• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI Devs - IGNORE the forums!

You guys should read the Steam Group announcements more often.

Yoshiro said:
...But the general reception on the screenshots released at Prague was really good. And we do love you all really - just remember that we aren't EA/Acti/Ubi/Blah with vast teams cranking everything ut. And that screenshots are often made to appeal to those who DON'T know our games! We love you all really. Well, most of you. Most of the time. Really! It is one of the challenges as we grow - and grow the fanbase. Some people have been fans of ours for years and will be very vocal about what they see. We'd much rather people took part, took an interest. Just remember that we are the small, independent developer, trying to do a huge number of things...​

Upvote 0
They apparently hang out and read this stuff.

Code's compiling.

compiling.png

Instead of sword fights, some people cruise the forums. Or eat donuts.

Reactions: fredkruge and kol
Upvote 0
TWI is one. They've stated on interviews that a lot of the stuff that went into RO2 were ideas that came directly from the community / suggestion forum. As pointed out, they did ask for reference material on muzzle flashes. They apparently hang out and read this stuff.

Maybe you misinterpret him.
He's not saying TWI shouldn't listen to the community. He just states that when TWI wants something their way, then TWI can do that whatever the community thinks of it.

Yes they listen to the community (and they should, is very much appreciated), but just because forum members scream for something, they are not obliged to implement it.

In short: The forum is a source of inspiration and feedback, not the Tripwire interactive board of executives.
But thats what I interpret from his post.

p.s. how do you spell interpret? is this correct?:rolleyes:

I think constructive criticism is one thing

But saying "I can't believe this! I don't like x! And server settings wont matter because no one makes servers without setting x" is not constructive.

If you have a problem with the game - provide a solution.
Rather than the take everything out that I don't like approach

But yeah at this point most things we see will be there at launch

Upvote 0
Code's compiling.

compiling.png

Instead of sword fights, some people cruise the forums. Or eat donuts.

I suspect this is the only reason coders don't use BASIC anymore...

10 I'm kidding
20 No need to tell me about the problems about that particular obsolete language
30 I note this because some folks are taking my suggestion a bit too seriously
40 POKE 53281, 1
50 goto 10

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, but the features and design are already set. No amount of constructive criticism is going to change what the game will ship like at this late date.

and thus community members can (and most most likely, will) create mutators and/or full modifications to tweek the game to their liking. plus yes, TW has shown in both ROOST and KF that they will support their games and fix (most) issues that come up :)

doesn't mean they should completely ignore these forums though as they are a good source for feedback, both positive and negative.

Upvote 0
I think constructive criticism is one thing

But saying "I can't believe this! I don't like x! And server settings wont matter because no one makes servers without setting x" is not constructive.

If you have a problem with the game - provide a solution.
Rather than the take everything out that I don't like approach

But yeah at this point most things we see will be there at launch

Hold it right there sir, this is the anti reason police, and I DONT LIKE YOUR REASONING!

:D

Upvote 0
DON'T FORGET:

We still haven't made it to the larger closed beta. They're still ironing out major bugs, et cetera with the family-and-friends (*sniff*I'm not a friend...*sniff*) beta.

When they get to the larger beta with more people playing, that's when some of the potential gameplay issues people are talkin---'scuse me, speculating about will get ironed out and fixed.

If it turns out that XYZ gun or XYZ option really doesn't balance well or jive well with alot of the beta testers, or if ABC issue comes up a lot, that's when it will get fixed. All of the current speculation and ranting and raving about something a large number of people haven't even played yet is probably not going to get a lot of attention from TWI.

*TWI/beta testers/Mods feel free to correct me as needed.*

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This confuses me. So are you implying that people who have concerns with the accuracy of things will be completely ignored? Or for that matter, should be ignored? I don't see how that is productive for either sides of this. From what I have read there are some legitimate and constructive concerns here. I don't expect them to be remedied immediately, but games do have patches and changes. There's always the plausibility of them being fixed in the future if it's big enough for concern. It would be neglectful to at least not peek at the forums before/after release. Not criticizing TW as they are participating a lot in the forums, but I don't think your suggestion is sensible.

you guys just dont get it

your version of realism != their version of realism

if you dont like it move on

Upvote 0