• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Russian Community gives us goodies about Igromir

i like the animations the only thing i really see that feels abit off is he seems lifeless after he loads the shell and maybe its a little bit to fast.

Well maybe his mind isn't on the battle. He's wondering if he left the stove on before leaving the Fatherland.

To me animation speed seems fine while loading. If that's how long it took to load a shell, that's how long it took. Plus, you'd be surprised how quickly one can do repetattive action when given enough training and practice. For example watch how quickly a lettuce cutter can pick, carve and bag a head of iceberg, and you'll be stunned. It may seem a tad fast when he sits back down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see what you mean but the animations are amazing and it looks to me to possibly been the most realistic tank sim ever. To think that this is not the final version is amazing. The game looks polished and I am sure it is going to shock the PC gaming community.
And to think that the main focus of the game isn't even tanks, yet it is that detailed. 5 out of 5 IS2's. :IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0
I'm not calling names, only insinuating that picking at something (that is already very detailed, but) entirely superficial is a bit much.

There's an animated AI loader, and it'll add a great deal of atmosphere as a tank crew...but oh no, the animation is slightly off...

What's better, a good animation, or a GREAT animation?

Reactions: OneDuck and jalex3
Upvote 0
I also don't want my game delayed by a few days to a week because someone wanted 1 frame of an animation changed.

Neither do I. Good thing it doesn't take a week to change one frame of an animation.

Besides, they've already delayed the game an untold number of weeks to make the animations as detailed as they already are. They could have shown us a tank interior where you were unable to see your own feet and hand working levers and such. Then people would suggest that you should be able to see your hands and feet, and other people would say that it's not worth the effort because it would delay the game, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's a quote about some supposed inaccuracies in the tank interior from the DH forums. I don't know if the poster is correct, but it's worth investigating.

1.) They still have the wrong driver's viewport for a Panzer IV F2:
test3ti.jpg

PzIV61.JPG

2.) They still have the wrong sight for the KgZF2 MG sight:
test1xan.jpg

test5v.jpg

3.) They seem to have stolen the direction indicator from the DH Panzer III N which is incomplete while forgetting to correctly add the panzerglas slits:
test2u.jpg

test4rz.jpg

PzIV73.JPG

4.) In this picture the commander is holding on to the cupola shutter handles. Does this mean the cupola viewports can be opened and shut or did they make these a fake non functioning decoration for grabbing only?:
test6l.jpg

5.) Did they forget to make the radio operator's hatch function?

Upvote 0
Any post by Rommel34 you have to be skeptical about just for the fact that he is highly opinionated and seems to have a serious TWI grudge...

Indeed. You can't have an opinion about historical facts though; they are either true or false. I don't know whether the claims in that post are true or not, that's up to TW's researchers to decide.

Reactions: [TW]schneidzekk
Upvote 0
Can we please stop all this ":IS2::IS2: TW are the best:IS2::IS2:!!!11! "

I love TW and they are the only dev I actually respect. Just because I say I think an animations needs abit of work/tweaking you all jump to TW's defence. Well you dont need to because im not attacking them.

Pointing out where I personally think abit of work is needed is no differant than any of you saying "the mp40 sounds wrong" or "the amount of buttons is wrong!"

Upvote 0
Any post by Rommel34 you have to be skeptical about just for the fact that he is highly opinionated and seems to have a serious TWI grudge...

That is why I would like to hear a statement from Wilsonam or someone non-TWI-staff who knows his stuff about German tanks. Is Rommel34 on right tracks with his critics or is it just grudge talking there?

Upvote 0