver looks so much like an obvious hack. When I first saw it first-hand last night I was convinced the player was using an un-detectable speed-hack of some kind, until the penny dropped.
Hahahaha, what? What does this macro do exactly then that a human can't? Please, tell me. While you're at it, which are these games were macros are used to "increase speed"? Do you even know what a macro is?
They're not, they're sneering in righteous contempt.
That's awfully pretentious for someone playing a video game, don't you think? It seems pretty clear to me that that isn't the case at all. You are just awfully angry that someone killed you with a bayonet, "b-but he shouldn't be able too! I-I.. I saw this movie and it doesn't work, THIS IS NOT REALISTIC!". You aren't even complaining about the buggy hit detection, you're frustrated by the fact that someone can run faster than you can aim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hahahaha, what? What does this macro do exactly then that a human can't? Please, tell me. While you're at it, which are these games were macros are used to "increase speed"? Do you even know what a macro is?
That's awfully pretentious for someone playing a video game, don't you think? It seems pretty clear to me that that isn't the case at all. You are just awfully angry that someone killed you with a bayonet, "b-but he shouldn't be able too! I-I.. I saw this movie and it doesn't work, THIS IS NOT REALISTIC!". You aren't even complaining about the buggy hit detection, you're frustrated by the fact that someone can run faster than you can aim.

Come back when you have a clue what you're talking about mate, I'm done wasting my time with you. :)

Upvote 0
Actually there should be inertia ingame to prevent this. It was in Ostfront and i personally find it a lot easier to use my mouse to change direction while sprinting. Perhaps what you've seen was someone with real bad latency.

No, it wasn't bad latency, and it seemed that all the members of a particular clan were using the same hack (I won't name the clan). It was being used to cover ground at range as well and was visibly different from mouse-weave. It produces an effect almost like micro-warping because the animation appears to find it difficult to keep up with the keyboard inputs.

There will always be a minority who expend a significant amount of their time and energy to find ways to abuse the game. They are a cancer of online gaming, no better than those who use actual hacks and cheats in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Another thread of deadly dullness and self-dissatisfaction. If everyone one would open up a thread for every thought that strikes his/her mind, the forum would implode.:D

Furthermore I think you have no clue, what people can do in games (of course without super leet hack macros). Go watch some old frag or trick movies from quake1, quake 3, hl1dm, team fortress classic. At that time people where renowned by the communities for be precise and fast in out thinking the opponent and handling the game more pinpoint than most people could imagine.

I'm aware of the fact, that Red Orchestra ain't comparable to any of the previously mentioned games. But people are/stayed "the same".

They won't stop to exhaust their possibilities cause you don't like it or a concerned group of people in a forum think it's not the way our grandfathers would've done it back in WWII.

Another funny side note:

First people were concerned, that their so much loved bolt rifles (luv them too^^) would be useless against the mass of semis and auto (god forbid the evil MKB42). And now someone is enraged, that he got killed by the bayonet of a rifleman in CQC.

Personally I don't like the super hectic run and gun tactics, but it doesn't piss me off so much, that I need to open up a topic for every time some of those amphetamine rambos got a kill on me.

Upvote 0
No that ain't possible, cause that's more than the engine/game allows you to do and that's a good thing for a "realistic" WWII FPS. But try it and while testing always try a grenade jump.^^ Drop the nade to your feet, stand above it and jump in the same moment the nade detonates. Have fun watching your body parts rocketing in the sky and the small notification in the top right corner - Suicide -2 team points. Don't try this at home.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No that ain't possible, cause that's more than the engine/game allows you to do. But try it and while testing always try a grenade jump.^^ Drop the nade to your feet, stand above it and jump in the same moment the nade detonates. Have fun watching your body parts rocketing in the sky and the small notification in the top right corner - Suicide -2 team points.

The engine/game also allows you to clip through solid objects and see what's on the other side. Fair play? Personally I move a couple of inches if I notice myself clipping.

Reactions: Rear
Upvote 0
I just don't use it like you said yourself. Don't like to be spotted and killed that way but as well I wouldn't open a topic every time it happens and I wouldn't be bad-tempered about it for more than a few seconds. Self-mockingly I have to admit, that I should stop reading general discussion. That way I won't be tempted to read your topics about:

omg Clans are dead; there are so many cheaters and pb/vac aren't able to detect those nasty external hacks; this and that is unrealistic and should be disabled or punished; those guys only got me because they used evil makros; the game doesn't work the way we wanted it and now look what you did - it's dying...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.