• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To All Australian Players...

I'm sure the vast majority of you will be familiar with the 'Aussie / NZ' and 'Aussie / NZ #2' Servers.

Why have they recently implemented punkbuster onto those two servers? Consequently, I can't join the servers and effectively can't play multiplayer at all!

In my honest opinion, and I'm sure many will agree, it was much better overall for the servers not to use Punkbuster.

Could we change it back?
What's the reason?:(
Looks like I've lost another game to Punkbuster. :(

I haven't had any problems with punkbuster so far and I believe I've played on those servers you mentioned.... though one time when I clicked to join I ended up on some Korean server with people talking jibberish.... I was going to rudly tell them "Speak in English, this is an Australian Server!" but figured I'd double check that I did join the server I clicked, and it turned out to be Korean, so I was the odd one out, lol. :D

Upvote 0
I play on those... but i have trouble with servers who have punkbuster set to max (red security)

It always states my user name is banned... and kicks me.

Does not do it on medium punkbuster security servers. It is a pain to be honest.

Most servers dont have it set to Max security fortunatly.

I havnt bothered to try and work out why my name would be banned yet?? any one have any ideas?

I have seen praixus out there a couple of times too.. cant really forget that name.

Upvote 0
Svyaschennaya Voyna,

Have you tried the standard things like manually updating PB?

Follow this link to manually update PB http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Have you verified your game files in Steam?

Have you applied any mods?

If that doesn't help then let us know the exact sequence of events when you get kicked, including any errors you get.

We really want to include as many people from this region as we can on our servers so hopefully we can get you up and going.

:)

Upvote 0
I can't play on that server long because it hurts my eyes.

Texts that say "I ownz u Noob" "WTF!"

And MKB and Autos out of the ying yang

Punkbuster should be upped and removed these words and the punk who say them, as well as all auto carrying gun totting rambo running freaks.

<wink>

They need to leave Punkbuster on there are plenty of other Aussie servers, if this one is not working out for you.

Upvote 0
I play on those... but i have trouble with servers who have punkbuster set to max (red security)

It always states my user name is banned... and kicks me.

Does not do it on medium punkbuster security servers. It is a pain to be honest.

Most servers dont have it set to Max security fortunatly.

I havnt bothered to try and work out why my name would be banned yet?? any one have any ideas?

I have seen praixus out there a couple of times too.. cant really forget that name.

If you're using the name Don Draper, it may be because the string "rape" is present.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys for the replies, and I totally understand the need for it with some hackers being caught.

Truth is I've had a run in with PB since Bad Company 2 and COD5. Can't play either of them online.

I issued a support ticket on the evenbalance website months ago and after they give you the stock replies (Update manually, Re install etc.) they just leave and never answer any more questions.

Interestingly, I have to take the 'pb' folder of of the game directory, because with it in, the game runs at max 3 FPS! That too happened with Bad Company 2. I think my computer has some 'access denied' and administrative issues, since my school messed around with it and put it on their network type thing.

I've pretty much given up on trying to make it work, also I am very much an amateur when it comes to this kind of thing.

Sorry I've typed too much, any kind of help is appreciated!

P.S I won't be able to run Battlefield 3, because it uses PB. :mad:

Upvote 0