• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Don't force everyone to play RS!

kuroneko

Apr 14, 2013
So I took a short break from RO2 and when I came back there was a big download waiting for me. I logged in and RO2 was gone? :confused:. Half the servers were RS which I haven't even payed for.
Seriously who thought up this dumb idea to try to make RO2 even more unpopular than it was before? Games like arma2 gave people a choice, play arma2 or play the mods. There was not forcing or pushing of any kind. Thanks for ruining a really good game Tripwire..

So I took a short break from RO2 and when I came back there was a big download waiting for me. I logged in and RO2 was gone? :confused:. Half the servers were RS which I haven't even payed for.
Seriously who thought up this dumb idea to try to make RO2 even more unpopular than it was before? Games like arma2 gave people a choice, play arma2 or play the mods. There was not forcing or pushing of any kind. Thanks for ruining a really good game Tripwire..

What a bunch of nonsense. No one is forcing you to do anything, if you don't want to play rising storm maps you can just set the filter to heroes of stalingrad.

Upvote 0
No one is forcing you to play RS. In arma when a new mod comes out that is often more popular too for a while. There are still plenty of RO2 servers.

You are getting to play RS for free as a rifleman! Stop being ungrateful.

The only thing that has changed is that a new expansion is out, did you want it to be completely stand alone so that the community was split and you could only play RS or RO2, not both? Or are you really that upset about the menu changing? Or maybe you think they shouldn't release any expansions at all, no matter how many people want them? Or maybe you are so entitled you think they should just release mods for free.

Seriously I'm losing patience with all the people who throw a paddy because there is a new expansion that they get to play for free(!) and the menu has changed. You have lost a menu and gained a massive part of the expansion for free. What more do you want?

Upvote 0
I play HOS only. It's rare that server change map to RS. Even if it changes to RS, you can switch server.
I guess you're lucky. when I log onto a server trying to play ro2, it seem like every other map is rs. there were a few lately that ran ro2 only, but no custom maps or anything interesting. so we still lose.
what server are you playing on and what maps does it run?

Upvote 0
which will let you play one map of RO2, before it most likely switches to a Rising Storm map. so that's not really a solution to the problems of someone wanting RO2 only.

Oh well, no different from all the custom maps/mods people used to have running in RO, which made even getting on to a server a complete nightmare. Didn't see anyone complaining about that. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Oh well, no different from all the custom maps/mods people used to have running in RO, which made even getting on to a server a complete nightmare. Didn't see anyone complaining about that. :rolleyes:
sorry. I don't remember having a problem playing a RO-OST map when I wanted one, instead of a DH map or something else. can you explain?

Upvote 0
sorry. I don't remember having a problem playing a RO-OST map when I wanted one, instead of a DH map or something else. can you explain?

Are you people still bloody complaining about this?

Can you not see that keeping the community together is more important than in-game menus, background music, etc? Are you really that myopic?

There are still plenty of pure RO servers around and their names say so (TWB has a few pure RO servers up that are always populated). Go ahead and favourite them.

Hell, we have more players playing pure RO now than we did before the RS patch.

Now quit your complaining. This goes to everyone still whining about this and to the OP too.

That's all I have to say...

Upvote 0
Are you people still bloody complaining about this?

Can you not see that keeping the community together is more important than in-game menus, background music, etc? Are you really that myopic?

There are still plenty of pure RO servers around and their names say so (TWB has a few pure RO servers up that are always populated). Go ahead and favourite them.

Hell, we have more players playing pure RO now than we did before the RS patch.

Now quit your complaining. This goes to everyone still whining about this and to the OP too.

That's all I have to say...
stop being a complainer that doesn't want to let other people ask for a choice. that just makes you the biggest complainer in the thread. :eek:

can you show the stats for the guys playing RO2 only and avoiding RS? something to back up that statement would be nice. thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
R5CYA....did you see my recent massive statistical post?

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=92081

I am going to update it in a month with further breakdowns of RO2 playerbases, RS playerbases and server specific data...

I just have to get my hands on the dataset.

My point was that it was a hard decision to make, and Tripwire chose to keep the community together. I realise it was controversial, but do we really need another thread bashing out the same issue? This is beginning to feel like "Realism V Classic" all over again. This particular horse is dead. The decision will not be reversed. My suggestion to people is to either:

a) Deal with it
b) Find a new game

Nothing anyone says now is going to reverse the decision so why not focus our attention on things we CAN change such as map balance, new content, fixing bugs, gameplay suggestions, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
stop being a complainer that doesn't want to let other people ask for a choice. that just makes you the biggest complainer in the thread. :eek:

can you show the stats for the guys playing RO2 only and avoiding RS? something to back up that statement would be nice. thank you.

Filter by "War Theatre" for RO2.

Though what you are actually complaining about is those dammed unreliable server providers that have set up their servers wrong.

Upvote 0