• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Release Date delayed 2 weeks to 13 Sep 2011

Looking at fps releases, they launch games at the promised release date but it always need a patch addressing some glaring issues, like a BETA. :p

Look at Brink, they even launched earlier than the original release date and the game was/is buggy as hell, no patch solved for me.

While i acknowledge the delay, i cant help but think the beta could be starting now or last week with the release date kept intact. :eek:

So if TWI launch a game without glaring bugs the 2 week delay will be wortwhile, else, i will be a little disappointed.

Upvote 0
No, what I meant to say is, I've had exclusive access, months in advance, to a much more highly anticipated game, which I haven't pre-ordered. So, that fact makes me question whether it's really worth paying $10 for early beta access, when details about that access are so vague, and the release date of the final product so near.

Stop to compare BF3

Upvote 0
No, what I meant to say is, I've had exclusive access, months in advance, to a much more highly anticipated game, which I haven't pre-ordered. So, that fact makes me question whether it's really worth paying $10 for early beta access, when details about that access are so vague, and the release date of the final product so near.

"...to a much more highly anticipated game"

I would argue that with "...to a much more hyped game" but then I risk sounding like a fanboi etc.

Question away, but stop short of insinuating that the "sense of entitlement" permeating this thread is justified.

:cool:

Upvote 0
Some people on this thread are truley amazing. I'm sure that Mr. Wilson was beside himself with joy to have to make that announcement. You guys need to back up and think about something. It's not your game, your companies reputation or your good name that's at risk here. It's Wilson, all the employee's, and Tripwires.

Obviously most of you have never participated in a beta test before. I have, in fact I was a beta tester for a Tripwire game, but as with all beta test participants, you sign a non-disclosure statement stating that you will not ever discuss what you were involved in, you have to have your computer spec'd so that the developers know you have a machine capable of playing the game as it is to the max potential, and other things. The worst part is that the game, in it's beta format, truely is terrible. Your job is to actually discover stuff like "the coaxial gun on the Panther will not fire when the turrent turns to the left" and stuff like that. Thats what a true beta test is. That information goes to the coders for resolution.

Now for the guys that purchased the DDE, you are not participating in the beta testing, rather, you will be given an oppertunity to play the game in it's beta format. That means you may see things like I mentioned, maybe buggy as hell and you may even see your computer lock up or at least discover that something ain't gonna work as it should. It may not be as bad as that as the game will have been in beta for a while and I'm thinking the major glitches may already have been addressed. But be forewarned.

Also, the specs for the game mean that the computer your currently using to play RO may not hack it for RO2. That 5 year old laptop or 3 year old CRT monitor may let you down. Who will you blame then? Look, I understand that some of you are dissapointed, but telling the boss at Tripwire that you have been cheated and you want your money back just makes you look 12 years old. Look at how long it took to get Duke Nukem out. By the time that game came out the ship had sailed. No one cares. This game is going to use cutting edge technologies that must work properly for the game to work. if the dev team says wait, we wait, we're not dealing the cards here, just playing the hand.

Upvote 0
Oh FFS!!! Just started to count the damn days from today with a great smile on my face while driving home from work... :( And now this. :(

Hey look it's another BIS forums person! hey there.

On Topic: FFUUUUUUU

I hope beta starts relatively soon. Oh well, I understand that it's for the better of the game.

Upvote 0
Hey look it's another BIS forums person! hey there.

On Topic: FFUUUUUUU

I hope beta starts relatively soon. Oh well, I understand that it's for the better of the game.

^ GossamerSolid will set fire to the building. This is the last straw ;)

On Topic: Yay! now i have more time to play KF which i only got quite recently. Having been a keen follower of BRINK pre-release, i can definitely say that releasing the game without bugs is worth it.

Off topic (again): It seems there are a large amount of people here that like to "down-vote" posts that seem perfectly reasonable. Is the down-vote system abused by trolls or is there something i'm missing?

Reactions: IVIARSHALL
Upvote 0
So I woke up this morning, all groggy and tired. Sat down by my computer with a fresh cup of coffee and began to read up on the latest news. I go to the PCG website and my eyeballs are struck by the news article, "RO2 Delayed."

I ****ing panick, but then I see that the game is not delayed for months or several weeks, but only a couple of weeks. My anxiety subsides and I launch RO...

Two weeks is nothing. Beta will come when it comes. If you can't handle it, your priorities in life might be off by a **** hair.

Upvote 0