• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Humble Bundle Week!

Ok I'll go for that. But lets make the bet even more interesting. I'll throw out my own guess, and whoever wins has to get closer than I did. If someone gets closer than me, I'll give them a free copy of Rising Storm. If I get closer than everyone else, the person closest to me still gets a free copy of Rising Storm, but has to post a picture of themselves on the forums holding a sign that says "Tripwire is awesome!" :)

So my bet is 350,000 copies of the bundle sold. Let the games begin :)

Just for my own clarification, am I the official winner of this contest as my guess of 127,500 ended up being the closest? Am I entitled to a free copy of Rising Storm? Will I receive this copy when Rising Storm becomes available for purchase on Steam? I'm just a little bit confused how this contest is supposed to work, exactly.

Upvote 0
Just for my own clarification, am I the official winner of this contest as my guess of 127,500 ended up being the closest? Am I entitled to a free copy of Rising Storm? Will I receive this copy when Rising Storm becomes available for purchase on Steam? I'm just a little bit confused how this contest is supposed to work, exactly.

Yes, you are the winner. And at some point in the future I will send a key your way.

Upvote 0
Lvl 50 Engineer unlock...only for the russians, beware!!! The ability to ride donkeys while giving ammo to teammates and! shooting dual-wielded PPSHs. Sounds like an extremely good idea to me!
Let's put some satchel charges on the donkey, ride it and run into the enemies defense full speed and explode with it ( or zig zag full speed into a tank ), kamikaze style :D

Engies able to cut barbwires and open more breachs into the battlefield sounds interesting

Upvote 0
While donkey's may not be relevant for Stalingrad - I have to say - Watch out Greibenkrieg!

"Possibly the most famous stories regarding donkeys in WWI is that of John Kirkpatrick Simpson and his donkey, who together became an ANZAC legend. Simpson landed at Anzac Cove on 25 April 1915 and, from the first night, took a donkey (or possibly a couple) that had been landed for one of the field artillery units, and began carrying wounded soldiers from the battle line to the beach for evacuation. Leading the donkey/s, which he variously named Duffy or Murphy, he began his journeys from the beach, up Shrapnel Gully and then Monash Valley. He carried water on his way and wounded on his way back. Simpson continued this for three and a half weeks, disregarding the danger until, on the morning of 19 May 1915, he was killed by Turkish machine gun fire near Steele's Post, as he was returning down Monash Valley with a wounded man. The donkey continued on the well-worn track, obediently carrying the wounded man to where he would be tended."

Note how it ties into the medic theme and also raises serious design issues.

Should players be able to dismount the donkey if it is damaged?

How detailed and realistic should donkey internal FOV be?

Should players be allowed to scuttle their donkeys? Should "scuttling" be called something else?

How advanced should Donkey AI be? Is it realistic to "follow path" without player input?

Should donkeys be mouse controlled, or is WASD better and more in keeping with tradition?

I forsee endless threads on this topic.

Upvote 0
What is this obsession with donkeys all of a sudden!?

Donkeys - The new :IS2: of the RO Community!

Funny%2BDonkey%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, you are the winner. And at some point in the future I will send a key your way.

Sorry to revive this old thread, but there is one question I just had to ask. I don't suppose winning this contest and receiving a key for the official RS in the future entitles me to receiving a beta invite today, does it? :eek: I thought I would try and press my luck today...

Upvote 0