• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What kind of mod would you like to see?

Since there are so many different possibilities for a mod it's pointless to make a poll imo.
So what kind of mod would you like to see?

I would actually love to see a sci-fi mod, with the mechanics of RO2 but weapons of the future like lasers. Afaik there isn't a game that tries both to be futuristic and realistic.

I had that same exact idea on the Steam Forums.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to that Vietnam mod coming out. So few Vietnam games.

Upvote 0
Other battles of the period outside of Stalingrad. I feel we are kind of locked into that timeframe as long as we only have vehicles/weapons to match (1942/early1943).

If we want to be controversial, how about the "meat grinder" battles of Rzhev? Small town on the Volga, in the Moscow area, where losses were absolutely appalling on both sides (and in particular, the Russian side).

I'm not celebrating that fact by any means, it's tragic - and such an often overlooked part of the war - which is boggling from a historical sense. The Russians lost as many as a million troops (possibly) - the Germans a half mil, possibly, in 1942 and 1943. Shocking battles that would be worthy of an entire game, such as RO2 is devoted to Stalingrad. This might have been a battlefield scenario in RO1, but I don't think so.. I cannot remember.

To make things weirder, there was a Russian documentary about Rzhev made in 2009 and many Russians went nuts - they thought it was traitorous, because it was critical of Stalin and Russian commanders of that time for the use of "human waves" (and apparent disregard for humanity). There were even political calls for the documentary producers to be prosecuted! It's bizarre to me that they are disregarding a huge part of the history of the war, good or bad.

And that's not me taking sides - I'm no Wermacht sympathizer by any means, I'm all about the Big Red marching to Berlin. But they should be able to be true to history. Anyway.

There were also battles for Voronezh and the oil field in the Caucasus.. Any of these other Eastern Front battles would be good.

Upvote 0
Total Conversions:

Fictional 1950s Cold War outbreak with US and NATO vs. USSR and Warsaw Pact

Korean War - could reuse half the weapons in RO2 for North Korea, and the other half from Rising Storm for Americans. Plus there's never been a Korean War fps that I know of

Modern combat, but I'm sick of Iraq. How about China and North Korea vs. South Korea and Japan? A take on modern warfare NOT involving the US or Russia would be a breath of fresh air.

Winter War - Again, never been done for an FPS

Sicilian/Italian Campaign - Done but only for a few maps/missions in larger scale WW2 games. I'd love to see this done in depth.

Mini-mods for RO2 itself:

Medic class - player can no longer bandage self but bleeds slower to give medic a chance to show up

Mortar class

Radioman class - dead radioman in a squad = no information from commander

On-map self propelled guns and rocket artillery

Late war weapons - after a few months I wont care about historical accuracy regarding the battle of stalingrad, and I'd love to see some more guns in the game. This would pair up with maps depicting late war battles like the Battle of Berlin.

AIRPLANES

My personal list in order of preference:
World War 1 (Already coming out)
Vietnam (Already coming out)
Star Wars (Or other futuristic mod)
Pacific theater (Coming out)
Zombies (Has to be well done, not just a bunch of morons running around with shovels)

I know about In Country and Rising Storm, but whats the name/website of the WW1 mod?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Total Conversions:

Fictional 1950s Cold War outbreak with US and NATO vs. USSR and Warsaw Pact

Korean War - could reuse half the weapons in RO2 for North Korea, and the other half from Rising Storm for Americans. Plus there's never been a Korean War fps that I know of

Modern combat, but I'm sick of Iraq. How about China and North Korea vs. South Korea and Japan? A take on modern warfare NOT involving the US or Russia would be a breath of fresh air.

Winter War - Again, never been done for an FPS

Sicilian/Italian Campaign - Done but only for a few maps/missions in larger scale WW2 games. I'd love to see this done in depth.

Mini-mods for RO2 itself:

Medic class - player can no longer bandage self but bleeds slower to give medic a chance to show up

Mortar class

Radioman class - dead radioman in a squad = no information from commander

On-map self propelled guns and rocket artillery

Late war weapons - after a few months I wont care about historical accuracy regarding the battle of stalingrad, and I'd love to see some more guns in the game. This would pair up with maps depicting late war battles like the Battle of Berlin.

AIRPLANES

I know about In Country and Rising Storm, but whats the name/website of the WW1 mod?
Iron Europe
It's on the mods list

Upvote 0
My personal list in order of preference:
World War 1 (Already coming out)
Vietnam (Already coming out)
Star Wars (Or other futuristic mod)
Pacific theater (Coming out)
Zombies (Has to be well done, not just a bunch of morons running around with shovels)
that's almost exactly my list, some "realistic" Star Wars infantry combat would be awesome!
I'd much prefer to see a western mod over zombies though!

Upvote 0