• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] weapon wont fire on first moose click

I find this happens almost everygame for me, mostly on the PPSH.

Its normally fine through the first few deaths, but then I suddenly get a horrible FPS drop when quickly scoping and firing the PPSH, after that I have the click to fire issue.

I normally click once of twice when I spawn whilst firing in the air, and then it is fine after that, eitherway if the cap zone is intense and I am rushing in I forget to test fire, get the drop on the enemy, go to fire and nothing, usually returned by a hail of lead from the axis.

If it helps also this happens ALOT on train yard and pavlov, but rarely on othermaps such as apartments.

Upvote 0
Was hoping this would've been fixed in the upcoming patch.

And for the rest it was already extensively tested by someone, and i can confirm this will reproduce the bug most of the time. Its a matter of timing the firing and dieing the same time but it will work ( or actually, it wont work ) the next time you spawn.

Hey Yoshiro,

I AM ABLE TO REPLICATE THIS PRETTY MUCH 90% OF THE TIME.

I've been working on this for a few hours now, it clearly has nothing to do with what you did just before, or what you're doing in the moment it happens. It can happen when you spawn and simply click without doing anything else. Nothing to do with ironsites, position etc...

Something happens when you die while firing. It seems to occur when you're shooting just as you die or when you click at the exact moment you die(you're gun dosn't have time to fire). Either one of these. I have died at least 40 times doing this and as i spawn i click 1 second after spawning, 38 times out of 40 the gun doesn't fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you die firing, or have the firebutton pressed at a dieing point or maybe even while in limbo. It seems the engine doesn't get the Mousebutton_off command (or whatever it's called) through.

So then when you respawn the mousebutton is somehow still 'On' even though the weapon is not firing. Then, when you DO want to fire you click the mousebutton, which was already 'stuck' on 'ON' so nothing happens. Then you release the button and now the engine gets the OFF command.

Now you can fire again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0