• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

• Total voters
So making Gunslinger different from SS, is that he doesn't have headshot bonuses? AKA: pistol spamming class.

Would be stupid if he had no headshot bonus whatsoever. Headshots should always go rewarded.

EDIT: And even if he DID only have a 1.0 headshot multipler, the GS player should still aim for the head as the head has less health than the body, so i dont get your point...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would be stupid if he had no headshot bonus whatsoever. Headshots should always go rewarded.

EDIT: And even if he DID only have a 1.0 headshot multipler, the GS player should still aim for the head as the head has less health than the body, so i dont get your point...

On the subject of headshots and multipliers, i once suggested this:

Having higher headshot multipliers when using single pistols, and higher bodyshot multipliers when using dual pistols.

This would increase versatility, and encourage the use of single and dual over one or the other.

Reactions: EricFong and timur
Upvote 0
On the subject of headshots and multipliers, i once suggested this:

Having higher headshot multipliers when using single pistols, and higher bodyshot multipliers when using dual pistols.

This would increase versatility, and encourage the use of single and dual over one or the other.

I completely agree with this. While on the same subject, I don't understand why Tripwire hasn't added crotchshot multipliers. I remember playing Unreal Tournament 2004 with the "crotch shot" mutator and wish this was added to KF. LOLZ!!!!

Check out this link to the mutator:
http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/14042

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I completely agree with this. While on the same subject, I don't understand why Tripwire hasn't added crotchshot multipliers. I remember playing Unreal Tournament 2004 with the "crotch shot" mutator and wish this was added to KF. LOLZ!!!!

Check out this link to the mutator:
[url]http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/14042[/URL]

I'm pretty sure there isn't anything to hit. Just look at a clot closely next time you play, you'll see what I mean.

Upvote 0
Surely clots and such have a heart. Why add in the ability to score extra damage when aim for the heart? I always wondered why they only did that for the head in games.

Apparently people can survive a small while with a non-functioning heart.

People can't survive a non-functioning brain.

Also because it would be easier to code probably.

Upvote 0
smart guy

smart guy

No. This perk would never be included without sharpshooter getting seriously butchered, not to mention it basically IS sharpshooter just with pistols. Other classes do crowd control much better that this could and the increased zed time chance is a bit silly too. It would look fine from the pistoleers point of view, but for all the other players it would most likely get annoying having it go off every 30 seconds.

Switching between single and dual guns is the only use-full thing this would have that sharpshooter wont and even then you might as well just give the sharpshooter that ability instead, saves making a whole new perk.

you called it, and the SS has been butchered

Upvote 0
I still like how they said "it's not impossible, but it's beyond the scope of this update" when people asked during beta time.
Don't call us, we'll call you back later
129142951928765262.jpg

Upvote 0
Voted for revolver.

...though given there are already Desert Eagles in the game, how would revolvers make any difference? At the end of the day, from a gameplay perspective, they'll both have large recoils, small magazines, high damage per shot and low DPS, i.e. they're pretty much identical. Unless you intend the revolver to be reloaded without a speed loader, but that's just cruel.

Upvote 0
You know I was thinking. . .

Instead of gunslinger we should vote for a "Clint Eastwood" perk.

It involves many weapon like the Dirty Harry .44, mainly western influenced weapon.

The skin is almost here as in the movie "Pale Rider" we already have the preacher skin.

He can receive bonuses for the .44 and LAR to fit the theme!

There we have the best perk ever!!

Eastwood Killer Perk lol?

Upvote 0