• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm gameplay LIVE on Wednesday!

Yep was a choppy stream guys which is a shame along with the sudden end. link here for video without the networking issues http://www.twitch.tv/evolvehq/b/383165979 for anyone who missed it. There is a rather nice interview in there, some cool footage and a few laughs.

All said and done though we hope you found it fun to watch and that it has added a little itch to your trigger fingers.

Cheers

Filthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was pretty cool doing this, and I'd love to try it again sometime when they get their technical issues sorted for the streaming. On problem was they had me playing on a low end laptop, my fps were so low on that laptop it was almost unplayable. Really I usually do play much better than that :)

Hopefully you guys can do this again without any hitches.

Upvote 0
It was pretty cool doing this, and I'd love to try it again sometime when they get their technical issues sorted for the streaming. On problem was they had me playing on a low end laptop, my fps were so low on that laptop it was almost unplayable. Really I usually do play much better than that :)

Ha, one might think you were roleplaying, what with the constant headlong charges straight into American bullets.

The water, er, animations? They look absolutely fantastic.

Pity we couldn't see more of the flamethrower at the end...

Upvote 0
Geeze, I think their rinkydink streaming session almost did more harm than good, are they working out of somebody's mom's basement? I could tell the maps looked great, but I almost had to imagine it with the pixilation and lag spikes.

The RS/TWI team did great considering the lame treatment. 40 minutes late and then they cut you off?!? :mad:

The knee mortar is rockin' tho... :D

Upvote 0

One of the things I don't agree with Tony on (around 2:45 min) is that he said 15-20 minutes is about the best time limit to make the game fun and not drag on forever? Sorry Tony...

Personally, those time limits always make the game feel rushed and has the players acting more recklessly and less tactical. Not saying the maps aren't good, but its as if they are designed for the average low attention span teenager. Perhaps longer time limit maps will be coming...

(Is it any wonder that I prefer custom maps that are longer and more epic :D )

Upvote 0
One of the things I don't agree with Tony on (around 2:45 min) is that he said 15-20 minutes is about the best time limit to make the game fun and not drag on forever? Sorry Tony...

Personally, those time limits always make the game feel rushed and has the players acting more recklessly and less tactical. Not saying the maps aren't good, but its as if they are designed for the average low attention span teenager. Perhaps longer time limit maps will be coming...

I have a feeling that the stock RS maps will suffer from the same cramped conditions the stock HoS maps did (except for that small island one in the first game-play trailer, where realistically it was just a tiny stretch of land). But there is some hope of the forest environment providing some interesting ambush tactics. I don't think they really gave an answer to whether there will be additional maps released after launch, so the job of making the large and open maps we all love might again be up to modders.

Upvote 0
Perhaps longer time limit maps will be coming...

Can servers not set map length? I cant remember. I agree that longer maps (especially with large player numbers) feel more epic. That's what I loved about DH, the battles had some substance to them.

Upvote 0