• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The one and only "Can I run this game" thread

This has been what I've used for most games. If your computer can run Crysis, it will more than likely run the game you're asking about.

Absolutely agree. Or actually better yet, if your computer can run the unoptimized mess in the pants that is GTA4, then you should be able to run any game under the sun.

As for BiA:Hells highway, lets put it like this...

HH(hells highway) is indeed a UE3 game. Actually, They called it UE3.5 since gearbox did a lot of building on the engine that was custom to what the game needed. In the end, bia wasn't incredibly optimized for PC, however, the build of UE3 that they used is a 2008 build. Not a 2010 or later build like RO2 is. So in the sense that the RO2 build is newer and beefier, along with TWI's own customizations to the engine, it will indeed be more of a performance hog despite the fact that HH wasn't fully optimized for PC.

With all that said, HH should still be a valid candidate for a comparison game to RO2's final build as it still uses UE3 in a customized state, just like RO2 does.

Lastly, I'm a big fan of the BIA franchise and Furious 4 made me absolutely furious. Infact I've lost a large amount of respect for gearbox because of it.

Upvote 0
Absolutely agree. Or actually better yet, if your computer can run the unoptimized mess in the pants that is GTA4, then you should be able to run any game under the sun.

As for BiA:Hells highway, lets put it like this...

HH(hells highway) is indeed a UE3 game. Actually, They called it UE3.5 since gearbox did a lot of building on the engine that was custom to what the game needed. In the end, bia wasn't incredibly optimized for PC, however, the build of UE3 that they used is a 2008 build. Not a 2010 or later build like RO2 is. So in the sense that the RO2 build is newer and beefier, along with TWI's own customizations to the engine, it will indeed be more of a performance hog despite the fact that HH wasn't fully optimized for PC.

With all that said, HH should still be a valid candidate for a comparison game to RO2's final build as it still uses UE3 in a customized state, just like RO2 does.

Lastly, I'm a big fan of the BIA franchise and Furious 4 made me absolutely furious. Infact I've lost a large amount of respect for gearbox because of it.
Yeah I was also a BIA fan but Furious 4 is just ridiculous. It reminds me of EA's Battlefield Heroes with the cartoony feel and they seem to have stolen Inglorious Bastards story with Jews killing Nazis and such.

Upvote 0
SM3 Compatible video card - where can I find ATI compatible models

SM3 Compatible video card - where can I find ATI compatible models

So the Steam site lists Graphic card specs as; SM3 Compatible video card (GF6800 minimum - GF8800 or higher recommended) - nothing about ATI cards- is that a slam?

My Radeon 4870 has specs for SM 4.1 is this compatible, and willl this
1GB card give me sufficient FPS?

Thanks
ATI Radeon

Upvote 0
I thought about picking this and DoD:S off of Steam. I'm either going to do that, or buy the The Ballad of Gay Tony GTA4 DLC for PS3. I don't know what to do at this point. I've kind of been in a WW2 gaming mood lately, so I might secumb to that.

Really hope you went with RO... The Ballad is difficult without cheats and impossible without auto aim... and youll find yourself waiting for taxis (Waiting for a taxi in times square sucks in real life.... why would you want to do it in a game?)

Upvote 0
I have a 3.5 yr old rig with a GTX 260, 4Gb RAM and intel 2.97Ghz Quad Core...I can still run most recent games on fairly high settings so I'm hoping I still get a decent performance in RO2 as I don't plan on upgrading until later next year.
I HAVE AMD Phenom II X4 945 Quad-Core Processor - 3.00 GHz 4gb ram and GTX 260 WE WILL BE FINE I AM SURE :D i can run mafia 2 on high and both GTA4 games on high so with the Quad Core and a card like the GTX 260 it wont have trouble i have a program called game booster also i use it to turn all useless things off in the back ground so you have more power its free here http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not sure, if you can run it? READ THIS!

Not sure, if you can run it? READ THIS!

UPDATE: That was quick. The specs are now right. Have fun ;)

For everyone, who isn't sure, if he can run "Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad" , can use "Can You Run It?"
It's a free service from
System Requirements Lab

The site detects your hardware and tells you automatically, if you can run it or not. It's free, save and you can use it for other games, too.

For other questions, visit the FAQ

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This stuff is so inaccurate.

And all it really does is compare your system to the Minimum/recommended specs and come up with really bad conclusion based on that.

You can compare your own system with the published requirements and draw your own conclusions, they will probably be more on the spot.

Reactions: Hobitt
Upvote 0