• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

big bunch of ideas 10 ideas

Lets discuss this in slightly more detail than "YES NO NO MAYBE" shall we?

1. Medics: Unlikely. Reviving or magically healing players is not realistic and players are already able to bandage themselves, so there's not much need for them there either. With all those options out, it doesn't leave much for a medic class to do other than fight like a regular soldier, which begs the question - why have medics?

2. Close Air Support: Not in the initial release of HoS. Later on? Who knows. I don't doubt that it's an idea that has been considered. I even thought about it for DH for a while. There are many difficulties to consider though, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

3. Kicking doors down: This assumes that there will be doors. RO had them, but they were crude and stopped seeing any use after the first few maps. I doubt that there will be a need for this as a feature.

4. Throwing grenades into tanks: Highly unlikely. Apart from the extra animations and programming required, this is not something that happened often in reality. Just getting that close to an enemy tank wasn't common and I believe tank crews started locking hatches after a while to prevent just this sort of thing from happening.

5. Sticky Bombs: These won't be needed. HoS will have plenty of anti-vehicle weapons and RS will have even more. The niche that these might fill will already be covered by other more effective weapons.

6. A Moscow map: There's a very good chance of seeing one in later updates. Whether it's an official TW map or a custom map that's added in as official content I couldn't say, but hey, ROOST got Leningrad where there wasn't even any fighting, so I'd say it's likely.

7. Mines: Might see these, might not. Mines have the problem though of filling up servers and every time you respawn, hey more mines! Before long, maps would be unplayable because some twat thinks it's funny to carpet-mine a spawn exit or something like that. I'm leaning towards this as being something that won't happen.

8. Tripwire grenades: Won't happen. Although it sounds like a simple thing, it's not quite that easy from a technical perspective to create. I also can't imagine that it was a common tactic in Stalingrad, so there's not enough basis to justify its addition.

9. A Melee system: In one of TW's recent interviews they mentioned that they were hoping to have a more complex melee system. Whether they have the time to bring that to fruition is another matter.

10. Dynamic player-placed defences: This won't happen. It's too difficult to add and too easy to abuse. Magically spawning defence structures is also quite gamey and would upset most of the community in these parts.

Upvote 0
8. Tripwire grenades: Won't happen. Although it sounds like a simple thing, it's not quite that easy from a technical perspective to create. I also can't imagine that it was a common tactic in Stalingrad, so there's not enough basis to justify its addition.

On the contrary, I should imagine, that all kind of booby traps were very common in Stalingrad. Therefore so were tripwire grenades. But all these kinds of devices were deployed before the battle. And since there won

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tripwires ... It is not a really good idea.

For example, when i was playing cod2 in a customed server, there were tripwires... and obviously, tripwires were mostly Over used . You had to look on the ground all the time not to die..

If these traps were implemanted in the game, only snipers should be able to use it ! Then it would be good and realistic.

Upvote 0