• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank HE shels

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
I would like to suggest that combat engineer is not only one person who have big power of explosive charge. In general every tank have HE shels, power of that kind of shells is measured by tank size --> bigger cannon you have = bigger HE shell explosion.

So in conclusion allow us to use tank HE shells to blow up something like combat engineer do. For example barricades in Leningrad map.

To blow up barricade you should fire 5 - 6 HE shells from german light tank with 50 mm cannon or 2-3 from 75 mm gun. Dont take it as something real its just example.

Another example is pieces of artillery, you dont need combat engineer to blow up flak 88 gun, one or two HE shell from T-34 should be enough to destroy or damage firing, aiming mechanism and optics on gun.

Last example should be also doors on bunkers, I think that self propelled gun of 75 mm gun could blow up steel doors on bunkers very well. And there is lot of other targets ...

There should be also usage of combat engineer, I am sure. For example targets inside buildings or targets witch tank crew dont blow up yet. But I think that tanks must be able to blow up something by own gun, possibility or ability to blow it up should be measured by:
- size of gun (more HE shells from lighter and few or one from bigger guns)
- target protection level

Last edited: