• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For those asking "When is the DE beta"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never commented the price on the actual game but the DDE-extra paid for mostly a early beta-access.

I am waiting. I'd like at least the slightest hint on how long should I keep waiting. Also you said they don't have a day. That's not right, they do have an internal date - they just aren't giving it to anyone because they don't want people to get angry if the beta gets delayed. Do you see what's wrong with that?

They have not denied anyone early access.

TWI gave people a hint as to when the early access would start.... Before the 30th of this month. :eek: If that gives you an idea of how long you should wait

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I know from friends is that at the moment the developers are testing for balance issues on maps, let them finish getting the data they need and then they will get the beta to us.
Actually, balance issues is probably one of the best things the final beta phase can test, so it would make sense to not rely on the closed beta too much for that. Also, there is no rule that the current beta will end when the open beta starts, they could easily continue it on passworded servers.

Upvote 0
Sigh. Once again I never asked them to release beta before it's ready to be released. If they DO NOT announce a date and have a delay, they don't have to tell about the delay. It's hiding the problem.

Let's have an example - you break your dad's car's window. Which is better - you tell your dad you broke it and it was an accident or you don't tell him and hope he doesn't find out?

Granted it's not the best example, but it works for this scenario.

And my outbursts? How many insults I've throw around? Every post I've written I've thought-out and read a couple of times before posting. I've kept my calm and not insulted anyone or called them names. You can compare the level of maturity of my posts to some others on this forum (or this thread) and think about it.
I'm with you man. But I'll just sat TWI SOON does not mean 4 weeks. YOU A-HOLES

Upvote 0
They have not denied anyone early access.

TWI gave people a hint as to when the early access would start.... Before the 30th of this month. :eek:

Also, 8th of august it was said that "the press will play a couple of weeks or so and then we're ready to start the DDE-beta". It's been a couple of weeks now, would be nice to know what the "or so" meant.

Upvote 0
Also, 8th of august it was said that "the press will play a couple of weeks or so and then we're ready to start the DDE-beta". It's been a couple of weeks now, would be nice to know what the "or so" meant.

The press has been playing, they have just recently been released from their NDA and have been posting pics of the game, working on their reviews.

Upvote 0
@ Poerisija

I don't have a problem with your posts at all. Like most on the forum, myself included, you are pissed at the lack of information and all these wonderful replies telling you to shut up, that you're ungrateful, a whiny, greedy kid e.t.c should be getting infractions imho!

I'm not in any rush though, I have plenty of other stuff that needs doing, so I don't feel bad about not being able to play the beta yet, but the scrappy flow of information continues to be a mild annoyance.

Upvote 0
@ Poerisija

I don't have a problem with your posts at all. Like most on the forum, myself included, you are pissed at the lack of information and all these wonderful replies telling you to shut up, that you're ungrateful, a whiny, greedy kid e.t.c should be getting infractions imho!

I'm not in any rush though, I have plenty of other stuff that needs doing, so I don't feel bad about not being able to play the beta yet, but the scrappy flow of information continues to be a mild annoyance.

Thank you for being a sensible, thinking human being.
We need more people like you.

Also, funny how I just noticed we've both been around longer than most of the people you mentioned above.

Upvote 0
And why not at least have something new?

all we have is "will be released when ready" ...

Ok, TWI is busy working to be released soon, everyone knows that, however, costs to talk to us? costs come down and say what remains to be released? what they are working? would let their customers updated on the game.

After all, customers are not important at all?

Upvote 0
@ Poerisija

Please do not include me in either group of being pissed or telling another to shut up.:D

I just would like to know how much information would be enough? If they give you the precise date and time of the release, wouldn't you be upset if they run into an issue that causes it to be delayed for an hour? What if there is an issue with Steam, that TWI has no control over? If you want a rough estimate as to when it will be here, it will be here before the 30th.

I Understand that it can be annoying not knowing when, but it is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Take your time TWI, give it as long as you need to make my experience better.

