• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Witcher 2

That sure is true but on the other hand they clearly said that they designed the game so that they could easily port it to consoles. I'm not saying anything against Witcher 2 but maybe some people should be more careful with hypocrisy.

Which means it WILL have Xbox360 controller support in PC. How does that harm the game? Is not like they dumbed it down for console audience and crapped on its graphics like lets say: Dragon Age 2. (Which ironically doesn't even have controller support in the PC version.)

Because you seem to be throwing hypocrisy accusations based entirely on semantics.

Upvote 0
That sure is true but on the other hand they clearly said that they designed the game so that they could easily port it to consoles. I'm not saying anything against Witcher 2 but maybe some people should be more careful with hypocrisy.

What hypocricy? That they took other possibilities into account when designing the game without taking severe compromises? Protip: decent\good PC to console and console to PC ports exists despite the plagued reputation of porting in general.

Upvote 0
As far as I can tell it's not even confirmed that there will even be a console version. They're just considering it, that's all.

It's definitely a real PC game.
In one of the developer diaries they clearly said that they designed the game with consoles in mind. That probably means that the complexity was kept back a little bit. Now why I don't have any problems with that at all and this is among the Top3 of my 2011 game list, I was just pointing out that the same people who usually spam every thread with "this is simplified, consolified crap" now suddenly call this game the holy grail of pc gaming.

Upvote 0
Pre-ordering collectors edition on this one, and building a new gaming rig to run it on :p
No matter your thoughts on the game, the developers earned my respect when in The Witcher 1 they pretty much rewrote and rerecorded all of the dialogue in a patch, added a ton of other improvements etc to the game (which is now known as the Enhanced Edition) as well as that they released the game with extra goodies just like in the good old days.
Even the regular Witcher 2 edition is getting stuff like a map and other stuff, and not just a dvd-case with a single pamphlet with a keycode on it.
They earned the extra cash for all the effort and love they put in, + the collectors edition is STUFFED to the neck with goods :D

Upvote 0
You're just speculating. Just because they're considering to release on console doesn't mean that they "held back on the complexity", and it doesn't make anyone hypocrite either.
"But the truth is we're not holding back [with Witcher 2 on console]; we definitely know that after finishing the PC version we want to sit down and we want to start working on this"

And from developer diary 2 -> "From the very beginning RED engine(which powers TW2) was meant to be a multiplatform engine. Thus, when making it, we made certain not to cut out ourselves off from the ability to make a game for current generation consoles at any point."

I'm not having any problem with that but my point merely was that the same hypocrites who would bash any other game in this forum section into eternity for something like this(and everyone knows that it's always like this around here), yet this very game is suddenly the holy grail of PC Gaming because it's coming out on PC first.

Upvote 0
I'm not having any problem with that but my point merely was that the same hypocrites who would bash any other game in this forum section into eternity for something like this(and everyone knows that it's always like this around here), yet this very game is suddenly the holy grail of PC Gaming because it's coming out on PC first.

Once again there's a diffrence between a bad console port and a good console port. The reverse applies for PC -> console ports. Unless you honestly want to give the unfortunate implication that every other TWI forum user shoud STFU for being pants-on-head-retarded fanboys who are hypocritical and can't think anything on their own it'd be worth nothing that the given the common complaints about the quality of this forum by certain someone such implications are pretty lulzy.
faceg.gif

Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0
No. 60% here are calling multiplatform titles to generally be crap and limited due to console co-development, yet it's not a problem for them when CD Projekt clearly says that they designed it with console versions in mind later on.

Battlefield 3 for example has PC as lead platform but there's still so much bashing going on.

Upvote 0
Perhaps there is some truth in it because the publishers are not willing to give any additional money for making ports proper in most cases and in those cases they do have diffrent leading platform seems to be more quite lovely about having either lack of important information or in some cases blurping out information ala "modding is dead" and other things which pretty much are heavy YMMV. Most of the BF3 bash is more based on bad impression and implications: Everything about the single player is implied and seems to be over-the-top wnb-CoD, nothing about multiplayer is said besides the features which have been in proper Battlefield games since BF1942 hence the joke Bad Company 3. Sounds awfully a lot like your hypocricy argument, based on similiar implications.

Now even if we drop some rationalising that obviously won't cut it CD-Projekt has yet to ruin their trackrecord which can explain why people are more open and less **** about the whole multiplatform support plans.

Upvote 0
I'm a little concerned with my Steam preorder, I have it preordered, there's a log that it's preordered, but the Steam store still wants to let me buy the game if I add it to basket and "purchase for myself"...

Also still no preload yet? It's a pretty hefty game (15GB+) and I very much doubt I'll get to play it on release date if I have to download the whole thing tomorrow... :(

Edit : Oh so preloading is GoG exclusive. Wish I'd heard about their preorder before preordering on steam...

Last edited:
Upvote 0