• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How's your performance?

How's your performance?

• Poor performance - sub 30 frames per second

Votes: 85 30.8%
  • Between 30 and 60 frames per second

Votes: 153 55.4%
  • Great performance - over 60 frames per second

Votes: 38 13.8%

• Total voters

Mormegil

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Nargothrond
There's a lot of people talking about poor performance on this game. Reading all of this, you might think most people are having problems, but I have my doubts. Especially since it seems to be tied to ATI / Crossfire for a lot of people - and there can't be a majority of people running that type of rig.

Note, you can enable frames per second, by typing "stat fps" in the console.

If possible, give us your FPS when video is set to High.

Last edited:
Yes, for example there were some 10,000 players on release.

Now there's around 5,000 in-game. Let's see if we even get 1,000 votes.

Now if the player base drops considerably and forum posts go up about complaints (which is happening to some degree), then perhaps lots of people are not playing the game because of performance issues.

Reactions: Oo.k.
Upvote 0
Not like this would depend on settings, rig or anything. Just a static performance number.

I guess I could ask people to switch their settings to High, and stand in a specific spot on a specific map with a specific number of players on-line.

While ideal, I don't think I'll get many people voting that way.

I'll edit the post to go with "High" settings.

Upvote 0
Framerates don't matter because with the microstuttering 50 FPS feels like 15.

Q9550 3.4 GHZ
ATI 4890 or AMD 6870 or GTX570, they're all the same
8GB DDR2 800
OCZ Agility SSD

q9550 at 3.7ghz

And I still get around 25-40 dips, indoors it runs at like 60-90 fps.

It really seems like we're CPU bound with our C2Qs huh? We get the same performance on the same CPU regardless of videocard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Nezzer: That sounds like a memory leak. I'm sure TWI would be interested in a perf dump of yours (check the support section) because this actually sounds like a fixable issue!

I get 30-60, generally. It might drop to 25 on rare occasions, mostly involving artillery and it's higher on less rare occasions indoors, but all in all it's comfortably between 30 and 60 frames per second.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Better options would have been things along the lines of:

Good for my rig
Decent for my rig
Dissapointing for my rig.

60 fps might be good for a 3 year old rig.

ButSomeone with a new top end machines, would expect a bit more than 60 fps

It's all relative.

I get 60 fps with my rig.

I was counting on at least double.

Upvote 0
I'm in the poor performance category. I get around 14fps on the following rig:

E6600 2.4
6gig DDR2 Ram
ATI 4890 1gig vid card
Gigabyte 965-DS3P mobo

love the game but the speed is just above powerpoint. but hey, I'm not whinging...I see this as a temp problem which'll get fixed. heck, EVERY game that I've played (on release) has been problematic but the key is getting the devs focused on fixing it and making it better.

Over to you TWI :)

Upvote 0