• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Good Racing game controller for PC?

DietOrange

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2008
I mostly play FPS and some other strategy games on my machine, but I have the itch to play some racing games again. I don't want to buy a 360 or PS3 just to play a game with a controller again so does the 360 controller work well with any new racing titles on PC? I am not spending the money on a wheel with all that other stuff since I don't play these games very often.
Buddy told me a 360 wired controller works well with the racing games?

I mostly play FPS and some other strategy games on my machine, but I have the itch to play some racing games again. I don't want to buy a 360 or PS3 just to play a game with a controller again so does the 360 controller work well with any new racing titles on PC? I am not spending the money on a wheel with all that other stuff since I don't play these games very often.
Buddy told me a 360 wired controller works well with the racing games?

i think it depends on wich games you are referring to

most racing games released on the xbox360 also support the 360 controller for the PC

Upvote 0
im pretty sure those support the xbox360 controller
you could also try and find some official words about the support of those

Yea when I get some time later going to try and check some of the official forums and see what exactly people are using. On break right checking the Killing Floor Forum here so I decided to ask about racing games as well :D

Thanks Lemon

Upvote 0
I had one for months on 360 and it worked just great...do your friends get pissed and throw them around or something? :p:D

Damn uncivilised console apes :p:eek:

Nah the ones they had were back from the early days of the console and were used as a spare/back up controller so didnt see much use but they still broke. Maybe they've changed the the quality of the wired ones now.

Upvote 0
Damn uncivilised console apes :p:eek:

Nah the ones they had were back from the early days of the console and were used as a spare/back up controller so didnt see much use but they still broke. Maybe they've changed the the quality of the wired ones now.

Haha that is what I shall call them from now on.

Then again we are talking about MS xbox products here nothing really lasts very long...I guess the controllers might break, but they don't melt like the system itself :p

Upvote 0
Hahahahha that would be awesome.

I've played some good racing games, I enjoyed GRiD most recently, Cross Racing Championship, TOCA3 in the past. Nothing seems to have that extra thing that makes me want to spend money on hardware (like IL2 for joysticks)

Exactly my thing I don't play enough racing games to warrant buying a wheel and all the other cool stuff you can buy so I need something cheap that still works better than this keyboard which does not feel right for a racing game.

Upvote 0
I've been using an old Thrustmaster gamepad for non-keyboardy-mouse games for about 5 years

41YDW60Y8AL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Upvote 0
So what you're saying is that I should try the GTR demo on steam...hmmm

Yes, if you like realistic track racing, the GTR series is where it's at, and they are made for a good wheel plus pedals, even Track-IR.

But they are definately sims for the racing enthusiast, there are only racetracks, no oddball gamemodes, and the learning curve is very high if you want to win anything, you have to find motorsport interesting or you will probably not race enough to get good, and just get bored with it.

Upvote 0