• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

<Suggestion> Trader Shoplist Menu Expansion

sheaownsaford

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Hey guys just wondering if there's a cap on the weapon limit of the Trader Menu, someone mentioned in the HiyokomodV2.8 there were a bunch of new weapons and that there was a set limit of 50 weapons.

The point of this thread is to ask if it's possible to make a Mod or Mutator to Extend this limit to say, 100 weapons or 150 even? Also is it possible to add a drop down menu to the inside of the trader menu right above the gun list that selects from grouped weapons by their related class? Like for example if the default option was ALL, it would be like it is now. Click to switch to Sharp Shooter and all of the weapons in the list would show as SS only weapons.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/traderlistdd.png/ <--EXAMPLE OF SOMETHING similar that I'm thinking of

I haven't gotten up to more than 46 weapons total yet with all of the mods/muts out there that I've collected, and have no experience with space limits...but I do have sorting issues!

Last edited:
the trader limit is hardcoded so nix to that. Hardcodes can't be mutated, so you have to rewrite the games engine coding stuffs if you get what i mean. As to the drop down, i wonder if it could be added to the custom trader... A drop down that lets you pick from several different custom traders... which could get around the hardcode limit if you use multiple custom trader .ini to populate the dropdown, since each CT list would still have only 50 weapons... BRAINDEAD, I NEED YOU TO REDO THE CUSTOM TRADER (if that dea is viable lol)

Upvote 0
the trader limit is hardcoded so nix to that. Hardcodes can't be mutated, so you have to rewrite the games engine coding stuffs if you get what i mean. As to the drop down, i wonder if it could be added to the custom trader... A drop down that lets you pick from several different custom traders... which could get around the hardcode limit if you use multiple custom trader .ini to populate the dropdown, since each CT list would still have only 50 weapons... BRAINDEAD, I NEED YOU TO REDO THE CUSTOM TRADER (if that dea is viable lol)

That's a fantastic revelation you've hinted at! I hope that it's possible! If we can get someone to relate each dropdown selection to its own .ini file like you said you could circumvent the 50 item limit in a way... INTERESTING!

Someone who knows what they're doing please help us out here!

Upvote 0

Really good idea as this will hopefully get around the limit BUT...wouldn't this annoy some admins (for example maybe me) on the layout of the files and the amount of files just to have some different list? If there is a way of easily making them save into one file then this will purely be a YES DO IT! (please...)

The reason why I would have a problem with multiple files is that space is something that admins need to sometimes worry about plus having multiple files you need to edit is a pain. An example of the way round this would probably be best as Marco's ServerPerks mutator. The Stats file that saves everyone's stats in is seperated into sections of the player itself.

Just a thought. :)

Upvote 0
well, separate files might be what are needed to avoid hardcoding, but i'm not sure. I also don't know how they'd create the drop down, maybe each list would be one of the first 5 weapons then 45 other slots could be used for the guns. Also, i doubt it would be too confusing to edit - have one thats the WTF guns, One thats the "New" guns (not twi-guns recoded/retextured [aka weapon pack ect.]) one thats got hiyoko guns and one of stock guns, one with the "old days" guns ect. Get where i'm goin? and because they'd be in separate lists, you'd know exactly where to find everthing. it'd acually be better organized than b4

Upvote 0
well, separate files might be what are needed to avoid hardcoding, but i'm not sure. I also don't know how they'd create the drop down, maybe each list would be one of the first 5 weapons then 45 other slots could be used for the guns. Also, i doubt it would be too confusing to edit - have one thats the WTF guns, One thats the "New" guns (not twi-guns recoded/retextured [aka weapon pack ect.]) one thats got hiyoko guns and one of stock guns, one with the "old days" guns ect. Get where i'm goin? and because they'd be in separate lists, you'd know exactly where to find everthing. it'd acually be better organized than b4

Do remember the mutator isn't going to be able to read these custom files as they have different names to what the mutator would have to read? I can see where you're going but I still see this problem with the files. I doubt there is a way of making custom files to be used.

Upvote 0
the mutator would have to be rewritten - theres no doubt that it'd be funky to work out. But its just an idea. However, i was wondering - what if it was set up so that when the trader first loads, it doesn't have guns in the slots, but instead list names. you click a list bubble which is linked to another file. i wonder if thats possible in coding. no more weaponforsale=kfmod.bullpup instead weaponforsale=TWIGUNSLIST or whatever.
Once again, i'm unsure as to feasibility. we need marco or BD to look at it, or maybe scaryghost or yoyo - they all seem to have a good understanding of the coding and its workarounds.

Upvote 0
the mutator would have to be rewritten - theres no doubt that it'd be funky to work out. But its just an idea. However, i was wondering - what if it was set up so that when the trader first loads, it doesn't have guns in the slots, but instead list names. you click a list bubble which is linked to another file. i wonder if thats possible in coding. no more weaponforsale=kfmod.bullpup instead weaponforsale=TWIGUNSLIST or whatever.
Once again, i'm unsure as to feasibility. we need marco or BD to look at it, or maybe scaryghost or yoyo - they all seem to have a good understanding of the coding and its workarounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

-Bump-

Braindead or YoYo we could still use some input on whether this is possible! TY :cool:

Upvote 0
Marcos ServerPerks mut includes a trader menu with categories and NO weapon limit what so ever.

Upvote 0
Marcos ServerPerks mut includes a trader menu with categories and NO weapon limit what so ever.
HaTeMe is right. I use this myself for my version of the ServerPerks and instead of weapon types, I have the categories in perk types. This helps so many people especially new players so they know what weapons go with what perk. Trust me, try it. :cool:

Upvote 0