• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Three new videos (German/Russian and mutliplayer).

It seems that theirs going to be people who are going to hate any thing...

While I like when they are speaking in their native languages, However I have little knowledge on either German or Russian, so I do not know what they are saying, I may have some idea what they saying, particularly the stock phrases. I would not be able to hold a conversation however. So them for me being able to understand what my team mates are saying in the back ground would be helpful, particularly if it's something I might need to know. At lest the other side is still speaking in their language.

Though most people seem who are hating the voices seem to be forgetting VOIP. Whats the point of having German players speak in German when half your team mates are speaking in English over VOIP or Team speak (or both)?
Should we force every one who plays to speak German or Russian when they use VOIP or some other voice chat for the sake of realism?
Or heaven forbid they typed something in English in the chat menus.

Though one thing I would like to know is how dose the "battle chat" work with player characters? Do they generate them as well? Or is this only with AI players?

Upvote 0
I'm curious to see how this battle chatter stuff will work out. Keep in mind we keep on cheering for "innovation" and "new ideas" so lets not rip up all the new ideas they come up with before we even try them out....

As long as there is some way to keep quiet I think it will be great. Its success in my eyes depend mostly how good the system is to spot stuff, for example how good it's to spot a grenade/enemy compared to yourself. I think it would work perfectly if it's a little bit worse than the bots. I rather have it miss calling something out rather than calling out stuff I can't see myself. But then again, it sounds like it does a lot more than just warning messages.

Upvote 0
i have been whitnessing the rape of my motherlanguage in realism clans that try to be german so hard...srsly...( and really no offence ) its horrible.
At least make an effort and actualy ..ah wahtever...go ahead...:eek:

+1, I laughed extremely hard

However, you should be aware that your English could use some work :p while we're on the subject, I mean.

Upvote 0
I just hope that there will be no bugs wth the battle chatter like if 2 guys are sneaking up on the enemy and one decides to reload and he starts yelling RELOADING!!! and reveal their position

*Cue original Insurgency mod Reloading sound*. :D

If you read one of the posts by the devs, they say this will not be an issue in RO2 thankfully. It will only happen if friendlies are near by.

Upvote 0
lol, 3000 lines of text and a lot of chatter.

I think you would need a second screen to view all the subtitles.
Don't think it would help much:rolleyes:

I think the impacts of the bullets are actually pretty awesome, whith the cloudy blood or not:eek:
Really nice job!

(I do feel a sense of smg superiority, however I remind myself, that's just realistic :cool:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Blood effects are fairly unrealistic, it generally is mostly a dirt/vapor puff that you'd see. Still, it would be better if it were a bit more pinkish.

For the all the blood thirsty types, might want to know gore is probably off in these vids. In one of the videos, I recall seeing the gore setting off in the options.

All glory to the Hyno-Toad.

Upvote 0
Blood effects are fairly unrealistic, it generally is mostly a dirt/vapor puff that you'd see. Still, it would be better if it were a bit more pinkish.

Luckily never saw anyone get shot to death myself, but I can imagine its not THAT much blood when it happends. Also, there is surely dust and pieces of cloth flying around like somehow seen in this animation. Think its ok, also that stopping effect after the first burst looks comprehensible.

Upvote 0
At first I was against English voices, but then I thought about it...In game, people will speak English/German/Russian over VOIP regardless of what team they are anyways. Hearing Germans speaking German-accented English in RO2 won't be any less immersive than hearing some guy from Texas drawling over VOIP in RO:Ost. So what's the problem?
The problem is you can mute the guy from Texes but you can't properly mute the German-accented English.

There are no subtitles for the battle chatter...
Well why not?

Upvote 0
There are no subtitles for the battle chatter... only for commands and player-generated voice.

Well why not?

I'm assuming you are being funny - otherwise you are just being very dense...

3000 lines of battle chatter, generated by your own squad and the rest of the platoon in single-player, or by everyone on your team on a 50-player server... how much text-spamming do you want??

Upvote 0
In the Project Reality mod(Battlefield 2) is doing very well with native voices, the subtitles are for the most important information.
Thats what I thought till the devs explained there are over 3k different things the soldiers can say depending on the soldier and situation, PR doesnt have 6 variations of "thanks" for each language does it.
You simply cant learn so many foreign words from a game, and i'd rather mute unhelpful chatter I cant understand so I can better hear gunshots, footsteps and what not instead of immersive "blaghwagh derpblahblah" with walls of subtitles along with enemy capturing X, u killed Y and magazine full.

Reactions: DiBBs
Upvote 0