• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unlockable SKS w/ 20mm rifle grenade launcher

TheDOW

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Since Axis teams will be guaranteed to have 6 MKBs which clearly outclass the AKV, I would like to see a new unlockable weapon for Allies, the SKS. It was produced in 1944 and used during the war, so why couldn't there be platoons of SKS w/ rifle grenade launchers in RO2? Make it happen Tripwire!

e: Title should say 22mm, whoops! :D

Last edited:
Yeah! Lets also add Tigers, Tiger II's, Panthers, Ferdinands, IS-2s, the T-34/85, G43's, StG-44s, PaK-43s, Vampir scopes and the RPG-6.

I can see no reason why these weapons shouldn't be in a game called Heroes of Stalingrad.

More realisticly, reduce the commonality of the Mkb and AVT down to being an Elite Rifleman unlock (perhaps two per map that way) then wait while Soviet assault players unlock their drum mags.

Upvote 0
If I could pick one weapon of the time that could be implemented it would be:

pvg_m42b.jpg

http://world.guns.ru/atr/swed/carl-gustav-m42-e.html

It fits the timeline but nothing else :D

Upvote 0
Since Axis teams will be guaranteed to have 6 MKBs which clearly outclass the AKV, I would like to see a new unlockable weapon for Allies, the SKS. It was produced in 1944 and used during the war, so why couldn't there be platoons of SKS w/ rifle grenade launchers in RO2? Make it happen Tripwire!

GET THE FK OFF MY EARTH.
but no srsly this is the stupidest thread since....
well this is the stupidest thread since ....
idnolol

Upvote 0

i didnt knew 1944 happened in 1942-1943

Upvote 0
The Soviets do not need new weapons; once everyone realizes that the MKB doesn't offer a distinct advantage people will calm down. Pick up a Mosin, aim at the ones in Green shouting "Fur Deutschland, Angriff!" and enjoy the bloody game :)

Haha, had my first game with one just now, top the kill board, with more than double the amount of kills as the highest soviet (and I consider myself very middle of the pack). Press 6 for recoiless automatic rifle with no recoil, 30 rounds and insta kill to anyone it hits, even through the corner of a brick building.

The shame was so unbearable I have now sworn off it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah! Lets also add Tigers, Tiger II's, Panthers, Ferdinands, IS-2s, the T-34/85, G43's, StG-44s, PaK-43s, Vampir scopes and the RPG-6.

I can see no reason why these weapons shouldn't be in a game called Heroes of Stalingrad.

More realisticly, reduce the commonality of the Mkb and AVT down to being an Elite Rifleman unlock (perhaps two per map that way) then wait while Soviet assault players unlock their drum mags.

you forgot the Jagdtiger :p

Upvote 0

Just have TWI alter a few variables (e.g. recoil) and get to some of the more pressing issues rather than having them model, texture, record sounds for a new weapon...that would be months away in reality.

Upvote 0