Upvote 0
@ Poerisija

You should really read more carefully.

Most of the objections to his posts stemmed from the fact that he more or less called the DDE a swindle. Even though everybody could have known upfront that they have no control over the beta release. I personally feel you can't make any demands regarding the beta before the 30th.

Other than that, the forums are getting way too polarized. People are getting labled either whiners or fanboys. I, myself think that's because of some disgraceful behaviour, which has been going on for some weeks.

I'm pretty sure TWI appreciates feedback, but alot of what is being said is not constructive at all. Also, the fact that some people think they can move TWI to do stuff, by posting the same topics and making the same points over, and over and over again gets on the nerves, and might also be why people lash out on occassion. I know I do sometimes.

Upvote 0
I didn't call DDE a swindle. I'm just beginning to re-consider the monetary value I get out of it if we don't hear any info about the beta soon. It'd be pretty short as it is if game was released on 30th.

If TWI has ran into problems, they should just tell us. It'll cause an uproar, sure but not telling and just quietly hoping it'll be okay won't help.

Upvote 0
There's gonna be an uproar...
Everyone believed a french website that said the beta is coming out this week, and an anouncment wouldn't be made until 24 hours prior, which makes NO sence. If you know when your going to release it announce it right away, or don't at all. If they were worried about people staying up late and possibly getting upset if it didn't get released, then why announce it at all, just release it and announce after the fact.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didn't call DDE a swindle. I'm just beginning to re-consider the monetary value I get out of it if we don't hear any info about the beta soon. It'd be pretty short as it is if game was released on 30th.

If TWI has ran into problems, they should just tell us. It'll cause an uproar, sure but not telling and just quietly hoping it'll be okay won't help.

If you are wondering about the monetary value of a purchase you can always ask to have your money refunded (if purchased through STEAM) they will refund any preorder. If beta is released on the 29th it still gives you 2 weeks to play (before everyone else)

If they have not informed us of anything, either there is nothing wrong and things are going as planned, or something happened and it will be resolved. I do not understand what difference it will make telling anyone about it will make. Like I said Damed if you do, Damned if you don't.

Upvote 0
There's gonna be an uproar...
Everyone believed a french website that said the beta is coming out this week, and an anouncment wouldn't be made until 24 hours prior, which makes NO sence. If you know when your going to release it announce it right away, or don't at all. If they were worried about people staying up late and possibly getting upset if it didn't get released, then why announce it at all, just release it and announce after the fact.

Seeing your posts I'll never understand how you got such a high positive rep.

omg... they never gave a date for the beta, the promise was before august 30th, thats 8 more days, till then you have absolutely no right to complain.

If on 30th we still have no beta then yes, we should complain, not before.

I also cant wait to play the beta but this is just silly.

They also told we were getting to play "a lot sooner" than those who had to wait the 30th release.
We're already way below "a lot sooner" today.

Reactions: Dr.Phibes
Upvote 0
You should really read more carefully.

Most of the objections to his posts stemmed from the fact that he more or less called the DDE a swindle. Even though everybody could have known upfront that they have no control over the beta release. I personally feel you can't make any demands regarding the beta before the 30th.

Other than that, the forums are getting way too polarized. People are getting labled either whiners or fanboys. I, myself think that's because of some disgraceful behaviour, which has been going on for some weeks.

I'm pretty sure TWI appreciates feedback, but alot of what is being said is not constructive at all. Also, the fact that some people think they can move TWI to do stuff, by posting the same topics and making the same points over, and over and over again gets on the nerves, and might also be why people lash out on occassion. I know I do sometimes.

No, not at all. I can see in some of his kneejerk replies to insults he mentioned this but it's the lack of information that's got him worked up.

Even so, it's not your job or mine to attack people we don't agree with, learn to live and let live. No I'm not suggesting you attacked anyone.

Reactions: WrinkleRay
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.