• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Explosives

about RPG40 - why it cant destroy things like barriers, bunkers and walls? IRL it was very often used to destroy a bunker.
About HHL3 - it must be removed, like MkB42. Not only because it is 100% wrong in operation, but because it wasnt in Stalingrad. And even if it could be - to the end of 1942 year Germany produced only 9000 HHL3 which is very small number.

Upvote 0
about RPG40 - why it cant destroy things like barriers, bunkers and walls? IRL it was very often used to destroy a bunker.
About HHL3 - it must be removed, like MkB42. Not only because it is 100% wrong in operation, but because it wasnt in Stalingrad. And even if it could be - to the end of 1942 year Germany produced only 9000 HHL3 which is very small number.

I don

Upvote 0
IMO it is BEST to focus on a certain timeline. Otherwise you get stupid odd stuff that for history freaks breaks the whole verisimilitude. IF you open the time line up to 43-44 all of a sudden you need pretty much a NEW game:D. Boy that would be nice.. RO3...battle of Kursk LOL. :p Or RO3..fall of Berlin. etc etc.

I would LOVE to see the hh3 work correctly. But if you notice in most games it is always a thrown grenade and NOT the magnetic mine it actually was. Game limitation/massive headache to get to work right. Also the AT "grenades" are usually 1 shot kill weapons. This is odd and IMO should work like all the other weapons. That is...it has to hit the right spot for blowing up the tank. If you throw it at the engine deck...its MOBILITY killed NOT blown up dang dabit!. :eek:

I would have zero issues if the HH3 was removed...the satchel charges work QUITE well for tank busting as well. Although Germanphobs HATE to admit this.... in the early war period the German infantry where at a pretty HUGE disadvantage on tank killing weapons. IF their company or battalion level anti tank guns where in the wrong place or destroyed.. IT was quite bad for the poor bloody infantry. :eek:

Would also be nice if tanks that got destroyed did not magically reappear in 12 seconds. :p

ON the hh3... odd how the satchels stick to tanks and the hh3 just blows up.

The RPG40 is not a demo charge. It is not even a shaped charge. It worked by attempting to get the inside of the tanks armor to spall and kill the crew/brake stuff. With Germans making their armor SO overly hardened....this actually could happen. And is why large 122 and 152mm HE shells could literally shatter panther and tiger tank armor. "softer" case hardened armor like on USSR/US/UK tanks was MUCH less likely to do this. But was a trade off between possibly deflecting shells or getting pierced by a shell that was on the border of penetrating. But a large enough HE shell comes along... A tank with softer armor MIGHT survive the hit (although its probably DONE as a fighting vehicle), where a German tank would have a shattered plate and dead crew. But this was only really a factor later in the war when the Red Army had ALOT of vehicles about with 122 and 152mm guns. OR I guess if tanks found themselves facing field artillery in a direct fire roll. :eek:

Ill shut up now.

Upvote 0
so, it must be removed from all Stalingrad maps.

Hmm not sure, I have just search for wikipedia:

-----------------------------------------------
Specifications

• Weight: 3kg for the H3 version, 3.5kg for the H3.5 version.
  • Date of issue: November 1942
  • Penetration: 140mm of RHA angled at 0 degrees, 20 inches of concrete
  • Fuse: Friction ignited 4.5 second delay fuse, increased to 7.5 seconds in May 1943
  • Production: 553,900 produced 1942-44
  • Declared obsolete in May 1944 in favour of the Panzerfaust, but existing stockpiles were still used.
----------------------

Similar on the german wiki page, first use was 1942 at the Wolchow Front.

So i wouldn

Upvote 0
I'm an explosives idiot, I don't know the history and specific mechanics of the explosives IRL, so I'll stay out of that discussion.

However, in the game, I find it annoying that more doors are not destroyable with satchels or AT grenades on many maps. I assume that having two states for any appropriate door might be an engine limitation, but I'd love to see any door you can get to that has a modeled area on the other side, be destroyable. And I'd assume, even being the idiot I am, that any AT explosive would breach it, I mean, they're just doors, not bank vaults.

I'd vote for making explosives slightly harder to use and being more likely to damage or cripple a tank instead of outright killing it. I love to play engineer on some maps and if I can get close, it's an easy kill. Which is great fun, but it also means the enemy has a brand new tank ASAP. I'd rather cripple it and the crew has a time limit of a couple of minutes before they can scuttle. Force them to fight it out to stay alive. :)

Upvote 0
Hmm not sure, I have just search for wikipedia:

-----------------------------------------------
Specifications

• Weight: 3kg for the H3 version, 3.5kg for the H3.5 version.
  • Date of issue: November 1942
  • Penetration: 140mm of RHA angled at 0 degrees, 20 inches of concrete
  • Fuse: Friction ignited 4.5 second delay fuse, increased to 7.5 seconds in May 1943
  • Production: 553,900 produced 1942-44
  • Declared obsolete in May 1944 in favour of the Panzerfaust, but existing stockpiles were still used.
----------------------

Similar on the german wiki page, first use was 1942 at the Wolchow Front.

So i wouldn

Upvote 0
I assume that having two states for any appropriate door might be an engine limitation

It's actually pretty easy to set up objects to be destructible but there are a fairly limited number of "M_Common_Destructible" actors included in the SDK. I'll bet that making some objects NOT destructible has something to do with trying to maintain map balance.

With that, there are many objects (windows, boarded-up windows) that are already destructible in-game but since there's no consistency across maps (or even within the same map) it's hard to know which ones will or will not blow up. These items also lack the glowing material (as in the factory doors on Stalingrad Kessel) that shows they are destructible.

Upvote 0
I'll bet that making some objects NOT destructible has something to do with trying to maintain map balance.

I'm sure you're right to a degree and there are some that should stay closed. There's many others though that wouldn't affect map balance too drastically while allowing for more varied movement around the map. Out of spawns for example or just to allow more firing positions.

I'd also like to see boarded up windows destructible either by fire or a rifle butt.

Upvote 0
I'd also like to see boarded up windows destructible either by fire or a rifle butt.

Oh yes, right now the only map with destroyable windows is Stalingrad Kessel, but you only can destroy them by shooting, not with your rifle butt, like I like it in RO1 before.

And I really hope for some explosive changes for explosives vs. tanks. It

Upvote 0