• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

High Ping Kicker

People with a high ping in nearly every server I play, end up dying or not speaking English. There are plenty of server options in other countries.

Personally I can't play KF with a ping of over 150 or so - none of my hits register properly and trying to lead my targets as if my bullets were traveling through jelly becomes its own game and difficulty.

Do fuggin want a mutator.

Upvote 0
Do fuggin want a mutator.

Before anyone considers this, think about this: Some people, like me, have a good internet connection to servers and there are no problems but occasionally my ping reads "999" for less than a second and then goes back to normal. If that little oddity happens to me, I'd get kicked from the server.

Now consider a lot of people who find themselves bumping into this... Would it really be that good on the whole?

Upvote 0
Before anyone considers this, think about this: Some people, like me, have a good internet connection to servers and there are no problems but occasionally my ping reads "999" for less than a second and then goes back to normal. If that little oddity happens to me, I'd get kicked from the server.

Now consider a lot of people who find themselves bumping into this... Would it really be that good on the whole?

...you're assuming this mutator, which doesn't even exist yet, would kick anyone with a lag spike instead of basing it off of sustained latency.

Tell me, is fear mongering... really 'that good on the whole?'

Reactions: arramus and Lewt
Upvote 0
On the lag spike thing, I thought of that - there are a ton of games and servers (not necessarily on KF) that kick for latency. Spiking above a certain number like, say, 200 for about half a minute will disconnect you with an auto message giving the reason. It's nearly a standard server add-on in Battlefield 2 because people from all over the world play, and lag/hitboxes can get very bad there.

Also if you've noticed.. ZED time changes your ping it seems. Simply disabling ZED time, or making the mutator a tiny bit more complex to only check latency when slo-mo isn't on would work fine.

Upvote 0
I can easily play KF with around 280 ping, not much of an issue on killing floor.
yea.. if your firebug :D

I say web admin kick em they'll learn eventually not to join if you keep kicking them. I would say ban them, but im not really a fan of banning

Thats why you have something ( If ping is > 400 for 30 seconds then kick)

Last edited:
Upvote 0