• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server compressing maps without being able to execute batch files on the server?

Coruskane

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
Hello,

is there an external/3rd party uz2 compressor you would recommend? I do not have the ability to execute a batch file on the server as it is a hosted server. (i.e. I need something I can execute here, on my machine, providing the compressed maps which I can then ftp over to the server).

thanks,

edit: oh and is the update applied a few minutes ago server-side as well? ^^

Last edited:
you can copy ucc.exe to your client kf installation and run it locally if need be, and there are a couple of standalone batch/tools you can use here and here with gui.

or my variation on the above batch (thanks dimitri) that I simplified to my own needs, I prefer it just for ease of use. just like the first batch above you create a directory for it in your kf folder and just drop the files in, they get processed all at once and then you can move/upload them together. this one works better for me since I run it off a local share, just change or create the directory structure of the set command to match your own.

Code:
@echo off
echo ***********  compressing files...  ***********
set compress=.\system\ucc compress ..\compress\*.*
call %compress%
echo ***********  compression done.     ***********
echo Press a key to quit...
pause >nul
for patches the server needs to be updated seperately through the included instkf batch / hlds update tool.

Upvote 0
Hello,

is there an external/3rd party uz2 compressor you would recommend? I do not have the ability to execute a batch file on the server as it is a hosted server. (i.e. I need something I can execute here, on my machine, providing the compressed maps which I can then ftp over to the server).

thanks,

edit: oh and is the update applied a few minutes ago server-side as well? ^^

google for the uz2 files... you will find websites where you can download them. That's how I did it. All maps that I needed were named properly and there were no version differences.
Then just download the maps from the web, upload them on your ftp and you're good. I wouldn't reccomend stealing traffic... Some people do not have unlimited traffic...

Upvote 0