• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Patch Notes for Killing Floor Update 1047

Just gonna leave these here:

Spoiler!

and

Spoiler!

both from the Killing Floor Profile page.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this or not, but something I would really like to see fixed/changed is the laser on the M14. I'm not sure what design choice made the laser a dynamic light or projector or whatever it is as it stands, but I would love to see the laser get changed to either a small tri that comes out of the gun, or a solid particle effect like Resident Evil 4 or L4D.

My problem with it isn't that it's not a straight line leading up to the target, as that is basically a crosshair and I understand that a hard crosshair completely goes against the spirit of KF. The source of my frustration is that the laser looks awful on any settings I have ever seen. It's jittery, it snaps to almost anything around it in a huge range, and half the time, it's just a red blur all over the model it's aimed at, as opposed to a sharp point.

I do understand that a laser sight isn't easy to see at medium/long ranges IRL, but I think it would serve it's purpose considerably better as a particle rather than a projector, and as it stands, based on my experience, the laser is basically unusable on most graphics settings, and if there IS one that fixes it, I have yet to see it. Sorry about the wall of text, this has just been bothering me for many years.

If this is not something that TWI cannot/will not fix, would a custom version of the M14 akin to the fan made "Executioner" and "Winchester" with a particle or polygon laser be acceptable for whitelisting? I'm seriously willing to learn how to make weapon mods to fix this, but it seems like something the receptive professionals at TWI could fix in 10 minutes, and this is, at this point, my biggest gripe with this game.

Love this game, btw, and after 775 hours, I still plan to play many more, as well as eagerly awaiting the prospect of the next Summer Event.:D

Upvote 0