• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Problems updating linux dedicated server with steam

Radon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 17, 2010
Since the last update, i wanted to update our dedicated server as well, as usual i tried:
Code:
./steam -command update -game killingfloor -dir kf-mykfserver
But the update script stays at "Updating Installation" for hours without any process.
If i abort and try again, the updater seems to clean some temp files before trying again, with the same result that it hangs by "Updating Installation".
Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation
removing stale semaphore last operated on by process 7412 with name 0eBlobRegistryMutex_58C62B72A4136827FD85ED40F580704D
removing stale semaphore last operated on by process 7412 with name 0eBlobRegistrySignal_58C62B72A4136827FD85ED40F580704D

I re-downloaded hldsupdate tool, steam, tried installing a new server with specifying an empty directory with the above command, but nothing.
TF2 servers can be updated successfully, tried this yesterday, only KF fails.

Any ideas for this?

working on a latest ubuntu distri

btw, this is a crosspost from Steam Forums, i don't know where's the best place to get support for this problem :eek:

Did you actually specify an empty, but EXISTING directory? It seems the updater doesn't create directories itself and gets stuck in the "Updating installation" step if it can't find the one specified by the dir parameter. I had exactly the same problem recently while trying to install a whole new KF server.

Try creating a new directory and then launch the Steam updater as the same user (maybe you had a permission problem there?), specifying the new one in the dir parameter.

Upvote 0
Did you actually specify an empty, but EXISTING directory? It seems the updater doesn't create directories itself and gets stuck in the "Updating installation" step if it can't find the one specified by the dir parameter. I had exactly the same problem recently while trying to install a whole new KF server.

Try creating a new directory and then launch the Steam updater as the same user (maybe you had a permission problem there?), specifying the new one in the dir parameter.
Yes, created directory with correct rights (chown, chmod) and tried everything which could be a fault on my side.. Nothing.

Upvote 0