• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Play door breaking sounds from the location of the actual breaking door

Vaecrius

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Burnaby, BC
members.shaw.ca
Right now whenever a door breaks everyone hears it at full volume no matter where you are. I've found this very unhelpful - if it's within earshot it's impossible to tell which door it is without wasting time doing a 360 (unless you already knew it was going to break very soon), while if it's out of (normal) earshot its breaking is of no consequence (any difference it makes would be drowned out by the noise of like 200 other intervening events before those zeds get from that door to your position) and the alert is just annoying.

Having the door breaking sound play from the actual location of the breakage would provide much more useful information while increasing the atmosphere of the game.

Unless you have and use hardware audio, spatialization in UE2 can be a little weird, especially if you're only using stereo.
Um, what?

I hear all other sounds just fine... in some darker places I take out a melee weapon and all but play by sound.

The door-breaking sound is, like, played at full volume like voice chat or something.

Upvote 0
Um, what?

I hear all other sounds just fine... in some darker places I take out a melee weapon and all but play by sound.

The door-breaking sound is, like, played at full volume like voice chat or something.
It's a UE2 problem. 2k3 and 2k4 both suffered from this making 1v1 very annoying at times.

I often hear gun shots from people a hallway that are far away from me like it was fired right in front of me all the time.

Upvote 0