• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can this be done?

Tom_hr

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
Although most weapons in L4D2 are amazingly awfully animated and positioned, I found it appealing that when you move your view up or down you see more or less of a weapon/hand.
If you haven't noticed it, try this with that big black sniper rifle with big scope(the only weapon in the entire game with good animations)

P.S.
You can download L4D2 demo via steam.

I think it's fine the way it is. What you describe is a very minor detail. I think it would be more important to be able to play as a left handed person (even if every other person on the server doesn't see you that way), i'm left handed myself and prefer to see my weapons on the left.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S.: L4D2 demo was very, very disappointing. More like L4D 1.25 with less appealing survivors (except Coach).

Upvote 0
P.S.: L4D2 demo was very, very disappointing. More like L4D 1.25 with less appealing survivors (except Coach).

I honestly think Left 4 Dead 2 is gonna be either the low point or the outright end of the series after playing the demo.

It wasn't fun, the guns felt outright cheesy (You start with a silenced SMG???), everything was too shiny, the survivors were terrible, the new specimens were gimmicky, and overall, the whole thing felt worse than the first game...

My friends who played it all walked away with disgust and the one who preordered was actually regretting his decision after playing it...

Upvote 0
LOL, what an awful attitude, if you don't care about quality of anything that vastly improves the enjoyment of the game go play games on a cellphone.
It's the concept though. Anyone who plays games like this knows that a game don't have to have triple A class features and graphics to be fun. TWI doesn't have the map power to process all the terribly marginal ideas for improving the game. Oh, the game model is slightly wrong... that will ruin the game. How can player play a game that doesn't have the shiny gun metal gray environments from high profile producers.

Upvote 0
That's just a silly false dichotomy.

We know how visual quality defines one's attraction to something (same with humans more or less) in high majority x% of cases, and it's logical that these days everything is marketed with good graphics, but now comes the good question: are they always necessary?

I can play 10 year old game most often without issues; I recently played Panzer General 2 both German campaigns and the Soviet one aswell, didn't have issues with woefully outdated and fugly visuals (by today's standards) and so on.

Of course we know that games needs some visual quality, and in some cases it can be for good and I might have brain malfunction, but I'd rather have more solid quality in terms of content rather than spend 3\4 of budget to make realistic sunset that is advertised everywhere but you only see it once in the game itself.

Upvote 0
I can play 10 year old game most often without issues

LOL, I tried to play Fallout 2 and Starcraft recently, i was so disgusted with visuals that I immediately uninstalled them, they were completely different from what I remember because my brain got accustomed to much higher standards in the meanwhile.

And why are we talking about graphics, this is about animations, and they have nothing to do with graphics, can't you discern that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You're a graphics whore and you admit to it. And animations are part of them.

TWI hasn't the manpower that other big developers like Valve have. And for what they have, they did an awesome job and you get a lot for your buck.

Sure, the game isn't the perfect display of awesome graphics or animations in every detail, but hey, the game is fun. That is more important in my opinion. That a game is fun to play. That's why i still play good old games like Worms Armageddon or Fallout 1&2 which i even bought as an US import in germany (where i live), because the german version has crappy translation and heavy censoring.

Sure, there is no big weapon movement when you look somewhere, but how does that matter? It's a minor detail that's nice, but that's it, it has no merit for the gameplay.

There are a lot more important things than optical bling bling. Like the server browser or the problems with lockups on a mapchange. If they manage to solve that, we can talk about minor tweaks like that.

Upvote 0