• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 HD

Sojuz

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2008
Are there any plans to release, in any term, HD version of the first part of the Red Orchestra? In recent times it's common to encounter the re-edition of various games and you have to admit that by often they are quite good ideas. Renewed version of the game would ensure you some income and would increase the goodwill of 'veterans' after the flap of RO2 premiere. That could also attract new players who most often react badly to weaker visual setting. Around that core base You could start to think about resumption of competition on TWI ladder. Without the base of competitive players You are losing a lot, the worse is You gives the impression like TWI doesn't care about it.

actually, i would love to see RO1 get a quick update with better GUI/FOV support for widescreen, workshop support + steam cloud/overlay, updated UT engine, and some optimization for newer OS (including SteamOS). Free-to-play would be wonderful and keep people playing.

I really liked Rising Storm but RO2 just never cut it for me. Insurgency felt like more of successor to RO than Heroes of Stalingrad.

Another hopeful wish would be that some of the features of RO2 could be brought back over to RO1 - like breathing, supression, ammo checking.. etc.. but.. not banking on that one.

i know that there's little money in re-marketing old games. i hope that one day developers start to take advantage of a stable OS like Steam and provides legacy support for their games. PC gamers upgrade their computers, but the platform is the same overtime. where consoles change every 10 years. why should any pc game ever have to lose it's ability to be played ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are no plans for this. Long story short: It would be 80% of (the cost and work of) making a new game from the ground up (at best) with little hope for return on investment.

The reason we dropped support for the original game in the first place was that we had spent large amounts of money giving updates to it that we were not recouping in new game sales (there were several updates in a row where we lost significant money before we dropped support as well, so it wasn't a one off case).

And to Katzcinsky, there is nothing stopping RO1 from being played. We continue to make sure the game works (and will likely do so for some time).

Upvote 0
There are no plans for this. Long story short: It would be 80% of (the cost and work of) making a new game from the ground up (at best) with little hope for return on investment.

The reason we dropped support for the original game in the first place was that we had spent large amounts of money giving updates to it that we were not recouping in new game sales (there were several updates in a row where we lost significant money before we dropped support as well, so it wasn't a one off case).

And to Katzcinsky, there is nothing stopping RO1 from being played. We continue to make sure the game works (and will likely do so for some time).

Can you look ito the server browser problems we're having at the moment
The posts are in the dedi server section
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=100740

Last edited:
Upvote 0