• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What in HOS are you most worried about?

BTW Fed, Odessa is definitely CQB, if the apartments and square objectives are not CQB cluster****s I don't know what is. :)

there are many places to fight and one obviously wont enter that place with a bolt action rifle...

This is like saying that Arad is CQB because you can enter a house inside the capzone.

And would you consider the distance from the tower to the other end of the street CQB too? Its almost impossible to see someone on the other end, and same goes for the defenders of the headquarters.

Upvote 0
there are many places to fight and one obviously wont enter that place with a bolt action rifle...

This is like saying that Arad is CQB because you can enter a house inside the capzone.

And would you consider the distance from the tower to the other end of the street CQB too? Its almost impossible to see someone on the other end, and same goes for the defenders of the headquarters.

I think odessa is actually a close quarters combat map. Its not like it got super long range in it, and in general maps can get some additional possible range in them. Allow people to play with tactics and not only potato mashing :p.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm worried about 2 things :
-As you guys above, I want a nice playground for my K98 !
-And I'm worried because we don't have new info or video from Tripwire since 2 months !
(Well, we had 2 magazines interviews but without real fresh news !)

That's too bad because, right now, we have nothing to discuss on this forum (just posting hypothetical opinions about hypothetical stuff !)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not really worried about the influx of new players and their behavior, mostly because I'll be playing on a server I've administrative privileges on. Honestly, anyone worried about TKers, door blockers, or any other form of idiot trying to grief a server should just move on to another server- eventually you will find one with active admins.

I'm slightly worried about what players who are used to recent games like COD or BFBC2 are going to do to our community. I know a lot of us in the RO community survive daily on eating up trolls and noobs in the forums, and if any of the aforementioned games' forums are a sign, we will see complaints of balance and gameplay styles. It would be a shame to see server commentaries like "No Camping"- they might read "No Camping", but to me they translate to "No Tactics", or "Don't play the game as intended".

I'm sure TWI will deliver at the very least something on the level with RO:OST, which I spent way too much time playing, but enjoyed every last minute of.

PS- they'd best not have changed my grenade physics- it took me years to perfect throwing those suckers!

Upvote 0
I'm worried that the developers will mess it up as far as realism goes. They don't deserve much confidence in this regard, given the ridiculous StG 44 prototype will be in the game and the lead developer's justification for it. I hope that at least the tank stats will be accurate.
Oh yea, I hope the tanking will not be as non-realistic as in Ostfront.

Upvote 0
I'm only worried about a few things right now in RO2. One thing is that the maps aren't too congested and won't all feel like Danzig or be spammy. Other concern is that weapon zoom will make SMG's too snipey and make the game in general too snipey. Third, I am also concerned about how the Hero/leveling system will work and that it won't impact the game's overall realism and immersion. I also want to know ALOT more about the character customization system (visual customizations) and hope that it's a full addition.

Most of these concerns are mainly just because we won't know much about them until we get a chance to play it.

*COUGH* BETA *COUGH*
That is also my fear when it comes to ''zooming''. Im afraid the game will turn into a ''Day of Defeat'' where you get sniped by all weapons by the ''pro's'' just when you peek around the corner.

Very different from Ostfront I have to say.

Upvote 0
I'm worried...

...that tripwire again wont touch the code for demo playback and recording, letting it a buggy piece of crap
...that tripwire wont give us 1st person weapons in demos
...that HoS gets released so late, that Rypel wont make a RO version of RypelCam
...that HoS will be as buggy as Ostfront
...of too many FOV changes one can't deactivate
...of too many mousesens changes one can't deactivate
...that there won't be a 2D scope

Upvote 0
I'm worried about realism. I hope TW will make realistic recoil for MGs being fired hip fire. In first RO hip fire MGs have very strong unrealistic recoil. Also I noticed this in Insurgency mod, where 5.56 mm 7 kg M249 has more recoil in hip fire and when ADS (without bipod) than 4 kg 5.56 mm M16.

Also I hope there won't be boring tank maps, like in RO1.

Also I worried about odd muzzle flashes

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im most worried that the armour system will be as ridiculous as in the first red orchestra with the tank shells bouncing off tanks just because they are angled. Also I am worried about the emphasis they are putting on knocking out secondary systems on tanks. This is because if they put too much emphasis on this then players will concentrate more on the secondary systems than blowing the enemy tank up.

Reactions: Oldih and LemoN
Upvote 0
This is because if they put too much emphasis on this then players will concentrate more on the secondary systems than blowing the enemy tank up.

Which makes me wonder how they're going to implement what is KO'd and what not, atleast on visual terms. Magical explosion would be silly when hit on non-critical area, especially considering the amount of effort TWI seems to be putting on the tanks.

Upvote 0
I'm worried...

...that there won't be a 2D scope

Excuse me?! Excuse me?!

anyway, I'm worried about 2 things:
#1 that bolt action rifles will not be as necessary as they were in Ost.

#2 that I will experience the same lack of team communication as I did in Ost. Whenever I played rarely did anyone ever use voice, and if they did 1 of 3 things would happen:1 they would be speaking in another language (sorry guys I only know English) 2 they would have an accent that I couldn't understand along with the poor mic.

and 3, they were yelling/swearing at their teammates. (or just plain swear/mic spamming)

in the end all I could do was watch my teammates and try to play off of their movements. which sometimes worked and sometimes... I don't want to talk about that.

Upvote 0