• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

pcgamer.com, RO2 preview.

Nice find. Kind of a short write up, but now we know that Hero status is determined by being experienced with a particular class, rather than just leveling up your main character separately. So I guess this means that you can be a hero with all the classes, potentially?

No... as usual, the journos were reading details into things that aren't there. The beta they were playing is set up to generate random "Heroes" for testing purposes...

Upvote 0
No... as usual, the journos were reading details into things that aren't there. The beta they were playing is set up to generate random "Heroes" for testing purposes...
Ah OK good to know. If Hero status is determined by level, I wonder how you guys are going to do it when everyone eventually reaches max hero level. Should be interesting ...

Reactions: Miro!
Upvote 0
Ah OK good to know. If Hero status is determined by level, I wonder how you guys are going to do it when everyone eventually reaches max hero level. Should be interesting ...

You don't level up to hero, and are always a hero. You level up to the point of being a hero "candidate". The game also limits the number of heros allowable on a server. So through some jedi voodoo in the background the server picks the heros from the possible hero candidates, up to the limit set by the server. So unless a server admin goes nuts with their settings (and they can't get too crazy unless they are running custom mode), you'll never have a bunch of heroes in one server.

Upvote 0
You don't level up to hero, and are always a hero. You level up to the point of being a hero "candidate". The game also limits the number of heros allowable on a server. So through some jedi voodoo in the background the server picks the heros from the possible hero candidates, up to the limit set by the server. So unless a server admin goes nuts with their settings (and they can't get too crazy unless they are running custom mode), you'll never have a bunch of heroes in one server.

wait...so the game chooses who are the most viable players in the server to be your team's heroes? It's no longer some magical status you acheive by shooting people, but something you are more likely to be awarded during certain matches for doing just that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aaaah I see. This is new information that I'm glad you are sharing with us! Sounds very interesting ... so in the really off-the-wall case where every single person in the server is max level, the server chooses randomly, or maybe based on recent performance?

Either way it sounds pretty cool. And I'm glad that you don't level up to become a "hero" as a class in itself.

Upvote 0