• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tool] Server crash recovery

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
This is a tool to make server restart on the last played/voted map after a server crash (assuming server has auto-restart script).

Download from here.

To install this:
- Edit MapRecover.ini and set a safe "FallbackURL" with a map and game mode that will not fail to load (this is important in case players tried to vote for a broken map that can't be loaded)!
- Edit server KillingFloor.ini and find lines with:
ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
Now append a new line with:
ServerActors=MapRecover.MapRecover
- Save and close the ini file.
- Make sure server starts up on a simple map and game type with no mutators so it can boot up quickly for startup level switch, good example is:
Entry?Game=Engine.GameInfo (+ server specific URL)

If you have any questions or bug reports, please post them here!

I would like to install this on my server but when my server crashes i don't have or know of anything that i can install/enable that will start the server back up by itself,,, any links for this stuff would be great
This is a bug on one of the recent patchs from before christmas. This is nothing to do with this mutator.

Upvote 0
Any news on fixing the server crash issue after christmas? because most of the time on map change ill get these critical errors even using the map recover and the server will get stuck, until i restart it.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Any news on fixing the server crash issue after christmas? because most of the time on map change ill get these critical errors even using the map recover and the server will get stuck, until i restart it.

Sadly there is no fixing that, it's something to do with the source or from what I've heard, UCC doesn't fully shutdown when it crashes and doesn't close

Upvote 0