• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Three new videos (German/Russian and mutliplayer).

Yay for three videos!

Nice menu art and interface, music, cool-looking MG34, P38, blood spatters, light effects--and thank goodness for blindfire grenades and single-round topping off of the k98.

And it looks like pistols are finally realistically accurate--in the Soviet Gameplay video the player shoots a German leaning out of a doorway maybe 15 yards away, something that would have been a matter of luck in Ostfront...

But I really see the need for those PPSh drum mags as the default starting configuration...

And the Hero of Stalingrad difficulty icon looks a little, er, familiar.

But my feelings are overall very positive!

(Also, before any bashing begins, I'm guessing this is still an alpha build, seeing as the old death cries are still the same)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am watching the first one. Looks good so far.

Here are some of my complaints and suggestions:

1)The animations, especially the reloading animations look robotic and awkward to me still.

2) Check 19 seconds into the first video posted. When a message tells tells the player that an objective is being attacked, can you move the text to the top of the screen please? It its present location it is too close to the center of the screen and it blocks an important area of your vision. I find that the text is a bit big to.

3) Is there any other area to place the weapon resting icons and whatnot? I find it annoying when it covers up the weapon when looking down the sights.

4) Is there a way we can disable the "pick up weapon" text? Again, it covers too much of the players vision and is essentially in the center of the screen.

5) The "magazine is full" text should be removed IMO. Just make icons. Here is my suggestion:

- A small icon of a magazine that is fully filled in white = magazine is full.

- When the magazine icon only has the top half transparent (but with a white outline), it means the magazine feels light.

- When the magazine icon is fully transparent, it means the magazine feels empty/very light.

This covers less of your screen and gets the point across just as well.

6) Telling the player the time remaining until they bleed out. It is annoying... just leave it out. You don't have to know exactly how much time you have left until you die.

I am sure I will have more when I watch the videos a bit more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay, some review of what I liked/worried about

For the first video

When he got shot, it told him where he got shot and how long he has till he bleeds out. No thanks.

Secondly, the text popping up right in the middle of the screen: "PICKED UP GUN", "NEW MAG IS FULL" I'm hoping that'll change =|

Although I did like how there was that stair case going into a cellar like area just like Danzig ^_^, a nice little reminder (at least to me)

And is it me, or were all the guy speaking english? Will there be an option to change it?

Also I'm sure this is going to be changed but I saw the riflemen in one video have a pistol too...

The single player looks excellent though, like the beginning screen and the briefing map :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
noyphh.jpg

Are we going to be stuck with COD-esque accented English or will we be able to have German and Russian dialogue?

edit:
wilsonam said:
In RO2, I'm going to have some idea of what the enemy is saying in German or Russian (both currently being recorded in Russia/Germany).

from devblog: More scripts, training, single-player - and Japanese

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If the guy playing German hadn't been saved by the 3 minute mark, he would've lost that objective :D

Soviet guy wasn't much better though. Everytime he moved I counted the different places I would've cleared my area before moving ect. I liked his charging/spray-and-pray he did a few times.

On the other hand the german player wasn't very aware either it seemed. I should stop analyzing and go to bed. :)

Upvote 0