• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poll: Inverted Mouse

Poll: Inverted Mouse

• Inverted

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Non-inverted

Votes: 153 82.7%

• Total voters
I am interested in the mouse sensitivity, as i have mine in the lowest 10% of the slider in every game i play. This might make me a smoother and more accurate long range aimer but I'm sure i lose out on twitchy close encounters.

I think when it comes to playing fps successfully the ability to predict player behavior, assess information quickly and make fast decisive judgment calls is a factor that overshadows any quirks of keys and mouse settings.

If my inverted mouse actually does put me at such an inherent disadvantage, then i'm glad to hear i'm that much better a player than i ever thought i was.

Upvote 0
I am interested in the mouse sensitivity, as i have mine in the lowest 10% of the slider in every game i play. This might make me a smoother and more accurate long range aimer but I'm sure i lose out on twitchy close encounters.

I think when it comes to playing fps successfully the ability to predict player behavior, assess information quickly and make fast decisive judgment calls is a factor that overshadows any quirks of keys and mouse settings.

If my inverted mouse actually does put me at such an inherent disadvantage, then i'm glad to hear i'm that much better a player than i ever thought i was.

Wow, how can you use the lowest sensitivity? :eek:

Upvote 0
Not RO2 related but I'm curious about the relation of how much players use:

a: Inverted Mouse (which imo is the REAL deal for fps-games) or

b: Normal Mouse behaviour (which I like to call "Desktop Mode" ;) )

Personally, I only know one person besides from me that uses (a)

1 person besides you and you would like to call it the real deal? :D

Anyway, inverted in flight-sims, normal in FPS games.

Upvote 0
LOl @ people talking about pro gamers :p

Seriously, whatever works for you is what is best for you, there is no right or wrong way to set your controls :rolleyes: Any disadvantage is in the mind of your opponent.
Why LOL at me? I was just curios. I was surprised by the poll and was wondering if it was different for people who compete in gaming. Obviously what is best for the person is the best, it would be stupid to claim anything different.

Upvote 0
Why LOL at me? I was just curios. I was surprised by the poll and was wondering if it was different for people who compete in gaming. Obviously what is best for the person is the best, it would be stupid to claim anything different.

Because I'm tired of hearing people who are not used to control method B trying to suggest people who use it are at a disadvantage and continuing with crap like " I bet pro gamers wont play with that method "..

I don't give a scabby rats *** what some spotty little, anti-social failure thinks about my controls ( not you, the pro gamer ) :)

I used to play CS in B!TCH before they merged with 4K^ and I've beaten them all so often it became boring.

The best gamer in the world is the best because he is the best ( and that's certainly not me btw ), not because he bows to peer pressure or uses method x :rolleyes:

I hope that was clear, and no offence was intended :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Inverted is actually normal to us who were gaming for long time.

It makes sense in my brain because it's thinking that the mouse is the back of the gun, the screen is the fulcrum and moving up and down pivots it :)

QFT. Exactly the same for me. I think I probably started with inverted way back, maybe in a game where inverted was the default - Duke 3D maybe? And you once do it Inverted you can't go back.

Inverted is the ultimate. Inverted eclipses everything.

Upvote 0
Inverted is actually normal to us who were gaming for long time.

It makes sense in my brain because it's thinking that the mouse is the back of the gun, the screen is the fulcrum and moving up and down pivots it :)

I've always been using inverted but never quite did push a finger on WHY it felt more natural to me this way - this could indeed be an explanation !

Strange thing tough : the rare times I've been playing an FPS on console (yeah I know...), I just can't played with the stick inverted...

Upvote 0
... I don't give a scabby rats *** what some spotty little, anti-social failure thinks about my controls ( not you, the pro gamer ) :) ... I hope that was clear, and no offence was intended :cool:
No don't worry, none taken. But sure go ahead and insult others, that is surely the way to live your life as a proud member of the human race. Good for you!

you weren't curious, you made the suggestion that almost no 'pro' players invert their mouse.
I am, hence I start to talk about it. That is often how curiosity expresses itself mate. And yes, I bet that pro gamers play will less invert mouse than regular players. So what?

Upvote 0
The main thing is getting used to a sensitivity. Doesn't matter if its inverted or not, just that you feel comfortable with the movements and repeat them over and over.

I do believe there are good and bad sensitivities though, and there are plus and minus points for how you hold the mouse. Its different for each person, but there is a point where sensitivity is too high. Its usually best to go too low rather than too high, and just get used to it. Anything under 10cm for 360 turn is probably way too high. 20-30 is normal imo. Anything over 30 is fine too. Its different in RO2 though since you can separate moving with aiming. My aiming sensitivity is very low, but its about half the moving sensitivity

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am, hence I start to talk about it. That is often how curiosity expresses itself mate. And yes, I bet that pro gamers play will less invert mouse than regular players. So what?

I agree that might be the case, but I doubt for the same reasons as yours - as you appear to be implying there's a disadvantage suffered by inverting your mouse.
I guess I'm missing something because i can't see a reason why that would be.

Unless you want it to be true simply because that's what you do, and you want to associate your choice with that of the best players around.
In which case, if you learnt that most actually play inverted, would you change?

Upvote 0